GDT - Bonawelding

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

bonwich, on 04 Mar 2015 - 7:00 PM, said:

Crews didn't shoot 57% from the line or 32% from the field. Or blow the layup that would have put us within 2. (Or miss another of our 10+ shot-per-game misses from within two feet.)

Yes, but he recruited and coached those players who did for almost an entire season. This team can't play well in this offensive or defensive system. A good coach will tailor his offense and defense to fit the strengths, style, and talents of his players.

THE BROWN INDIANS WIN - AGAIN!!!

Hey billikenbill, I too " like the Brown Indians moniker for the Bonnies, aka, Billiken beaters.

Go Bonnies

Come on, if you're going to have a cartoonishly racist team name you could at least settle on one ethnicity to caricature. Either make them the Red Indians or fix the old logo so it's a red-dot-on-the-head Indian rather than a feathered headdress Indian. Can't have it both ways.

Yes, but he recruited and coached those players who did for almost an entire season. This team can't play well in this offensive or defensive system. A good coach will tailor his offense and defense to fit the strengths, style, and talents of his players.

Even if we had executed this "system" to the t, I doubt it would be anything special or good. Our offense was pretty average the past two years, our defense was just better.

A little attention whoring, but my name got on the score board!

2vngvus.jpg

Well done and Happy Birthday! Thanks for providing a bunch of grown (immature) men a place to congregate and moan and whine, rejoice and celebrate for well over a decade!!! We all appreciate your efforts!!!

I got nothing. Hey, but according to the announcers we can really come on in the tourney. Anyone want to make an offer on that bridge to Brooklyn?

Which one slu72? Brooklyn Bridge or Manhattan Bridge? They both go to Brooklyn. The MTA (Subway) goes on the Manhattan Bridge, eventually lets out at the Barclays Center.

My goodness, this just seems unreal, like we're in an alternative universe, the Anti-Billikens.

Maybe they should be the Klingons or the Romulans in Brooklyn, or both, first team Klingons, wholesale line change substitutions, second team Romulans.

As a casual fan who's been to 7 Bills games this year, I thought, "It's a waste that this team has to travel all the way to Brooklyn to lose in the A-10 tournament. Plenty of teams to lose to starting tomorrow at Scottrade."

Apologies if offended. I'm a believer that college basketball is a regional sport. As a fan, SLU has discarded that notion along with any notion of being not totally offensive at the game of basketball, as well.

Maybe, maybe not re that conclave of the confederation starting at Scottrade Center Thursday.

As Tweeted by Joe Strauss:

SLU 3-1 vs. MVC; 3-14 vs A10.

At some point seemingly every year someone either here or in the STL Media, or both, brings up the Lost Cause of SLU's reversion to the Valley.

SLU left the Missouri Valley Conference in 1974, 41 years ago. There was a reason.

WashU left the Missouri Valley Conference in 1942. Why doesn't someone back there demand the imminent return of the WashU Battling Bears to the Valley? Maybe if WashU came back, SLU would come back too ...

When does the statute of limitations on this one run? How far back do we need to go? Are 41 years not enough, but 73 years are?

Yeah, the entire SLU cheering section of three guys will each wear paper bags on their head.

Roy will wear a t-shrt that says slu billikens, all lowercase, Jumbo will wear a shirt that says FOUK HATE! and Metz will wear an orange jumpsuit

Moderators! Please shut down this ass-clown!

Here's some perspective, if you will, on last night's proceeding:

This one was akin to an elephant getting crushed by an ant; a lion losing to an amoeba.

Endowments: SLU $1,027,000,000; St. Bona $53,000,000. That's in 10 figures, Billion vs. 8 figures, millions.

Enrollments: SLU 13,505; St. Bona 2,400. That's in 5 figures vs. 4 figures.

Final Score: St. Bona 64 @SLU 48. I asked in this GDT in game if we would hit 50; we didn't.

Look, I know all the explanations, the reasons, the rationalizations. The bottom line, however, is last night's result should not have happened, and should not be allowed to happen.

Bay Area, WOW you really put a lot into your last post! We have always been the underdog, the whipping post, the team that shouldn't be there. That is exactly what makes St Bonaventure and the Olean community strive to succeed. Its a place where everybody gets along - not like gang infested St Louis and Ferguson.

As for the winter, did you know Olean is no further north than Chicago? In fact the old nickname for Olean is " Little Chicago " but, I like its current nickname, the " St Pete of the North ".

Alumni, watch out for the Tornados this spring, they are like asteroids, you never know where they will hit!

See you guys next year in Otterville - its always nice chatting with you.

Go Billiken Beaters

hsmith19 you made statement " if you're going to have a cartoonishly racist team name you could at least settle on one ethnicity to caricature. "

Because you are soooo ignorant let me explain to you, the Brown is for our Franciscan Friars that founded St Bonaventure - the Indians are for the local Seneca Nation - Keepers of the Western Gate... And if you didn't know there is a big push on by Native American to continue to honor the pride of all American Indians

I actually agree with AlumniFan now for the most part. I don't agree with his support of Crews although I think Crews is getting too much blame. Coaches always get too much credit when things are going well and too much blame when they aren't.

The players shouldn't be immune to criticism, but the guys honestly just look depressed. I finally agree with Crews' whole thing about how the players need encouragement and not critics. I don't know why the players read this board, but losing sucks enough as it is. To then have to read all of us just rip on them over and over has to really suck.

The body language sucks for the team right now. They have 2 pretty clear leaders in place with Roby and Crawford, but losing takes its toll no matter who's leading the way. It's just hard to watch.

Got there almost 2 hours early yesterday and Crawford was the only one out there for about 30 minutes. Just putting up shot after shot. It's great to see the dedication even when things are going rough and I know guys have a routine for when they start warming up, but the guy just looked lonely out there.

Bay Area, WOW you really put a lot into your last post! We have always been the underdog, the whipping post, the team that shouldn't be there. That is exactly what makes St Bonaventure and the Olean community strive to succeed. Its a place where everybody gets along - not like gang infested St Louis and Ferguson.

As for the winter, did you know Olean is no further north than Chicago? In fact the old nickname for Olean is " Little Chicago " but, I like its current nickname, the " St Pete of the North ".

Alumni, watch out for the Tornados this spring, they are like asteroids, you never know where they will hit!

Go Billiken Beaters

hsmith19 you made statement " if you're going to have a cartoonishly racist team name you could at least settle on one ethnicity to caricature. "

Because you are soooo ignorant let me explain to you, the Brown is for our Franciscan Friars that founded St Bonaventure - the Indians are for the local Seneca Nation - Keepers of the Western Gate... And if you didn't know there is a big push on by Native American to continue to honor the pride of all American Indians

brownindians - you rule. keep on keepin' on.

I actually agree with AlumniFan now for the most part. I don't agree with his support of Crews although I think Crews is getting too much blame. Coaches always get too much credit when things are going well and too much blame when they aren't.

The players shouldn't be immune to criticism, but the guys honestly just look depressed. I finally agree with Crews' whole thing about how the players need encouragement and not critics. I don't know why the players read this board, but losing sucks enough as it is. To then have to read all of us just rip on them over and over has to really suck.

The body language sucks for the team right now. They have 2 pretty clear leaders in place with Roby and Crawford, but losing takes its toll no matter who's leading the way. It's just hard to watch.

Got there almost 2 hours early yesterday and Crawford was the only one out there for about 30 minutes. Just putting up shot after shot. It's great to see the dedication even when things are going rough and I know guys have a routine for when they start warming up, but the guy just looked lonely out there.

Good post. You do have to call this season what it is and a spade a spade. Sugar coating and not being critical won't get our team and our fan base anywhere. Were we expecting similar results from the last three years with this team? No, not at all. Were we expecting laughing stock status? Absolutely not. So a line has to be drawn in the sand as far as criticism goes... Do we chalk this entire season up to growing pains and the adjustment a number of teenage boys are making to a faster and more aggressive game or do we look at those last three NCAA tournament appearance banners and point to them and say "this is the standard?"

Rough season? You bet your ass. But it's not the end of the world, guys. These kids live for the game of basketball and I believe this season will be the fuel that drives them. Sometimes you do have to bottom out in order to find your way back to the top. It's a tough lesson for kids who probably didn't experience losing this much in high school.

I agree. When someone does something stupid (no offense), they don't need to be reminded of it constantly.

Apologies to Metz, I suppose. But being from the area and knowing people who were in the race that day.. the "uncalled for" comment was more than a little ironic.. He'll get over it

Apologies to Metz, I suppose. But being from the area and knowing people who were in the race that day.. the "uncalled for" comment was more than a little ironic.. He'll get over it

Well, it happened and nothing but positive things are going on right now so I'm stronger for the experience and a lesson learned. Moving on.

Go Billiken Beaters

brownindians,

First, I enjoy you coming on this Board. I applaud your passion for your school.

But my post was directed at SLU and the SLU supporters, not at your St. Bona.

And with the esteemed wikipedia, such statistics are only a search and click or two away.