GDT: Mississippi State

JettFlight5

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Transferring? Ridiculous. We're five games into the season and Roby has started most of them. He's not transferring.

Reynolds a star? Ridiculous. He has two field goals in that game and we're proclaiming him the next big thing. He will be good but not consistently yet.

Our offense is miserable right now. It should not be that worrisome. We are incredibly young both in age and experience. We're gonna be mediocre this year. We will be better by the end of the year. That's how rebuilding goes. If we go .500 this year then we're set up for good things next year and much bigger the year after. I'm still optimistic but we should come to expect some ugly games this year.

Although true for some people it will be like a light switch and for others a work in progress. Tough game but just gotta push yourself and your teammates to be better tomorrow.

I believe all of our FR came from winning programs as in challenging for state titles. Some even higher, eg MR and DR. They are so used to winning consistently this has got to be a little frustrating for them. JCs got his hands full as he's going to have to be a psychiatrist as well as a HC. It's gonna be a long season as he tries to bring some cohesiveness to this unit. Baby steps lead to falls, but you'll never walk if you don't take 'em.

My brain told me it would be a trying season, but my heart took over after the ISU road win.

I am glad we have a quick turnaround to get the bad taste to subside. Let's win tonight, and then calling MSU a learning experience will be much easier to swallow

I believe all of our FR came from winning programs as in challenging for state titles. Some even higher, eg MR and DR. They are so used to winning consistently this has got to be a little frustrating for them. JCs got his hands full as he's going to have to be a psychiatrist as well as a HC. It's gonna be a long season as he tries to bring some cohesiveness to this unit. Baby steps lead to falls, but you'll never walk if you don't take 'em.

I would bet that Roby and Reynolds have never taken a beating like that.

I have no expectations for the year. I'll just watch and enjoy the growth as it comes. if we win 10 games so be it, if we win 15 or more great. I like all the Frosh so far especially the size but wish we'd recruit a pure shooter, none of the new guards have nice looking shots. I'm highest on Bartley so far but everyone of them are going to have good moments and wtf moments.

I have no expectations for the year. I'll just watch and enjoy the growth as it comes. if we win 10 games so be it, if we win 15 or more great. I like all the Frosh so far especially the size but wish we'd recruit a pure shooter, none of the new guards have nice looking shots. I'm highest on Bartley so far but everyone of them are going to have good moments and wtf moments.

Even the smallest, scrubbiest teams always seem to have an amazing shooter. These players ARE out there. Why can't we recruit shooters?

+1

I've said all year that my only worry about this class is finding guys who can shoot. We need Reynolds and Bartley to both develop into guys who can consistently knock down threes (>35%) and Yarbrough and Roby to both be come competent enough shooters to knock down the open jumper. I have some confidence that Reynolds and Bartley can be those guys with time. Not gunners, but decent shooters.

+1

I've said all year that my only worry about this class is finding guys who can shoot. We need Reynolds and Bartley to both develop into guys who can consistently knock down threes (>35%) and Yarbrough and Roby to both be come competent enough shooters to knock down the open jumper. I have some confidence that Reynolds and Bartley can be those guys with time. Not gunners, but decent shooters.

Reynolds shot just looks horrible, unless he puts in alot of work he won't be a good shooter at this level. I've never understood how guys can get to this level and no one has ever forced them to improve their form.

The thing that bothers me is that it has been 3 straight games of regression. I expect ups and downs with a young team. Some individuals have had ups, but as a team it has been all down for 3 games.

I am not counting on anyone improving as a shooter on this team. In fact, there is a few year trend of players becoming worse shooters the longer they are in the program.

Even the smallest, scrubbiest teams always seem to have an amazing shooter. These players ARE out there. Why can't we recruit shooters?

I thought Crawford could be that guy, but he's just so slow. I'll be surprised if he's more than a bench role player after this year.

Reynolds shot just looks horrible, unless he puts in alot of work he won't be a good shooter at this level. I've never understood how guys can get to this level and no one has ever forced them to improve their form.

I agree that I don't like the look of Reynolds' shot, but it's not as fundamentally bad as it looks. Watch his high lights videos and you can see it's not an awful release and he gets decent rotation. I think he can be a solid shooter.

Bartley's will get better as he gets stronger and doesn't have to push the ball as much.

I agree that I don't like the look of Reynolds' shot, but it's not as fundamentally bad as it looks. Watch his high lights videos and you can see it's not an awful release and he gets decent rotation. I think he can be a solid shooter.

Bartley's will get better as he gets stronger and doesn't have to push the ball as much.

Who has improved as an outside shooter over the last few seasons at SLU? Why would anyone think players all of sudden are going to improve as shooters in this program?