Opening game sellout?

bonwich

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I expect actual attendance to be affected by the snow forecast for today, continuing until 9:00 tonight. Too bad.

Is supposed to be a storm, or just snow like the weather is want to do in mid-November? I saw all the streets have been pretreated, so the city is expecting a decent amount of snow.

St. Louisans: You live in the Midwest. Get used to snow!

I saw an old man running around Schnuck's this past weekend telling everyone who would listen he had a "buddy" in high places who told him the decision was coming down on Sunday and that everybody would need "three weeks' groceries." It's starting to remind me a little of Dr. Browning and the New Madrid earthquake scare in 1990.

I was just thinking that the other day. Luckily whenever St. Louis really prepares for something it ends up having been unnecessary.

I was leaving a coffee shop in Cincinnati this morning decked out in my Billiken gear and ran smack into 3 Billiken alumni just outside. I got to share my excitement about tonight with people who at least slightly understand. It's the closest to being at the sold out fake tonight that I'm going to get...

Listed attendance was 10,015 so not quite a sellout.

It was a sellout because there were no tickets available before the game.

It felt more like ~9k than 10k. There were pockets of empty seats in the upper corners. Not sure if they were comps who didn't show or Carbondale fans who bailed due to the weather. I guess the student turnout is the X-factor. I suppose once they sell out of the designated student section they allow students to buy tickets in other sections...although ultimately those students are going to enjoy the game wherever is clever.

Regardless, it was a good crowd that got to enjoy a tight win.