Glaze Hurt

SluSignGuy

Odds are someone, one of six freshmen or three sophomores, will transfer. Don't wish it on anyone, but transferring has become quite common in D1 ball.

We should put off any speculation about transfers until season's end. Right now I don't see where any player could have a gripe about not being given a fair shot at proving he should remain at SLU. I know transferring is now the new norm when a player's feathers get ruffled, usually due to lack of minutes. So far, no Bill can use that as a reason.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had this thought last night... Do these games count as wins for Glaze in a historic sense? If not, John Manning will have the most wins in Billiken history... all by himself. Trip on that

Manning DNP in 14 of SLU's wins his freshman year, 8 wins his soph year, 2 wins last year, and 1 win this year.

Loe and McCall each missed 1 game (in each case the team won) in 4 years.

Jett and Evans never missed a game.

Jett and Evans are tied for the most wins. Manning trails them by 30 (12 wins for the 2010-11 team - 7 wins for this years team + the 14+8+2+1 DNP wins I listed above).

Manning DNP in 14 of SLU's wins his freshman year, 8 wins his soph year, 2 wins last year, and 1 win this year.

Loe and McCall each missed 1 game (in each case the team won) in 4 years.

Jett and Evans never missed a game.

Jett and Evans are tied for the most wins. Manning trails them by 30 (12 wins for the 2010-11 team - 7 wins for this years team + the 14+8+2+1 DNP wins I listed above).

Was Manning on the team that won all of those games? Yes.

Odds are someone, one of six freshmen or three sophomores, will transfer. Don't wish it on anyone, but transferring has become quite common in D1 ball.

The three sophomores are starting to play more. I believe they will stay. I hope all the freshmen stay.

If a player is eligible to play and not injured — if it's possible for him to play in the game — then the result should count towards his career record, even if he doesn't play. And it's not fair to say that the player didn't contribute to the outcome just because he got a DNP, because the preparation produces the result.

Well, Grandy was "eligible" and listed as "active" on the roster for all the games so far. He just wasn't dressed out. There are any number of hairs we can split here. Maybe we can try counting the games pre-surgery but not the ones after he goes under the knife.

We should put off any speculation about transfers until season's end. Right now I don't see where any player could have a gripe about not being given a fair shot at proving he should remain at SLU. I know transferring is now the new norm when a player's feathers get ruffled, usually due to lack of minutes. So far, no Bill can use that as a reason.

Makes sense to have the surgery here and when school is out. He'll access to a first class ortho-surgeon and rehab.

Also, if the surgery and rehab are successful and nothing opens for him at SLU, can't he go anywhere? Graduate and do a year graduate school somewhere. I am sure during the summer some school will have a open scholarship and need a strong forward.

-Grandy, wishing you all the best with your surgery and recovery

Yes indeed, hope you have a successful surgical procedure and a speedy recovery. Please take your time at rehab, do not hurry the process, it is very important that the shoulder heal well after the surgery.

Grandy will not use a year of eligibility this season. Wins and losses should not be added to Grandy's total. It is pretty simple, wins and losses get added to your total win you burn a year of eligibility.

Well, what if he pulls a Paul Eckerle and forgoes his fourth year of eligibility? There are about 18 different pretty simple ways to define "wins" here. It makes pitcher wins in baseball seem a lot less silly.

Well, what if he pulls a Paul Eckerle and forgoes his fourth year of eligibility? There are about 18 different pretty simple ways to define "wins" here. It makes pitcher wins in baseball seem a lot less silly.

Should only count wins and losses for the seasons a player burns a year of eligibility. Otherwise, you could end up with a guy getting credit for six seasons of wins (initial redshirt year, medical hardship redshirt year).

Should only count wins and losses for the seasons a player burns a year of eligibility. Otherwise, you could end up with a guy getting credit for six seasons of wins (initial redshirt year, medical hardship redshirt year).

I agree with you, but would you say that Barnett should not be included among Loe, Evans, McCall, Jett in career wins since he was ineligible their first year? I feel like he currently is so I wonder what they'll do with Glaze.

Who cares? It's an interesting yet meaningless stat. The fact that this short burst of sustained success allows for talk of such "records" is kind of pathetic.

I read that Tony Romo is the first quarterback ever to have a 135 or higher QB rating over six straight games......I'm a Cowboy Fan and I couldn't care less. Wins (and NCAA wins).....all else is shadows and dust.....

I agree with you, but would you say that Barnett should not be included among Loe, Evans, McCall, Jett in career wins since he was ineligible their first year? I feel like he currently is so I wonder what they'll do with Glaze.

I don't think Barnett is included with those guys for exactly that reason. Brian's definition of using a year of eligibility makes complete sense.

Who cares? It's an interesting yet meaningless stat. The fact that this short burst of sustained success allows for talk of such "records" is kind of pathetic.

I read that Tony Romo is the first quarterback ever to have a 135 or higher QB rating over six straight games......I'm a Cowboy Fan and I couldn't care less. Wins (and NCAA wins).....all else is shadows and dust.....

i wouldn't care if someone other than John Manning held the title. its ironic in many ways