Top Ten Posters Who've Left Billikens.com

-I find it interesting that some posters have chosen to avoid this site during our period, at least for us, of unprecedented success

-the former president of the Blue Crew used to post as well, she was a good fan, hope she is still a fan

-not to turn the direction of the thread but I am sort of amazed more students don't post here and during the last 3 seasons the number of members didn't increase a lot, are we that unwelcoming?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

is there any there besides here? Maybe there's a student only blog. I feel like new year's eve on Cosmos with the history here. I've been on here 2 years and I was only bugged by that MUDKAT and his groomsmen. just on the basis of wtf; this is like a man in a woman's club, jews for hitler etc reasons, although he did seem to suck, but for me the more posting the better. if there is something better of in addition to this board let me know

I'm sure AJ will be back this year if we struggle.

Of course, another shot from you. However, I was planning on posting again because it's difficult to get SLU news in SW Georgia. By the way, I enjoyed SLU's season. They were a joy to watch and hope that Coach Crews can continue the momentum.

The worst part about aj is he used to play that game of being a fan of both SLU & Mizzou. The better our program got, it became obvious to everybody what he was all about. Another troll who disappeared as we began to have more success. It was fun kicking him around.

ACE, another bitter post from someone who can't take objective posts. However, that's what a fanatic does.

Courtside was a good poster. He would occasionally be found on my ignore list but I always read his posts anyway.

I somewhat miss Billikan and I helped run him off. Like many others he was a legitimate poster but once he ramped up his shtick he went off the rails.

aj_arete is another poster I had some good debates with who rarely posts. Definitely the strongest of the pro mizzou posters we have had on here.

I have vainly searched for 3 star and p_diddy at high school basketball games for years without any luck.

Torch, you're right that I have recently leaned more Mizzou, but that wasn't always the case. Was a bigger SLU fan than Mizzou fan during the Grawer/Stewart era because I wasn't a great fan of Norm (though have learned a greater appreciation of him after watching the Haith-coached teams the last two years). Favored Mizzou during the Quin era as I was obviously fooled by his charm and charisma. Yes, that was a wrong call, though I still like him and hope he rebounds in Utah.

However, I favored SLU over Mizzou during the Romar era and the last season of Soderberg. Admittedly, I wasn't initially a big fan of Majerus, but he won me over with his team last year.

I'm just different from most fans. I don't always wear Kool-Aid glasses and can be critical, but that doesn't mean I'm not a fan. As for SLU this year, they may struggle, but I still hope they win the A-10 and meet Mizzou in the Final Four. Whether you believe it or not, I'm a fan of all my hometown teams (SLU, Cardinals, Rams, Mizzou). They all go through cycles and I can appreciate that. I'm still loyal; will go to Billiken games when in town; and wish them great success.

"Objective posts" from aj... :rolleyes: You still got Faith in Haith? :lol:

I'm used to rooting for bad teams. Do I need to remind you of the past decade of Rams football here? Mizzou hasn't won a national championship ever in football or basketball. And SLU's claim to fame is Macauley and the NIT championships a half century ago. We've been through some down years in the 70s with Ekker, but does that mean that I stopped liking them?? A true fan stays with the team through good and bad times. That's what I will do, even if it means that I offer a critical eye to all teams.

Tigerboard got just as frustrated with me as Billikens.com.

As for why I stopped posting here, it's because it started getting personal with the insults and I grew tired of the immaturity exhibited on this board. Plus, Billiken reporting got better with Timmerman, so I just started relying on him for my SLU news. Get a life, ACE

I'm used to rooting for bad teams. Do I need to remind you of the past decade of Rams football here? Mizzou hasn't won a national championship ever in football or basketball. And SLU's claim to fame is Macauley and the NIT championships a half century ago. We've been through some down years in the 70s with Ekker, but does that mean that I stopped liking them?? A true fan stays with the team through good and bad times. That's what I will do, even if it means that I offer a critical eye to all teams.

Tigerboard got just as frustrated with me as Billikens.com.

As for why I stopped posting here, it's because it started getting personal with the insults and I grew tired of the immaturity exhibited on this board. Plus, Billiken reporting got better with Timmerman, so I just started relying on him for my SLU news. Get a life, ACE

So says the troll. kshoe's prediction that you would come around more often is starting to look like a solid bet.

So says the troll. kshoe's prediction that you would come around more often is starting to look like a solid bet.

Don't worry. I'll never post much over here. It'll be in spurts because of the negativity and immaturity on this board. There's a reason why some good posters (i.e. Billiken Roy) never posts here. I know Billiken Roy was overly negative in the last year or two, but his knowledge and passion for Billiken basketball will be truly missed. It's the SLU community that suffers when a few punks come on here and try to act tough on a keyboard. It's a shame.

I know there are a few (former) students...meaning they posted as students... who post on here. I imagine a lot of them just don't identify themselves as such. I also imagine that most students are indifferent to internet message boards

Yeah I don't have any friends at SLU or Vanderbilt that post on any message board in general. Doesn't seem to resonate much with college-aged kids.

The more posting the better? To a point. VCU and Missouri trolls have at times made this board frustrating to read and made it impossible to talk recruiting or anything other than trash.

The VCU trolls made this board unreadable. The Mizzou trolls are not that bad. VCU was the worst I've seen in 18 years on this board.

Its a credit to our posters and our community that when opposing teams fans come on here they see how well run this board is and the level of discourse that they refuse to run amok and try to ruin it.

What happened to bizzle?

It starts with the last post on this page and continues.

Bizzle made a post basically complaining about semantics, then got spanked rather hard by several posters (I was one of them). He decided to quit posting and has made just 2 fleeting appearances since. He was a good one whom I'm sure still reads the board. Hopefully once the season starts again he'll resume.

I really enjoyed Triangle and Too as well. Roy's bickering with him would get old. I met T&T once. He's a good guy, a definite fan who may have been just trying to be interesting and serve as a board foil, similar to what MB does now.

I stopped using my account and handed it over to my colleagues because I moved on to college coaching and it mightve been a conflict of interest. And also because I didnt want the negativity on here directed at me to be directed at the schools and bring negative attention upon myself as I was building relationships. All I ever did was post about potential recruiting targets and it seemed to really offend people. You didn't think I knew anything about college coaching and recruiting, so I became a professional college coach and recruiter. Thank you for the hate.

The more posting the better? To a point. VCU and Missouri trolls have at times made this board frustrating to read and made it impossible to talk recruiting or anything other than trash.

i was counting the obvious. i don't want to be reading from a house wife who's making 30k working from home or any trolls as i stated with the MUDKAT scare earlier this year, but other than that I'd prefer to have as much good content as the servers can bear.