Ray Hartmann calls for SLU/Mizzou series

bonwich

Live in the moment, and enjoy it.

Next year will be a challenge but we will most likely get to enjoy watching a whole bunch of young kids grow up ala Evans, Jett, McCall and Loe did in 09-10. All we will have back in terms of employable experience is McBroom, and he will likely have to run the point out of position while Bartley, Roby and Reynolds all learn. Defensive understanding will likely matter less next year in regards to playing time. I am reluctant to proclaim anything from Ash Yacoubou ---- I expect some great things but expectations should be tempered right now.

Manning and Glaze must show more marked improvement; more on the offensive end then the defensive end but improvement nonetheless. We will still have to score points to win. But as seniors, they will have to lead the charge and lead by example.

Crawford has looked promising in spurts. Lancona and Agbeko will have the benefit of a year in the process but their abilities are still relatively unknown. I look forward to watching them grow as well. Maybe Lancona can be a Doug McDermott/Cody Ellis type in later years.

The rest are freshmen for now. We all know the speed of the game increases each level up you go. Can the three guards adjust in time? Who is the point? Bartley I'm guessing? If that is true, can Reynolds and Roby shoot? Are Gillmann and Jolly "projects" in the same mold as Manning? I don't think they can afford to be. Will one redshirt? And we still have an open scholly, right?

Next year will be exciting, probably not in the same vein as this year is, but exciting nonetheless. I think we are back to where we were in Majerus' first year only with a much better-stocked cupboard, albeit with much searching to come. Next year begins the Crews' era. I expect to be much more understanding as the learning pains are grown through. But that's next year.

Duquesne and a league title and #1 seed come first.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SLU is going to have tough time scheduling another large regional school like Mizzou. Illinois has a series with DePaul. Ohio St. is playing Xavier. Kansas is going to play Wichita St. Indiana is playing Butler. Virginia is playing VCU. Memphis is playing Vanderbilt. Penn St. is playing Penn. Oklahoma and Okla. St are going to play Oral Roberts.

I mean with all those series being played, there is no room for SLU to play anyone else but Mizzou.

SLU is going to have tough time scheduling another large regional school like Mizzou. Illinois has a series with DePaul. Ohio St. is playing Xavier. Kansas is going to play Wichita St. Indiana is playing Butler. Virginia is playing VCU. Memphis is playing Vanderbilt. Penn St. is playing Penn. Oklahoma and Okla. St are going to play Oral Roberts.

I mean with all those series being played, there is no room for SLU to play anyone else but Mizzou.

Ha! What? Do teams only play 1 non-conference game now?

Illinois has not played DePaul since 1957

I would really like to get a series going with Mempis. That area is loaded with talent. It looks like we are finally recruiting that area.

Like roby, knew zip about slu when we played Memphis and now look.

Don't look now, but Mizzou is starting to hit the last 4 in in a lot of projected brackets. Now, serious question for you guys. No BS. Would you rather be the last 3 or a top number 4 seed with a chance to blast Missou should they get through to the 32? If I was gonna put Mizzou in, I'd probably find a way to match SLU up with Mizzou. Marquee CBS game. As for me, I'd love to see UVA at 3, us at 6 in the same bracket and maybe get another shot at them this year.

Don't look now, but Mizzou is starting to hit the last 4 in in a lot of projected brackets. Now, serious question for you guys. No BS. Would you rather be the last 3 or a top number 4 seed with a chance to blast Missou should they get through to the 32? If I was gonna put Mizzou in, I'd probably find a way to match SLU up with Mizzou. Marquee CBS game. As for me, I'd love to see UVA at 3, us at 6 in the same bracket and maybe get another shot at them this year.

i would rather see them miss, or get killed the first round. Losing to us would be too much validation for them. It would be made into a bigger deal than it is. Now VCU v. UVA, that would be good TV. Two upper-level teams squaring off.

i would rather see them miss, or get killed the first round. Losing to us would be too much validation for them. It would be made into a bigger deal than it is. Now VCU v. UVA, that would be good TV. Two upper-level teams squaring off.

Yes, we would absolutely go bonkers with a chance at FUVA again this year. 19 years those bastids avoided us. Then we get em at home next year too.

This is sports people, things do happen that are unexpected. I fully believe in living for the day in this arena. We are doing great this year, this is undeniable. I intend to savor this success to the last game we play this year. After all it is the best we have ever done in any season this far and we have every right to savor our results and be thrilled by them. Next year is next year, we will deal with it, well... next year.

One really good result of this year's SLU success is likely to be in the area of recruitment. I do hope we start seeing a number of 4 stars choosing us as their team.

My final thought is that the number of starts a player has is really like a Harvard diploma, what matters is what you do with it, not having it. I think Crews will be able to capitalize in the good talent that comes into our team. Sort of the opposite of Mizzou's coach with his star studded team which has trouble winning.

Yes, absolutely enjoy the hell out of the success!!! It was well earned.

It can come and go, but a run in the tourney can bring better recruits looking to be at SLU. Crews seems to be a very good coach. Is he a good recruiter? I sure hope so, because he's the future as long as he doesn't leave for greener pastures. The thrill of watching your own team become bigtime is awesome and unless you are playing VCU, I'll be rooting for SLU every game.

We want to play SLU in the A10 tourney, and if we get the 4 seed, we may get our wish earlier than we hope. A 3 seed would be much better so we can get another game in before what is basically a toss up with you guys on a neutral floor, but that depends on a bunch of stuff.

Congratulations on the A10 Championship. Undefeated in the league. That is some pretty rarified air!