Bob Knight

Billikenswin

P.S. The next band member who says we have the worlds greatest pep band is getting blocked. VCU says the same thing, and it's annoying as ######.

I don't think any band member has said that in my 4 years on the board. Only Guy, and (until this past couple weeks) other people on the board.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob Knight is a helluva man, one of the all time greats.

Bob Knight had it right, back in the day, he knew how to run things; before the world started going to hell.

It is an honor for Saint Louis University that he will call the game at The Fetz.

Bob Knight had it right, back in the day, he knew how to run things; before the world started going to hell.

And there's no coincidence to the correlation...ever since he retired, we have terrorism, natural disasters, disruption of the entire social order, dogs and cats living together, etc.

And you ought to see him WALK ON WATER...

I was told by a friend of a friend who knows someone that John Stamos would be a guest analyst on College Gameday at Chaifetz.

If the bills marketing team had sense (and funding) imagine the scene with stamos actually in house, sitting with Dr C, talking ball with Knight at halftime. If not, which Blues or Rams star would like to sit courtside with Dr C? (Cards gone to FL.)

Spike who?

If the bills marketing team had sense (and funding) imagine the scene with stamos actually in house, sitting with Dr C, talking ball with Knight at halftime. If not, which Blues or Rams star would like to sit courtside with Dr C? (Cards gone to FL.)

Spike who?

You want the entire world talking about ya?

Put Micheal Sam court side next to Dr C.

Spike who?

They should get Nelly. He is not as big as he was, but the local media loves to cover Nelly showing up at a sporting event. They act like any event he shows up at is huge.

P.S. The next band member who says we have the worlds greatest pep band is getting blocked. VCU says the same thing, and it's annoying as .

Ahem. Bob Ramsey says SLU has the world's greatest pep band. WHO ARE YOU TO DISPUTE THE RAMMER?!

You have two seconds to get down on your knees and beg for forgiveness, or your computer will be shrapnel in your [CENSORED]

-not to take this thread on a turn but I am guessing some folks back home again in Indiana still have good feelings towards Bob Knight and with our recruiting activity there perhaps a good game by the Bills, being on ESPN, crazy full house and him saying great things about Crews, the Chaifetz and the U this could help us land a player or two

-of course, those that hate him will not care

- some folks back home again in Indiana still have good feelings towards Bob Knight

boy that's putting it lightly. there was a time (like 20 years worth) when he was more powerful than the governor. what an understatement. And honestly, if you don't think Knight was seminal and if you do not see his fingerprints all over this team, AND if you do not recognize how his style and philosophy changed college basketball, well, I feel great pity for you...

By the way, some of the more observant among you may have noticed already, but there's this other Knight protege on the bench -- Calbert Cheaney--who also has established some credibility among Hoosiers. He could shoot the basketball.

SLU is getting great press this weekend with Coach Knight aboard; and we ought to be reaping more Hoosiers every year for the foreseeable future. Butler has changed with Stephens gone, Purdue just has never gotten back to where they used to be; and some of those boys might be available for the taking. And I think we are all in agreement about how exciting that prospect is!! (slight irony, mostly serious)

And there's no coincidence to the correlation...ever since he retired, we have terrorism, natural disasters, disruption of the entire social order, dogs and cats living together, etc.

And you ought to see him WALK ON WATER...

One of the weakest posts I have ever seen.

A "Ghostbuster" reference?

We may have found a poster less witty than moytoy... who thinks he is witty, makes it even worse.

Coming from a poster with a Princess Bride avatar who is mentally ill enough to subject himself to Chesterfield, I'll take "less witty" as a compliment. I will admit, however, that anyone who spends any time whatsoever in that sprawlish, strip malled hellhole should be well acquainted with the decline of Western civilization.

Coming from a poster with a Princess Bride avatar who is mentally ill enough to subject himself to Chesterfield, I'll take "less witty" as a compliment. I will admit, however, that anyone who spends any time whatsoever in that sprawlish, strip malled hellhole should be well acquainted with the decline of Western civilization.

Let us know when your 10* lock of the decade is ready. Thanks