Bob Knight

Billikenswin

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Coming from a poster with a Princess Bride avatar who is mentally ill enough to subject himself to Chesterfield, I'll take "less witty" as a compliment. I will admit, however, that anyone who spends any time whatsoever in that sprawlish, strip malled hellhole should be well acquainted with the decline of Western civilization.

You don't like Chesterfield? A little angry there, are you?

Whoa, we might put you into your own complete separate category, not in there with moytoy and bizzleboy at all.

Have you figured out the difference between "downtown" and Midtown yet? I always thought the hilarity of that kind of got lost in the shuffle of the "six blocks" nonsense. How can any SLU fan call Compton and Olive "downtown?"

Wow, a true loon. WTF are you talking about?

FYI I was born in SL, started in south city but raised mostly in Dogtown, I know the city very well and yes I am a SLU grad.

Is this your best stuff?

I said Bob Knight was a good man and this guy hsmith19 goes apesh*t.

No, you took a thread about Bob Knight and turned it into your same old "the world is going to hell in a handbasket" nonsense. You accusing someone else of going "apesh*t" is like Shaka Smart accusing other teams of getting away with fouling.

No, you took a thread about Bob Knight and turned it into your same old "the world is going to hell in a handbasket" nonsense. You accusing someone else of going "apesh*t" is like Shaka Smart accusing other teams of getting away with fouling.

Your logic escapes me.

Do you think one of Bobby Knight's players would have hit a senior citizen fan like what happened recently?

To boot, now the pressure from the foo-foo media is for Texas Tech to implement a new policy & process for managing fans. Next game is in 4-5 days, they better have it in writing or the upside down media will be all over Texas Tech.

That was on my mind at the time.

With Bobby Knight 1) it would not have happened 2) if it did, the, uh, "kid" would be suspended for the rest of the season.

I certainly don't think any of Knight's unique shenanigans would've prevented Marcus Smart from shoving a middle-aged (he hardly looks elderly to me) fan. Are you saying throwing chairs during games and choking players somehow instilled the idea that violence on the court is unacceptable? If so, that's a pretty interesting theory.

I'm not sure what Marcus Smart's fan-shoving (whether a racist remark really precipitated it or not) has to do with Bobby Knight or a lack of Bobby Knight, or Knight's various strengths and weaknesses as a coach and a person. This all goes back to your fantasy that all was great and men were men back in the good ole days. My grandmother used to tell stories about brawls at her high school girls' basketball games in rural Missouri in the 1940s. Maybe we can use that to draw some more absurd generalizations about the ways of not just basketball but the entire WORLD...

Coming from a poster with a Princess Bride avatar who is mentally ill enough to subject himself to Chesterfield, I'll take "less witty" as a compliment. I will admit, however, that anyone who spends any time whatsoever in that sprawlish, strip malled hellhole should be well acquainted with the decline of Western civilization.

dude Blazing Saddles man. not saying I don't agree with you but if you haven't seen Blazing Saddles you need to get off this board and take care of it

this must be a joke! Our band is fantastic and much better than any piped in music for atmosphere. If you go to other arenas you can see how much better and louder our band is than most of the bands in the country!

I have to agree. I know there is a lot of sentiment out there for blasting piped in music during time outs, but that's not our program. I don't want to replicate an NBA atmosphere. I like what we have.

just talked to someone at work who is sitting in 102 saturday. they said "i'm not a student. no way i wear a t shirt during a game"

So are they saying they won't wear the free giveaway shirt or a T-shirt in general?

Either way there is a solution. Just wear whatever the f*ck you want to the game as long as it is white. You don't like T-shirts, wear a white polo or button down dress shirt. If you really want to class it up, bust out the all white tux.

So are they saying they won't wear the free giveaway shirt or a T-shirt in general?

Either way there is a solution. Just wear whatever the f*ck you want to the game as long as it is white. You don't like T-shirts, wear a white polo or button down dress shirt. If you really want to class it up, bust out the all white tux.

+10

They won't wear the free giveaway. She said that she's a grown woman and she's not wearing a t shirt during a basketball game. I mentioned that it was a whiteout and encouraged her to wear white. She said "she'll try but she's gonna wear what she picks out that morning"

Wear white or GTFO. Sports are supposed to be fun, people.

Idea: have students go around to people not wearing white and get the student section to chant at them to put on the white shirt until they do so. Nothing like public pressure to shame people into being better fans.