Bills by 7 1/2 over Richmond

The Wiz

With a win over Rich we can tie the best start ever in the Bills 100 yr history.

Rich ( B+ ) is a good defensive team....just not as good as us. They have some momentum too, coming in with a 4 game winning streak. Our numbers weakened after the Duq game. A win here would get us back on track . (a double digit win would be sweet)

Here is what we need to do to win.........

Score at least 63 pts.

Shoot at least 40% overall

Shoot at least 70% from FT line.

Rich is a below ave 3 pt team...they like to shoot 3's ...they are just not very good at making them....

We need to hold them to 22%...no more than 14 shots att....no mre than 4 made.

Hold them to 40% or less overall shooting

We always win when......

6-0....we score at least 76 pts

6-0....we get 30 reb

.....individuals.......

8-0....when McCall has 4 FGM

7-0....when McBroom makes at least three 3's

13-1...when Jett scores 10 or more

Tip of the Bills cap to Jett who had his 1st career double -double....also a career high 11 assists and career high 4 steals

Bills made 52.6% from the arc against Duq....last time the Bills scored at least 52.6% was in a win last Feb against Rich when the Bills scored 52.6%

We have 12 in a row ....let's keep the streak going

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to be very, very tough game. The Spiders will be up for this game in a big way. I think after the Duq game, the Billikens should be a little more grounded (not that they weren't reasonably so before) which I think is a good thing. I really think we need to bring vicious intensity right off the bat, get the crowd into, make a ton of noise and intimidate Richmond into playing poorly under pressure. Without this, it will come down to the wire almost for sure.

I am going to miss this game for a business meeting which is killing me, but plan to watch the game on the DVR after I get home. Ugh.

Spiders will be a test. Mooney will have them prepared. SLU has not played many good defensive teams, and they've really struggled in the small sample. It is absolutely critical that we knock down the open 3s.

Who is doing the narration on that clip? ....Is it the Hawk? That guy sounds like he is reading the script to the beat of the flapping bird.

Big time game. We haven't really beaten anyone great in A10 play yet and this is a chance to separate ourselves from another team in the standings.

Hope the students can show up in full force and not just be there, but actually make noise. The Athletic Department needs to stop only relying on social media to advertise to students and actually get out on campus and hype up the game and the team.

Hope we can get 10,000 fans to the game. I think we'll be close.

Spiders will be very motivated since a W knocks us into a tie w/ them and others for first. I don't see us losing at home and figure JC will have resolved whatever issues we had on D against the DU.

What we really need the rest of the way is for DE to play like he is capable of playing-he can't have anymore game like the last one. Nice that MM is making noises like he is on the way back. If those 2 things happen and RL re-discovers his 3 pt shot we will be very tough to beat in the rest of the A-10 schedule. This last statement assumes JB, AM and MC just continue to play as they have been-we need 2 of those 3 each game to be on from beyond the arc.

Going to be very, very tough game. The Spiders will be up for this game in a big way. I think after the Duq game, the Billikens should be a little more grounded (not that they weren't reasonably so before) which I think is a good thing. I really think we need to bring vicious intensity right off the bat, get the crowd into, make a ton of noise and intimidate Richmond into playing poorly under pressure. Without this, it will come down to the wire almost for sure.

I am going to miss this game for a business meeting which is killing me, but plan to watch the game on the DVR after I get home. Ugh.

I wish you luck in getting home from the meeting without hearing or seeing the score. It can be challenging at times.

Richmond plays us tough I prefer we win without overtime.

I think Loe and Manning have really stepped up and hope we try to get them established and I would like to see Crawford or TL start as that would truly boost their confidence. I would say Reggie but his should gets tangled rebounding. He needs a summer off. We need 8-9 players and Jake and AM are giving us 100 percent and we can rely on them. There is still time to boost a freshman

Richmond plays us tough I prefer we win without overtime.

I think Loe and Manning have really stepped up and hope we try to get them established and I would like to see Crawford or TL start as that would truly boost their confidence. I would say Reggie but his should gets tangled rebounding. He needs a summer off. We need 8-9 players and Jake and AM are giving us 100 percent and we can rely on them. There is still time to boost a freshman

No way would I not start JB.

You dont mess with a streak.

I wonder with DE back playing the 4 when he will move back to the 3. I cannot say he has been consistent this season. More games like the Duq's game and we will be in trouble. He should be beasting every game!

One of the overlooked factors with this Richmond team is the match-up zone defense they always play. Sure, you hear all about Syracuse and their use of the 2-3 zone but watch Richmond, they constantly switch off even when folks enter their area, not jiust the ball. This is masked very wqell as a man-to-man but it's not. And the delay it takes to realize just what you're up against works in their favor.

Offensively, they've gone away from the Princeton offense as their primary attack mode but still do a lot of back door cuts. They are essentially a two-man offensive team with Guards Lindsey and Anthony, who will be shootin goutside their friendly confines. Against St. Joe's, they got a spark from Trey Davis, a 6'5" sophomore who is the son of former Spider Johnny Davis, the star of all those Dick Tarrant teams of the ealry 80's. The tank, Williams, hasn't don emuch in the three games I've seen them and Nelson-Ododa is a lot like John Manning ---- limited offesnively but a shot blockign presence on defense. I think he is about to become Richmond's all time shot blockr an dhe's only a second semester sophomore.

We shoot decently, play the usual stellar defense, ride a large and involved home crowd, and count on their being in a foreign environment, I like our chances for a double-digit win. Potentially a large one at that.

Richmond fan here. We expect the UR-SLU game to be a dog fight, with a lot of defense. The starting five includes Cedric Lindsay, Kendall Anthony, ANO, Derrick Williams and Trey Davis. Our team and our scoring is dominated by 2 guards, Cederic Lindsay and Kendall Anthony. They are very good and very experienced. We have strong threats in Derrick Williams #34. He is 6-6 and 270. He is good, but his production has not been the same since he was injured last season. Williams can give us a good 10-12 points per game. We have a good shot blocker, Alonzo Nelson-Ododa (ANO for short). ANO can score, but he doesn't always. We have a strong sophomore class- including ANO, Terry Allen, Trey Davis and Deion Taylor. Either of these Sophomores can score at will. Allen can easily score 20 points in a night. Trey Davis, a starter, is a glue guy for Richmond. He scored 14 and had 12 rebounds against St. Joes. Trey's father, John Davis, was a UR alum. He was probably the smartest UR basketball player ever graduated with a 3.9 in physics and math). We have 2 other players- Wayne Sparrow a junior point guard, who slashes to the rim, and Sean-Dre Jones (SDJ). SDJ, a freshman, can easily make 3-pointers and is probably the best pure shooter on the team. We are to the point that our coach Chris Mooney can almost substitute one entire team for the starters, with very little loss of production. Look for the second team-consisting of Wayne Sparrow (PG), SDJ, Deion Taylor and Terry Allen. While St. Louis will be more rested, UR has a lot of depth. UR is pumped for the game and has played 4 games this year in OT. Until the most recent 4 game winning streak, UR has tended to fold down the stretch. Since we have beaten UMass, St. Joes and Dayton, our team has a lot of confidence. Surprisingly, we have not unraveled in recent games. I expected this game to go into overtime. It will be a fun game to watch. Good luck.

Richmond fan here. We expect the UR-SLU game to be a dog fight, with a lot of defense. The starting five includes Cedric Lindsay, Kendall Anthony, ANO, Derrick Williams and Trey Davis. Our team and our scoring is dominated by 2 guards, Cederic Lindsay and Kendall Anthony. They are very good and very experienced. We have strong threats in Derrick Williams #34. He is 6-6 and 270. He is good, but his production has not been the same since he was injured last season. Williams can give us a good 10-12 points per game. We have a good shot blocker, Alonzo Nelson-Ododa (ANO for short). ANO can score, but he doesn't always. We have a strong sophomore class- including ANO, Terry Allen, Trey Davis and Deion Taylor. Either of these Sophomores can score at will. Allen can easily score 20 points in a night. Trey Davis, a starter, is a glue guy for Richmond. He scored 14 and had 12 rebounds against St. Joes. Trey's father, John Davis, was a UR alum. He was probably the smartest UR basketball player ever graduated with a 3.9 in physics and math). We have 2 other players- Wayne Sparrow a junior point guard, who slashes to the rim, and Sean-Dre Jones (SDJ). SDJ, a freshman, can easily make 3-pointers and is probably the best pure shooter on the team. We are to the point that our coach Chris Mooney can almost substitute one entire team for the starters, with very little loss of production. Look for the second team-consisting of Wayne Sparrow (PG), SDJ, Deion Taylor and Terry Allen. While St. Louis will be more rested, UR has a lot of depth. UR is pumped for the game and has played 4 games this year in OT. Until the most recent 4 game winning streak, UR has tended to fold down the stretch. Since we have beaten UMass, St. Joes and Dayton, our team has a lot of confidence. Surprisingly, we have not unraveled in recent games. I expected this game to go into overtime. It will be a fun game to watch. Good luck.

I stopped reading after the word "here"