Give me a dozen Glazed donuts

slu72

Yes, they do. And they have some good long range shooters. They will be tough to beat.

From the times I have watched them this season, their shooters lay more bricks than Italian immigrants.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In what ways is he not as effective? Seems more effective than any time last year.

Sure, he is more effective than last year, he has improved, learned the game, our system.

I am merely suggesting that if he had maintained his bulk, which I think was one of his biggest assets, even his forte, he would be doing even better. He traded off bulk for some quickness, but he is not a finesse player.

Just an opinion, I would rather he was as big as last year, would have made him a even more significant inside player.

Sure, he is more effective than last year, he has improved, learned the game, our system.

I am merely suggesting that if he had maintained his bulk, which I think was one of his biggest assets, even his forte, he would be doing even better. He traded off bulk for some quickness, but he is not a finesse player.

Just an opinion, I would rather he was as big as last year, would have made him a even more significant inside player.

No way, way better when he is in good shape and he still is strong as an ox. As Majerus stated, you are not going to outbulk the position. I don't remember him scoring well inside at all with the extra tummy. Being vertically challenged, being quicker helps a lot for his rebounding and finishing (like Jeff Harris), now he just needs to work on his decision making and fundamentals to take the next step. Another guy (like Manning) that should have redshirted his freshman year.

I don't agree that we were very good against the zone in the first half, at least for the stretch I was able to watch (watched about the last 13-14 min of 1st half). Maybe my memory is wrong about it though. We had a decent stretch of bad possessions where we couldn't find a decent shot and lots of passing around the perimeter. I do agree, GG was great against the zone. He was actively finding open pockets down low and the guys did a good job of getting him the ball.

We did score somewhere around 15 points in the first 5-6 minutes, which isn't usually the case.

There is a little green shack that says Donuts on South Hampton passed Target 4 or so miles and beyond Midwest Coin by Another mile that has the lightest glazed in St. Louis. Seems to be a family maybe brother, sister and woman's daughter run it. Always sold out by 10AM on Saturday and Sunday-stop eating those greasy lead weights from the other guys. Rick would have loved it.

6917 S Hampton St Louis Hills donut Shop. named best donuts in some rag, even nationally mentioned sometimes. Indeed sells out early.

Our tourists friends could come in go there for donuts and be shut out. Do some sight seeing go to Pappy's and their sold out!

Striking out in St Louis AKA The Sammy Sosa story

6917 S Hampton St Louis Hills donut Shop. named best donuts in some rag, even nationally mentioned sometimes. Indeed sells out early.

Our tourists friends could come in go there for donuts and be shut out. Do some sight seeing go to Pappy's and their sold out!

Striking out in St Louis AKA The Sammy Sosa story

That is right by my house. Ive only been there once though, I prefer "the donut drive in" on chippewa where it meets Watson.

That is right by my house. Ive only been there once though, I prefer "the donut drive in" on chippewa where it meets Watson.

That place has been serving the best glazed donuts in St Louis for over 60 years, at least, maybe more like 70-75. There was a threat to close it a few years ago due a problem with the landlord and people lined up around the building, waiting over an hour to get their fill before it shut down. I'm not sure what happened but it is obviously still there and doing a great glazed donut. It's probably no more than 1/2 mile from Ted Drewes, another St. Louis landmark.

There is a little green shack that says Donuts on South Hampton passed Target 4 or so miles and beyond Midwest Coin by Another mile that has the lightest glazed in St. Louis. Seems to be a family maybe brother, sister and woman's daughter run it. Always sold out by 10AM on Saturday and Sunday-stop eating those greasy lead weights from the other guys. Rick would have loved it.

I can't figure out why a donut place would sell out by mid morning and have people still coming in to buy more. For Pete's sake, this is a capitalistic country (at least for now), make more donuts =s make more $$$!

I can't figure out why a donut place would sell out by mid morning and have people still coming in to buy more. For Pete's sake, this is a capitalistic country (at least for now), make more donuts =s make more $$$!

Always leave people wanting more. There is something to be said for limiting production to maintain quality.

Can't beat the donut drive in... Great stuff and I know you can get fresh donuts pretty late at night on the weekends. Used to be able to anyways.

No way, way better when he is in good shape and he still is strong as an ox. As Majerus stated, you are not going to outbulk the position. I don't remember him scoring well inside at all with the extra tummy. Being vertically challenged, being quicker helps a lot for his rebounding and finishing (like Jeff Harris), now he just needs to work on his decision making and fundamentals to take the next step. Another guy (like Manning) that should have redshirted his freshman year.

Debatable, but I say he has improved due to additional experience and coaching and learning his role.

I say if he had the extra muscle & weight he would be a bigger problem for opponents inside, where we need more help. Conklin filled that role with his muscle, not his quickness.

Richie Incognito shouldn't lose weight to gain quickness.

Again we will never know; I would rather GG had the muscle and bulk, IMO we need that more than the style he is now playing, though he is definitely better than last year.

Debatable, but I say he has improved due to additional experience and coaching and learning his role.

I say if he had the extra muscle & weight he would be a bigger problem for opponents inside, where we need more help. Conklin filled that role with his muscle, not his quickness.

Richie Incognito shouldn't lose weight to gain quickness.

Again we will never know; I would rather GG had the muscle and bulk, IMO we need that more than the style he is now playing, though he is definitely better than last year.

It's not a bad point, although I respectfully disagree. I know it's not much, but didn't conk have 2 inches on GG? At 6'4-6'5, I think that it's more beneficial for us if GG is more mobile and athletic at the expense of muscle/bulk. I'd rather see him be capable of guarding the 3/4, then muscling up to guard true bulky PF's.

By way of example, I think GG would be more capable of guarding DE-like player this year. And that is more beneficial to the team.

World's Fair at Vandeventer and Shaw - Ms. Pistol and I have been missing this place for over a year now. 47-cent doughed nuts, and two old ladies that work the counter that could not possibly be any saltier. The old man works in the back, feeding the ovens, and these ladies aren't happy to see you. Anyway, the product is great, and you can't beat the price, even if it's 1980. I'm told the coffee is horrible but I don't drink it anyway. A dozen doughnuts for under $6- this place is unaware of inflation.

Can't beat the donut drive in... Great stuff and I know you can get fresh donuts pretty late at night on the weekends. Used to be able to anyways.

Been to Drive Inn they are heavy. St. Louis Donut closes during Christmas through New Year and was forced to eat elsewhere but won't go back. They taste stale. Ofen the order takers have to put the filling in because the cook can't keep up and the donuts are hot and lightweight at Saint Louis Donut. Worst Donuts are those greasy ones Krispie Kreme or something like that with 1/4 glazing even too much for double G

It's not a bad point, although I respectfully disagree. I know it's not much, but didn't conk have 2 inches on GG? At 6'4-6'5, I think that it's more beneficial for us if GG is more mobile and athletic at the expense of muscle/bulk. I'd rather see him be capable of guarding the 3/4, then muscling up to guard true bulky PF's.

By way of example, I think GG would be more capable of guarding DE-like player this year. And that is more beneficial to the team.

I thought they were both 6'6".

I really liked GG last year with the chaos he created with his strength, the fear in the other teams eyes when he was banging, cleared the paint sometimes.

His progress as a player is noticeable. I, though, would not give so much credit for his improvement to his weight loss... I think his overall basketball fundamentals have improved, and that if he had his previous bulk he would be better for us (and him). He is not at all a finesse player even now... so he IMO took away from one of his strongest assets, maybe his # 1 tool. Debatable, again, and we will never know unless he gains it back next year.

OK, then answer this: would you have wanted Conklin to lose weight to get quicker?

(MB73 hasn't eaten a goddam sugar donut in 25 years, what are you guys crazy? One of the worst foods in the world for you. That sugar clearly has taken away some brain cells, some of the posts you make, whoa, WTF?)