Biedscheid Transferring from ND

Littlebill

Crews was on Cusamanos radio show this morning. They talked about transfers in general without mentioning any names. I have no idea if Crews has reached out or not to Biedscheid but find it interesting that Haith has made it known that he has reached out.

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Crews was on Cusamanos radio show this morning. They talked about transfers in general without mentioning any names. I have no idea if Crews has reached out or not to Biedscheid but find it interesting that Haith has made it known that he has reached out.

The staff is making it a huge priority to get Cam

at SLU. Hopefully we win the battle

As the expert you are on SLU hoops, surely you are not surprised that SLU doesn't feel the need to tell the local media about who they are or are not recruiting.

Troll,

I listened to the interview with Crews. You have no idea what you are talking about.

Man, a quick Twitter search and Mizzou fans are hyperventilating when anyone suggests SLU has a chance.

I guess first class facilities, one of the best collegiate players ever as an assistant, more NCAA wins recently, opportunity to be focal point on offense, and the reigning coach of the year qualifies as "nothing to offer."

I guess we will find out soon. Would be funny if he picked Mo State or Illinois.

Please fill me in

The troll indicated that "it seems Crews has done nothing." You couldn't draw that conclusion at all from the interview. A coach can not talk about a specific transfer. Cusumano was just asking Crews in a general sense about what he thought about the adding transfers and about the process of how/when you can contact a transfer. Crews made it clear he is open to adding transfers... why wouldn't he be, he added Ash this past summer.

The troll indicated that "it seems Crews has done nothing." You couldn't draw that conclusion at all from the interview. A coach can not talk about a specific transfer. Cusumano was just asking Crews in a general sense about what he thought about the adding transfers and about the process of how/when you can contact a transfer. Crews made it clear he is open to adding transfers... why wouldn't he be, he added Ash this past summer.

Thanks, just curious how the interview went

Man, a quick Twitter search and Mizzou fans are hyperventilating when anyone suggests SLU has a chance.

I guess first class facilities, one of the best collegiate players ever as an assistant, more NCAA wins recently, opportunity to be focal point on offense, and the reigning coach of the year qualifies as "nothing to offer."

I guess we will find out soon. Would be funny if he picked Mo State or Illinois.

Just wait for the hate tweets Cam and his dad will receive if he indeed chooses SLU

I hear people, including Cusumano, say Haith has had "success" with transfers. By what measure? He has certainly brought in a lot of them, but Haith has won as many NCAA Tournament games at Mizzou as I have.

I agree. Haith has had a lot of transfers, hence the term Transfer U, but its not like he's been successful with them. If you want a successful Transfer U program look at Oregon.

p.s. Alex Oriaki would have won as many NCAA tourney games playing for a UConn team that was disqualified from the tourney last year as he ended up winning at Mizzou :)

The success that he's had with transfers is that he he took over a team with only 3 underclassmen, only two that played and finished the season and brought in enough transfers that the team was able to stay at a NCAA tourney level. His 2nd team only had 1 returning player, but because of transfers they got in the tourney. He was put in an incredibly tough spot and has the program on solid footing and has balanced out the classes.

The success that he's had with transfers is that he he took over a team with only 3 underclassmen, only two that played and finished the season and brought in enough transfers that the team was able to stay at a NCAA tourney level. His 2nd team only had 1 returning player, but because of transfers they got in the tourney. He was put in an incredibly tough spot and has the program on solid footing and has balanced out the classes.

Must be nice to coach a team where one and done in the tournament is a "success"

Yes, Haith has done a good job taking advantage of transfers to keep his team at an acceptable level.

However, it is not as if Missouri has been a great landing spot for all those transfers. Sure, Clarkson is shining now. But Oriakhi, Bell, Ross and Brown have all flown pretty nationally under-the-radar after their arrival at Mizzou. None of them have had their NBA prospects enhanced by their Tiger experience, nor have any experienced much NCAA success.

Mizzou is Transfer U because Haith has shown a need/willingness to sustain his program on transfers rather than incoming recruits to this point. However, it doesn't seem to be like a healthy way to build any program. Nor has Mizzou showcased transfers in a manner that would make it the ideal landing spot for a guy like Biedscheid.

My gut tells me he will end up in Columbia. But man, I hope he ends up at SLU because I truly think that would work out fantastically for him in the long run.