Why is the 12/21 game against NC A&T an afternoon game?

RUBillsFan

What the heck is SLU thinking scheduling this game as a 3pm tip time on Saturday 12/21?

The Illinois - Missouri bragging rights game as a 4:30pm tip time on 12/21 and the Chaifetz Arena calendar of events does not show anything scheduled for that night. Even the Blues are in Edmonton that night, so there is no conflict there.

Normally, I would say screw it. SLU shouldn't organize their schedule around other teams, but it seems that a nighttime tip is more favorable than an afternoon tip. It would make way more sense to make this game a 7pm tip or 7:30pm tip, so that fans going to the braggin rights game could still attend and make a whole basketball day out of it.

The only thing I can think of is that the SLU women's team is scheduled to play at 12pm, so I assume SLU wants it to be a doubleheader. This is foolish. If SLU wants to keep the doubleheader, then they should just slide the women's game back to a 4pm tip.

Is there something that I am missing here?

Edit: Another reason that I can see is that the game will be broadcast on FSM and obviously would conflict with the Blues away game if it was at night. IMO this shouldn't really matter either. Just put it on FSM Plus instead of regular FSM.

What the heck is SLU thinking scheduling this game as a 3pm tip time on Saturday 12/21?

The Illinois - Missouri bragging rights game as a 4:30pm tip time on 12/21 and the Chaifetz Arena calendar of events does not show anything scheduled for that night. Even the Blues are in Edmonton that night, so there is no conflict there.

Normally, I would say screw it. SLU shouldn't organize their schedule around other teams, but it seems that a nighttime tip is more favorable than an afternoon tip. It would make way more sense to make this game a 7pm tip or 7:30pm tip, so that fans going to the braggin rights game could still attend and make a whole basketball day out of it.

The only thing I can think of is that the SLU women's team is scheduled to play at 12pm, so I assume SLU wants it to be a doubleheader. This is foolish. If SLU wants to keep the doubleheader, then they should just slide the women's game back to a 4pm tip.

Edit: Another reason that I can see is that the game will be broadcast on FSM and obviously would conflict with the Blues away game if it was at night. IMO this shouldn't really matter either. Just put it on FSM Plus instead of regular FSM.

Because Kshoe's office holiday party is that night and I asked them to accommodate my schedule.

I think a lot of people would have holiday parties scheduled for that night. Maybe a 12:30 start would have allowed people to do both games and get to their holiday party.

Normally TV schedules are the biggest reason for unusual game times. Ever play a game at 7:30 a.m, on a weekday for ESPN?

It's also the last Saturday before Christmas. You know what that means.

I HOPE THEY SCHEDULE MORE GAMES AT THE SAME TIME AS MIZZOU SO THE IMPARTIAL FANS WILL LEAVE

THE ONLY GAME WHERE BRAGGING RIGHTS ARE GIVEN STARTS AT 3 P.M.

Oh pick me pick me pick me!!!! I know why they scheduled it then !!!

Because they wanted to separate the BILLS fans from the hillbillies training for the post office!!!

please change your username to "trumantime" -

I honestly don't understand why it matters, Mizzou is not in our conference , that game has no affect on the Billikens,

I WOULD RATHER WATCH A DUQUESNE GAME THEN A MIZZOU GAME

I WOULD RATHER WATCH A ST.BONAVENTURE GAME THEN A MIZZOU GAME

I WOULD RATHER SNIFF A MOIST FRENCH ARMPIT THEN GO TO COLUMBIA

I HOPE THEY SCHEDULE MORE GAMES AT THE SAME TIME AS MIZZOU SO THE IMPARTIAL FANS WILL LEAVE

THE JESUITS DEVISING THEIR SCHEDULING PLANS IN JESUIT HALL DO NOT CATER TO MIZZOU FANS!!! I HOPE THEY DID it on purpose

While I do not think that we should normally worry about when the "braggin rights" game is in general, I do think if the game is on TV then what will happen is some watchers will switch over from us. Of course our game may be over by then or at least the score would indicate such so it may not make much difference. That game on Sat is always the Holiday Party.