2013-14 SLU BBall Road Trip Guide

RUBillsFan

Will be there for sure. Hoping the wife and 2 year-old can make it as well, but the 8pm start time does not make it easy. Probably will not make the reception. Probably will buy a ticket at the gate.

Any hotel recs? About to get on hotels.com

Team and reception is at the Marriott. Believe there is a special rate for bills fans at 149

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For people going to the Dayton game: did you get your tickets through SLU ($30 for seats and pregame reception) or through other sellers (UD, StubHub, etc)? Trying to figure out if the slightly more money to sit with SLU fans is worth it, given that the pregame reception is at 9:30.

If it was anything like the Vandy affair, it was very nice. The $30 included a buffet that had hamburgers, brats, barbecue and fried chicken. Included also 2 adult beverage drinks, plus the tickets, a bargain :)

What also was nice was meeting some of the other fellow alums. This was good group, during the game everyone yelled and cheered, so it was a lot of fun.

If it was anything like Vandy affair, it was very nice. The $30 included a buffet that included hamburgers, brats, barbecue and fried chicken. Included also 2 adult beverage drinks, plus the tickets, a bargain :)

What also was nice was meeting some of the other fellow alums. This was good group, during the game everyone yelled and cheered, so it was a lot of fun.

I've gone to a few of the receptions, and they're well done on SLU's end of things. Just trying to figure out if the 9:30 pregame would make it worthwhile.

I've gone to a few of the receptions, and they're well done on SLU's end of things. Just trying to figure out if the 9:30 pregame would make it worthwhile.

The 1st game in San Jose last year was in the morning. The pregame reception was very nice and included breakfast items.

Bump. Who's going to be at the Dayton game Saturday?

I'll be there (411, row P) with my wife's family. We're not going to the pregame reception and I can't linger too long after the game; a friend here had a secret wedding a week ago and is throwing a reception on Saturday afternoon.

I'll be there (411, row P) with my wife's family. We're not going to the pregame reception and I can't linger too long after the game; a friend here had a secret wedding a week ago and is throwing a reception on Saturday afternoon.

Still on the fence. Didnt realize its a 6hr drive from St. Louis

I'm going. Got tickets through SLU.

Saturday 1/11/14 11:00 am ET vs Dayton

Tickets (left available: upper sidelines 400s & 300s level $20, 200s level end $25)

StubHub (multiple sections $15 - $75)

Directions (5 hr 33 min)

Billikens.com members attending:

Sec ? - Taj79, Jbizzle09, SpencerFilibuster, thetorch, cgeldmacher + 12, bills10, b.hayes, since50'sbillsfan, DeSmetBilliken, Westy03(?),

Sec 411 - Pistol

Official Alumni Pre-Game Event at Courtyard (University of Dayton)

I'll be there among a throng of ~30 UD fans that I'll be sitting in the middle of. So, if you see someone in blue getting thrown out, please bring your bail money. I also won't be at the pre-game reception nor will I be sticking around after as I need to get back to Chicago after the game.

Bump.

Who is getting into Dayton and staying at the Marriot tonight? We will be at the hotel this evening and at the pregame reception.

(We cashed in our King Arthur rewards points from the Knights Inn.)

Pissed I'm missing this game. Even more pissed to find out that you won't be giving us a report for the local Knights Inn.

Anyone know if Fieldhouse is going to be open at 10?

Pissed I'm missing this game. Even more pissed to find out that you won't be giving us a report for the local Knights Inn.

Anyone know if Fieldhouse is going to be open at 10?

called yesterday and the guy said he would be there and that he would open it up if folks showed up to watch the game.

If anyone has a half a day to kill in Dayton you have to go check out the Air Force Museum at Wright-Paterson AFB. Probably the coolest museum I've ever been to. Tons of planes, rockets, bombs etc. They even have about 5 or 6 retired Air Force One's. Wear your walking shoes.

If anyone has a half a day to kill in Dayton you have to go check out the Air Force Museum at Wright-Paterson AFB. Probably the coolest museum I've ever been to. Tons of planes, rockets, bombs etc. They even have about 5 or 6 retired Air Force One's. Wear your walking shoes.

Great museum. If it was open after 5 pm, I'd be going there today, but it just doesn't work out time wise.

I'll be at the pregame and the game in the SLU section, but not at the Marriott.

• 2 weeks later...