NCAA Tourney

Are GG and John Manning the first Billikens to have the chance to go to the NCAA's all four years?

Every Billiken has the chance to go to the NCAA Tournament all four years. It's a matter of actually making it happen that's the real question.

No one has played in 3 NCAAs in a Billikens uniform. Only a few have been in the postseason 3 times, no one has done that 4 times. I believe only AB and Kwamain have been to three postseason tourneys since the 60s.

No one has played in 3 NCAAs in a Billikens uniform. Only a few have been in the postseason 3 times, no one has done that 4 times. I believe only AB and Kwamain have been to three postseason tourneys since the 60s.

Cody and Cory would be apart of that group as well. The CBE was in their Freshman year.

Are GG and John Manning the first Billikens to have the chance to go to the NCAA's all four years?

Additionally, there is a very good possibility that GG and Manning become the winningest Billikens ever. That is the team had the most wins during their 4 year careers than any other player(s) careers. I'm not certain where to find the records on this, but I believe the ones at the top are mostly recent players:

1. Kwamain - 95 w a year off

2. Cory/Cody - 89 (unsure if Cody counts since he wasn't with the team 1st half of his freshman year, but I believe he was on the roster the whole year, so we'll count him same as Kwamain coming back from injury this past year)

3. DE/RL/JJ/MM - 66 + this coming year

FYI: Bonner - 87, Clags/Highmark - 66 (very bad their freshman/soph years)

GG and Manning are currently at 54 meaning the team would need to average 21 to pass Kwamain for most all-time or 18 to pass Cory/Cody for most in 4 consecutive years.

Additionally, there is a very good possibility that GG and Manning become the winningest Billikens ever. That is the team had the most wins during their 4 year careers than any other player(s) careers. I'm not certain where to find the records on this, but I believe the ones at the top are mostly recent players:

2. Cory/Cody - 89 (unsure if Cody counts since he wasn't with the team 1st half of his freshman year, but I believe he was on the roster the whole year, so we'll count him same as Kwamain coming back from injury this past year)

GG and Manning are currently at 54 meaning the team would need to average 21 to pass Kwamain for most all-time or 18 to pass Cory/Cody for most in 4 consecutive years.

So much achievement for doing so little

-more games are played now, if doing this sort of analysis would winning percentage be a better gauge?

-neither of which measure what players contributed what to the wins, but it is a team sport

-more games are played now, if doing this sort of analysis would winning percentage be a better gauge?

-neither of which measure what players contributed what to the wins, but it is a team sport

Is it fair to compare bonners numbers when he played in the mcc and made deep nit runs to teams that played in CUSA or the a-10 and made the NCAA tourney?

All you can do is list the total number of wins per person, kshoe. I don't know how one could weight one opponet/league/scheudle that would make things balance out. One could never balance out, say, playing DePaul ---- DePaul of Ray Meyer or DePaul of Ollie Purnell, etc? Wins are wins .... nothing more, nothing less. Thi sis the apples/oranges stuff --- it's like asking if the first dream team would beat last year's Olympic basketball team. I sjordan better than LeBron. Or is Wilt the best? I think you'd go nuts trying to figure all things out but some will try.

All you can do is list the total number of wins per person, kshoe. I don't know how one could weight one opponet/league/scheudle that would make things balance out. One could never balance out, say, playing DePaul ---- DePaul of Ray Meyer or DePaul of Ollie Purnell, etc? Wins are wins .... nothing more, nothing less. Thi sis the apples/oranges stuff --- it's like asking if the first dream team would beat last year's Olympic basketball team. I sjordan better than LeBron. Or is Wilt the best? I think you'd go nuts trying to figure all things out but some will try.

Exactly, the winningest Billikens of all time doesn't really mean anything because of the various factors listed above. It is just an interesting bit of trivia.

What about the walk on players? Any of them been on the team for the last two years and have the chance to make it to 4 NCAA trips?

I do not believe last years walk-ons (LePak and Duff) were on the team for the 2011-12 season. LePak was listed as a freshman last year and is now listed as a sophomore. I think Duff transferred to SLU and possibly only walked on his senior year.

I was responding to cowboys post that winning percentage was a better metric. As I re-read my post I see how it could have been misinterpreted but I agree that wins are the wins and that is all that matters.

Looking forward to the day when we can crown manning and glaze as the most successful billikens ever based on total wins and post season appearances...

Is it fair to compare bonners numbers when he played in the mcc and made deep nit runs to teams that played in CUSA or the a-10 and made the NCAA tourney?

-I am not making the comparison rather saying what I think would impact any such 'most wins' look

I was responding to cowboys post that winning percentage was a better metric. As I re-read my post I see how it could have been misinterpreted but I agree that wins are the wins and that is all that matters.

Looking forward to the day when we can crown manning and glaze as the most successful billikens ever based on total wins and post season appearances...

-I didn't say that winning percentage was a better metric, I asked if doing this sort of analysis if winning percentage was a metric to account for the difference in the number of games played, in other words something to consider

-I agree with RUBills who said this doesn't really matter and is trivial

@kshoe --- Manning and Glaze will certainly be the first to be presented with such an opportunity. I'm pretty convinced this year is closer to a lock than not. Next year? Well, that's a stickier wicket.