Crawford Article

kshoe

Taj Mahal 79's posts should at least be factored up by a multiple of 3. It takes 3 times as long to read them than the average post.

Some tips for new posters:

Kshoe will torch you for any post he considers non factual or inane.

Broy will go pit bull on you if you ever suggest the Bills do anything unethical because every other team in D1 ball does it. And while he wants a winner, he'll live w/mediocrity if the HC is on his way to Sainthood.

Skip will slice up a stupid poster in such a way that he won't even know he's been cut until he sees his blood on the floor.

Jimbo will video fouck stupid posters.

Box and one will simply post a sigh.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6'5" with shoes or barefooted?

6'4 1/2 without shoes.

just curious devils15, We've heard a lot of praise from you, which is understandable considering you are close to Mike, but I haven't heard any criticisms yet. I'm wondering what i you think his biggest areas for improvement are. and of course all the info you've already supplied is great

It's hard for me to find criticism because he does everything at least pretty well. There's always room for improvement though. Like I said defensively he will need to continue to improve guarding on the ball but I have no doubt he will be fine. He just told me he went through a combine sort of thing and his max vertical was 43 inches and he benched 185 15 times. Not sure what the difference between a max vertical and a regular is but 43 is pretty good.

6'4 1/2 without shoes.

It's hard for me to find criticism because he does everything at least pretty well. There's always room for improvement though. Like I said defensively he will need to continue to improve guarding on the ball but I have no doubt he will be fine. He just told me he went through a combine sort of thing and his max vertical was 43 inches and he benched 185 15 times. Not sure what the difference between a max vertical and a regular is but 43 is pretty good.

Not saying that can't be right, but the top max vert at the NBA draft combine this spring and 2nd best in combine history was recorded by Shane Larkin and was 44 inches. 43 would have been top last year by an inch and half and would have been higher than guys with great leaping ability like Victor Oladipo (42 inches) and Ben McLemore (42 inches). Is this kid a tremendous athlete?

Not saying that can't be right, but the top max vert at the NBA draft combine this spring and 2nd best in combine history was recorded by Shane Larkin and was 44 inches. 43 would have been top last year by an inch and half and would have been higher than guys with great leaping ability like Victor Oladipo (42 inches) and Ben McLemore (42 inches). Is this kid a tremendous athlete?

Could the difference be explained by a stand and jump vertical compared to a running vertical?

Last I checked, Crawford was white so he can't have a great vertical :)

Could the difference be explained by a stand and jump vertical compared to a running vertical?

Last I checked, Crawford was white so he can't have a great vertical :)

That's what I thought, however Derrick Rose's pre-draft measurements were 34.5" no-step vertical and 40" max vertical. 43" would be pretty outstanding. If he can get up anywhere near the #2 dunk in the following link, he would be a terror.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqFwcYX-an4

6'4 1/2 without shoes.

Devils15, welcome to the board. I've enjoyed your reports and although I take everything personal acquaintances say with a grain of salt I have to admit your posts are exciting.

A word of warning though: over the years we've had many relatives/friends post on this board and unless they are very thick skinned eventually it ends poorly as some posters will have overly negative criticisms, etc. Please don't allow the negativity of a select few to overshadow the experience on billikens.com

Devils15, welcome to the board. I've enjoyed your reports and although I take everything personal acquaintances say with a grain of salt I have to admit your posts are exciting.

A word of warning though: over the years we've had many relatives/friends post on this board and unless they are very thick skinned eventually it ends poorly as some posters will have overly negative criticisms, etc. Please don't allow the negativity of a select few to overshadow the experience on billikens.com

I don't worry about what people say. If he doesn't play a lot this year it will be because SLU is loaded with good experienced players at his position and not because he isn't good enough. I still say he makes an impact this year and then takes off next year as a starter.

Max vertical is different than a standing vertical. The combine numbers are standing or 1 step vertical.

The measurements I gave were for max vertical and not standing vertical, the NBA Combine measures both. 43 is crazy. Is this kid known as a tremendous leaper? Seeing as the kid is white, if he has a 40+ inch vertical, we have a star on our hands.

The measurements I gave were for max vertical and not standing vertical, the NBA Combine measures both. 43 is crazy. Is this kid known as a tremendous leaper? Seeing as the kid is white, if he has a 40+ inch vertical, we have a star on our hands.

Sticking with our ability to only compare Crawford to past white billikens I believe he will be a hybrid of lisch (shooting and defense), highmark (mid range and finishing) and Sloan (vertical, block of Channing frye being evidence). He will be the perfect player.

I think there was a kid or two on my football team in high school that was right around 42-43 inches.

I think there was a kid or two on my football team in high school that was right around 42-43 inches.

Based on our poster Devils15, Mike is 6'5", (77"). If he reaches his arms straight up over his head, his fingertips should reach at least 30% higher than his height., which puts his standing vertical reach at an even 100". With an added 43" of vertical on top of that, he's looking at a max reach of 11'11" at the peak of his jump. Sounds awesome to me.

Based on our poster Devils15, Mike is 6'5", (77"). If he reaches his arms straight up over his head, his fingertips should reach at least 30% higher than his height., which puts his standing vertical reach at an even 100". With an added 43" of vertical on top of that, he's looking at a max reach of 11'11" at the peak of his jump. Sounds awesome to me.

This post reminds me of the Harlem Globetrotter stunt where they bring out an adjustable backboard and see how high the rim can be and the guy can still dunk. Maybe Crawford has a future as a Harlem Globetrotter.

43 inches? I will believe it when I see it! Nothing on his highlight reels or game film shows that kinda freakish ups. He can get up though for 6ft 4in but I will hold my judgment till the jump ball in November. Are you saying he can outjump Derrick Rose? Would be a surprise if it were true.