Recruiting 2015

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's taken other unofficials to Oklahoma, Kansas State, and Mizzou.

Picked up recent interest for Kansas and UNC. I'm gonna let this play out a little more before making Roby comparisons, personally. But obviously good news that he's visiting.

Picked up recent interest for Kansas and UNC. I'm gonna let this play out a little more before making Roby comparisons, personally. But obviously good news that he's visiting.

The only comparison was the sudden visit. The rest was me just being hopeful.

It's fun to dream, right?

Not as exciting a name as Jimmy Whitt, but here is an article that says SLU has shown interest in 2015 PG Malik Maitland.

http://www.news-journalonline.com/article/20140603/SPORTS/140609891/1001?Title=Recruiting-Trail-Lopez-s-Maitland-claims-offers-from-B-CU-ERAU

Not a very impressive list of offers for Malik, but his ESPN recruiting page shows interest from some big names.

Jimmy Whitt is a name I mentioned a while back and Ben and others seemed to think that we were not in on him at that time. From what I remember, he and his family have a previous relationship with Mike Anderson and Melvin Watkins at Arkansas from their time at Mizzou and that he is friends with walk-on Manuale Watkins, Melvin's son, making them an early favorite. However, it seems like he has really blown up this spring and is receiving interest from more elite programs like Kansas and UNC.

I am happy to hear we are involved with Whitt as he appears to be a big time talent and it would be nice to sign some of the top talent locally/in the state. It does not seem like he is close to making a decision (although I would be fine if he surprises us), but it is nice to get a visit and hopefully we can find a place as he starts to narrow his list later in the summer.

I'll be disappointed if we don't land a top 5 recruit in the next two years.

Agreed. I won't blame the staff if we don't land that top 5 recruit, but I will be disappointed nonetheless.

I would like to see us win a few recruiting battles against high major programs. It seemed like we lost those battles this past year at least for our initial targets. With our recent success, recent success of the league, and improved facilities we should have a lot to sell.

Now is the time to strike as we have serious momentum coming off the back-to-back-to-back tourney appearances.

We may not have the same momentum this time next year let's pick up a big commitment or two this summer.

Now is the time to strike as we have serious momentum coming off the back-to-back-to-back tourney appearances.

We may not have the same momentum this time next year let's pick up a big commitment or two this summer.

These are heady times. I agree with everything you just said.

Recruiting the top 50 would still be easier if we were in the Beast, but why stress over thing you can't change? I'd be selling our budding rivalry w/ VCU, our kind of regional rivalry w/ UD, and that we're trying to put WSU on the annual schedule (which we should be doing). I'm also hoping we're trying to schedule Indiana and other Big 10 teams. And get those Zaga games back. If we can't be in the Beast, we ought to be doing everything schedule wise to show recruits we're just as major as them. I know scheduling's not easy for us, but we at least ought to be able to manage a couple of non con games against the name mid majors.