Recruiting - 2016

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll say that I now feel pretty confident that Tatum will be a Blue Devil. I was wrong yesterday but this is a local, trusted source.

I'm sure many on the board appreciate hearing anything that could be news on the subject, but at this point the facts will be coming from the horse's mouth in 90 minutes or so. I'll happily wait for that over any more unnamed sources.

I'm sure many on the board appreciate hearing anything that could be news on the subject, but at this point the facts will be coming from the horse's mouth in 90 minutes or so. I'll happily wait for that over any more unnamed sources.

Fair enough. Hope I'm wrong anyway.

This is interesting, though. Having Tatum make his decision after his game assumed that they'd finish on time. Would they preempt their next programming for it? It's not a game or anything. Could they make him move it up to half or pregame?

Not that ESPNU has the most important summer programming, but still - it's bleeding into someone else's advertising dollars.

Or before/during/after the championship game later today.

Or that he's making it so quickly after spending 3 weeks with Giles overseas.

Or that Duke just won the National Title

Or that Coach K is a HOF.

Or that SLU just had a losing record last year.

Nothing really bodes well. That's why if it actually happens it will be the sweetest of days.

My reply was to my own post, not ARon's. I was just speculating how the delay would affect the decision timing.

I obviously agree with ARon. Nothing bodes well for us about this.

This is interesting, though. Having Tatum make his decision after his game assumed that they'd finish on time. Would they preempt their next programming for it? It's not a game or anything. Could they make him move it up to half or pregame?

Not that ESPNU has the most important summer programming, but still - it's bleeding into someone else's advertising dollars.

Their follow-up programming is just a taped highschool game from January. I'm sure they are fine if the live programming runs long.

Regarding the timing:

I think the plan all along was to announce at the peach jam IF the Eagles made the semi-finals. That's why everyone was so coy on the timing. If they had lost yesterday he probably doesn't make the announcement today.