Time to clean up the posts

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what happens when you have prudes starting idiotic topics like this.

Really appreciate that 21st century tolerance and understanding that the younger generations criticize older generations for not having...

Typical

I thought it was pretty hilarious you calling someone out earlier in this thread for misrepresenting what people are saying, given your "you're basically saying Biondi has never done any good and if he does that doesn't fit your narrative" style of debate in some of the Biondi threads.

Oh, and also when you called someone an unfunny moron. But I think I covered that one.

I thought it was pretty hilarious you calling someone out earlier in this thread for misrepresenting what people are saying, given your "you're basically saying Biondi has never done any good and if he does that doesn't fit your narrative" style of debate in some of the Biondi threads.

Oh, and also when you called someone an unfunny moron. But I think I covered that one.

???

Incoherent much? God, it scares me that you may be representing people in a court of law someday.

However, you are quite adept at monitoring my posts so at least you have that going for you. That said, there are treatments for obsessive disorders.

???

Incoherent much? God, it scares me that you may be representing people in a court of law someday.

However, you are quite adept at monitoring my posts so at least you have that going for you. That said, there are treatments for obsessive disorders.

I would assess that you are the one with the disorder, though not an obsessive disorder. Let's not get specific on that but I think I should start you on citalopram 10mg; low cost generic, should do the trick. Get back to me in 4 weeks.

I would assess that you are the one with the disorder, though not an obsessive disorder. Let's not get specific on that but I think I should start you on citalopram 10mg; low cost generic, should do the trick. Get back to me in 4 weeks.

I was thinking more along the lines of a lobotomy, especially if I get to perform it

More generally I think the larger question is how to handle two audiences. Probably since the Soderberg era, the average age of posters has likely only declined. I think with Majerus, and the program becoming a little more prominent, a younger audience joined.

This younger audience approaches Billikens.com differently than the older one, and with this, I think some of the older audience has left (or at least stopped posting but keeps reading). I know I have received some grumbles offline from some of the more old-time posters about some of the younger ones. But how to balance this is tricky since each brings something to the site. For example in terms of recruiting, think of Pistols' recent efforts scouring the twitterverse as a new version of tseugnekillib. And I will admit, I personally love Jimbos posts but agree too many people trying to be Jimbo like. It can be amusing in doses, but not throughout.

Regarding censorship, yes any moderation is censorship. But I think I leave a fair amount of slack on the leash - perhaps too much - and don't see it as too much of a request to try to discourage language on the forum that you would not say even casually to a stranger sitting next to you at Chaifetz.

Well said Steve. I added the underlining.

Pictures are the NOT the problem though a spoiler tag would be good for office/work situations. It is the comments after comments which often turn quite vulgar. Just tone them down and don't put Steve and the Board in this situation. Self restraint is much better than censorship. Sorry, but the amusement is only funny in smaller doses. After awhile, it just becomes juvenile and annoying.

Well said Steve. I added the underlining.

Pictures are the NOT the problem though a spoiler tag would be good for office/work situations. It is the comments after comments which often turn quite vulgar. Just tone them down and don't put Steve and the Board in this situation. Self restraint is much better than censorship. Sorry, but the amusement is only funny in smaller doses. After awhile, it just becomes juvenile and annoying.

These are my two cents. If you think this board contains very foul language, you should join the service, any branch, and find out what foul language is all about. Our freedom of language is something we should all treasure, this a right we all have. Some people (including many really solid and fine people I met in the service long ago) really have a problem expressing themselves without foul language. Some of them, I firmly believe, may lack the ability to communicate in any other way. This does not make them less worthy as people, as human beings. or as friends.

Please note that I do not think anyone in this board is incapable of communicating without foul language.

I am not young, but I am not easily offended by language. I have daughters but they are in control of their own lives and doing very well. I am not afraid or concerned about them. We all have to deal with whatever life give us, and I have full confidence they will handle whatever comes to them in an appropriate manner.

Off topic separate board is the best idea. I think politics shouldn't be banned from that. In general this board is full of people interested in the st louis and Missouri region. More specifically midtown. If there's a relevant political discussion to be had an off topic board wouldn't be a terrible place to discuss. Obviously up to Steve about how difficult that would be to moderate so I'd defer to him.but that's my 2 cents

For the most part political talk went along quite well for a while, until about a year or two into the Iraq War... then the calls to ban political talk picked up.You gotta remember this was a pretty dull time in Billiken history, so I think people tended to go on more tangents than they do now. I never had a problem with allowing political talk, but I also don't miss it that it is gone for the most part. My only issue now is occasionally you will see the hypocrisy from some folks who have crusaded against political speech, but will then turn around and slip in their own political comments from time to time. They're trying to have it both ways. Fortunately, there is plenty of real Billiken basketball news these days to keep us entertained. In a lot of ways, the board is much better than it used to be. We also had a period of when trolls would contantly try to hijack threads and be disruptive. Fortunately, they have been rooted out. The board does a good job of policiing itself and in a lot of ways has never been better.

The funny part is that the board has been quite peaceful up until this thread. I think it is about time we land a recruit, so we can talk about that.

Husak. Alright. So tell me how to take you post other than you calling me an insulting slur? Is this your attempt at humor? Do you think that if you post a clip of someone else saying this they don't become your words?

Other posters suggest that each individual poster should be held accountable for what they write instead of blanket censoring of the entire Board at large. If that is the preferred method, then an apology and ban is in order. Moderators, go to it.

As a disclaimer, I am over the age of 30 and therefore, to all those younger than 30, please let me know if Husak's post is an example of your younger/generational humor. Instead, I take it as a failed and juvenile attempt at humor from homophobe made from the anonymous security of his computer screen.

Husak, if you are serious, then show yourself and you'll soon be holding your eye.

Husak. Alright. So tell me how to take you post other than you calling me an insulting slur? Is this your attempt at humor? Do you think that if you post a clip of someone else saying this they don't become your words?

Other posters suggest that each individual poster should be held accountable for what they write instead of blanket censoring of the entire Board at large. If that is the preferred method, then an apology and ban is in order. Moderators, go to it.

As a disclaimer, I am over the age of 30 and therefore, to all those younger than 30, please let me know if Husak's post is an example of your younger/generational humor. Instead, I take it as a failed and juvenile attempt at humor from homophobe made from the anonymous security of his computer screen.

Husak, if you are serious, then show yourself and you'll soon be holding your eye.

You clearly know how to have a good time.

My advice to you: lighten up. This is an internet message board!

And if you would like to take things literally then fine by me...you're the one who just threatened assault, dumba$$