Recruiting - 2014

He's new to the list for all of us. He visited very recently. The kid had offers from the whole SEC and Memphis, Wake Forest, and more. This was a quick turnaround.

The main thing that you need to know is that he's a 6-4, 200-lb PG. He feeds a 5-star PF who has offers from Indiana, Kentucky, and everyone else. The tape is impressive and I have no doubt that he will be an immediate contributor in the wake of this 5-man senior class. I'm not sure how he popped up and committed so quickly, but you should be excited, not dissapointed that you didn't know his name yesterday.

i am happy about this first for 2014 and a big one in a much needed Guard.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's new to the list for all of us. He visited very recently. The kid had offers from the whole SEC and Memphis, Wake Forest, and more. This was a quick turnaround.

The main thing that you need to know is that he's a 6-4, 200-lb PG. He feeds a 5-star PF who has offers from Indiana, Kentucky, and everyone else. The tape is impressive and I have no doubt that he will be an immediate contributor in the wake of this 5-man senior class. I'm not sure how he popped up and committed so quickly, but you should be excited, not dissapointed that you didn't know his name yesterday.

to add Slu 1 Mizzou 0 in the battle of 2014 players considering Slu and mizzou

I'm not sure how he popped up and committed so quickly, but you should be excited, not dissapointed that you didn't know his name yesterday.

Based on the timeline it seems like Roby just fell in love with SLU upon visiting. I don't think we get a commit like this if Roby was touring West Pine Gym instead of Chaifetz.

Transfer U got another one today (a Louisville castoff averaging less than 2 points per game) and are down to one 2014 scholly left so I doubt they were still recruiting roby hard these days.

Still, it doesn't take away from how awesome this is.

I love it.

Based on the timeline it seems like Roby just fell in love with SLU upon visiting. I don't think we get a commit like this if Roby was touring West Pine Gym instead of Chaifetz.

This could not be more true. The WPG was the death knell of many a recruiting visit.

Transfer U got another one today (a Louisville castoff averaging less than 2 points per game) and are down to one 2014 scholly left so I doubt they were still recruiting roby hard these days.

Still, it doesn't take away from how awesome this is.

Exciting to see the success Crews and staff has had recruiting.

I think Mizzou's top priority for 2014 has been 5 star shooting guard Devin Booker, son of Melvin, although it seems unlikely they can beat out Duke, Kentucky, and Michigan regardless of his father. With Booker being the priority and them getting a commitment from a 4 star guard from Cali earlier this weekend I don't think Roby was an option for Mizzou. Maybe at one point offered as a package deal with Black. Don't understand why they would dip back in the transfer pool with this bench guy from Louisville.

New hawtness on J.P. Macura... reminds me of Jeff Reid. Because he's tall and white. Maybe not quite as athletic. I think SLU has him in the bag, being that he's white. I like his game, smooth moves, good passer. Seems to have a quick release as well.

New hawtness on J.P. Macura... reminds me of Jeff Reid. Because he's tall and white. Maybe not quite as athletic. I think SLU has him in the bag, being that he's white. I like his game, smooth moves, good passer. Seems to have a quick release as well.

Would love to land this kid. Macura and Roby seem like the perfect complements to each other in the backcourt...and by that I mean one of them is a black dude named Davell from memphis and the other is a white guy named JP from minnesota. Maybe when they are done playing they could film an interracial-buddy cop movie called "Macura and Roby."

Would love to land this kid. Macura and Roby seem like the perfect complements to each other in the backcourt...and by that I mean one of them is a black dude named Davell from memphis and the other is a white guy named JP from minnesota. Maybe when they are done playing they could film an interracial-buddy cop movie called "Macura and Roby."

Why did you list the white guy first?

Roby is committed and Macura isn't, yet you still list the white guy ahead of the black guy. Just seems a bit racist to me.

Why did you list the white guy first?

Roby is committed and Macura isn't, yet you still list the white guy ahead of the black guy. Just seems a bit racist to me.

How about we just cram 'er straight in the 2 hole, all the way to the balls, and address the elephant in the room???

Why does everyone just accept that every post on this board is comprised of little BLACK letters, plopped on top of a huge, pasty WHITE background???

THAT seems a bit racist to me.

How about we just cram 'er straight in the 2 hole, all the way to the balls, and address the elephant in the room???

Why does everyone just accept that every post on this board is comprised of little BLACK letters, plopped on top of a huge, pasty WHITE background???

THAT seems a bit racist to me.

Actually, they look like dark blue letters on a light blue background, to me. I refute your claim of racism, sir!

Actually, they look like dark blue letters on a light blue background, to me. I refute your claim of racism, sir!

regardless, it's blatantly obvious that letters of color are now allowed to walk all over the white background, because of some perceived injustice long ago, in which white letters flourished against a colored background. ;)

tandy-1000hx.png

regardless, it's blatantly obvious that letters of color are now allowed to walk all over the white background, because of some perceived injustice long ago, in which white letters flourished against a colored background. ;)

tandy-1000hx.png

Jimbo, what about the days of monochrome green letters?

Reading this I can only think and wish we were more like the Army in this regard, there is no black and no white, only green. The only thing that has intrinsic value is whether the person in question is a good person or not. I did learn a lot in the Army, it was a very good experience for me.

Has anyone heard anything concerning the recruitment of CBC senior Jordan Barnett and where we stand with him?

I saw his high school teammate Patrick McCaw has increased his profile this summer playing with a team out of Chicago and was rated in the ESPN Top 100 at #87 (Barnett is at #86 in the same rankings). Is there any interest in him from the Billikens? His top offers appear to be from Okhlahoma State and Virginia Tech.

Has anyone heard anything concerning the recruitment of CBC senior Jordan Barnett and where we stand with him?

I saw his high school teammate Patrick McCaw has increased his profile this summer playing with a team out of Chicago and was rated in the ESPN Top 100 at #87 (Barnett is at #86 in the same rankings). Is there any interest in him from the Billikens? His top offers appear to be from Okhlahoma State and Virginia Tech.

no clue, for some reason ive never really been high on him. I heard hes a bad teamate. alex floresca from Webster is starting to get attention. 6'7 can shoot

no clue, for some reason ive never really been high on him. I heard hes a bad teamate. alex floresca from Webster is starting to get attention. 6'7 can shoot

Floresca will not play at this level. Unless Jay can keep Courtney coming through the pipeline, we won't be looking at the Webster pipeline anytime soon.

I've seen McCaw play a handful of times and have never been blown away. But he has good size and a high ceiling.

I've seen McCaw play a handful of times and have never been blown away. But he has good size and a high ceiling.

I saw CBC play at Chaminade this past winter and McCaw probably was the best player for CBC that night, but he was also bombing 3s early in the game. He definitely has a ton of length and was real disruptive defensively getting steals and forcing TOs in addition to hitting the 3. He also seemed to play with some cockiness. I thought CBC kind of backed down after they got a nice lead and Chaminade started to battle them which is surprising given that CBC was mostly upperclassmen and Chaminade had a lot of youth on the court. I came away questioning how Doby was a high level recruit. Jayson Tatum was definitely the best player on the court that night. Barnett was more comfortable on the perimeter shooting 3s and did not attack the paint as much as I expected given his size and the overall youth of Chaminade in the post. Granted he did hit a number of 3s, but he had a distinct size and athleticism advantage that he could not take advantage of. I had heard that their coaches had a real tough time getting consistent effort from their kids especially in practice (even getting them to show up at times) which is kind of pathetic considering the experience and success of McCormack. Those are my thoughts based on one game, so I really have not gone and seen the kids play.

I saw CBC play at Chaminade this past winter and McCaw probably was the best player for CBC that night, but he was also bombing 3s early in the game. He definitely has a ton of length and was real disruptive defensively getting steals and forcing TOs in addition to hitting the 3. He also seemed to play with some cockiness. I thought CBC kind of backed down after they got a nice lead and Chaminade started to battle them which is surprising given that CBC was mostly upperclassmen and Chaminade had a lot of youth on the court. I came away questioning how Doby was a high level recruit. Jayson Tatum was definitely the best player on the court that night. Barnett was more comfortable on the perimeter shooting 3s and did not attack the paint as much as I expected given his size and the overall youth of Chaminade in the post. Granted he did hit a number of 3s, but he had a distinct size and athleticism advantage that he could not take advantage of. I had heard that their coaches had a real tough time getting consistent effort from their kids especially in practice (even getting them to show up at times) which is kind of pathetic considering the experience and success of McCormack. Those are my thoughts based on one game, so I really have not gone and seen the kids play.

Appreciate the observations. I can promise you this much...they will play hard for Tatum in practice. I've never seen a coach instill as much fear in a high school kid during practice as him.

Appreciate the observations. I can promise you this much...they will play hard for Tatum in practice. I've never seen a coach instill as much fear in a high school kid during practice as him.

I am interested to see how Tatum does as a coach. I was a freshman at SLU working for Coach Romar when Tatum was asked to move along. He was a team cancer and it was tough to find a good quality in the guy. Apparently he has really matured.