Recruiting - 2014

Good. Keep that profile low.

Well, as low as possible for a 6-11, 240-lb. African kid in the Midwest.

interesting that only barnett and austin average over half the game in minutes per game. everyone gets their chance.

Yeah, they really spread it out. That's how it should be; give everyone their chance to get looks.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Recent highlight video of him....

I like young Mr. Patterson. Looks like he may be a very good get. There will be others if Randy O doesn't commit to SLU. Maybe he should talk to Reggie A as to why he never visited TTU even though he had an offer from them. Second worse team in Big 12 last season that lost its best player who transferred to LSU. Don't see much success in Lubbock anytime soon.

Recent highlight video of him....

i wonder if they could have produced that in a more annoying fashion. seriously, fuok that video. music sucks. angles suck. slow-mo sucks. snapshots suck. green shoes suck. etc. that video sucks.

Prentiss Nixon is a class of 15 PG that is apparently visiting soon and attending camp here. All according to Evan Daniels.

Nice.

• Prentiss Nixon, 6′-1″, 2015, PG, Boilingbrook (IL)/Illinois Wolves 16

Apparently also visiting Michigan this weekend. So that's at least 7 or 8 PGs the staff is actively recruiting.

Nice.

• Prentiss Nixon, 6′-1″, 2015, PG, Boilingbrook (IL)/Illinois Wolves 16

Apparently also visiting Michigan this weekend. So that's at least 7 or 8 PGs the staff is actively recruiting.

the DE connection?

Saw a tweet with a link to this article

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1511409&.tsrc=metrorss

Thomas Welsh - 6'11"-7' big man who plays in the post. Mentions a SLU offer among others....

Tall, thin as a 12 year old's diok. Interest/offers from the entire west coast, though, it seems. Anybody that Gonzaga wants, I want.

I wonder where all the 6'10" 240 lb high school guys are. Most are probably good enough to tell us to piss up a rope. Ho well.

Updated list. I added Welsh and took off Waterman, who I still haven't seen confirmed as having interest from SLU.

2014 Offer List:

Ore Arogundade: St. Viator, Arlington Heights, IL - SG: 6-3, 180. Offers: SLU, Creighton, SIUC, Murray State, Drake, Santa Clara, Loyola-Chicago, San Jose State, Wright State, Toledo, Northern Illinois, San Francisco, Utah State. Interest: DePaul, Xavier, Temple, LaSalle, Texas Tech, Wichita State, Missouri State, Oregon State. Latest (6/15): Arogundade vistied Drake and SLU. Previous: Arogundade said Murray State, St. Louis, Santa Clara, and Drake are strong right now. Texas Tech, Xavier, Temple and LaSalle are also looking. Twitter: @OreAro_23

Darius Austin: Cahokia HS, Cahokia, IL - SF: 6-6, 200. Offers: SLU, DePaul, UMKC. Interest: Illinois, Mizzou, Michigan, Xavier, Cincinnati, Iowa, Tennessee. Twitter: @DariusAustin23

Larry Austin, Jr.: Lanphier, Springfield, IL - PG: 6-1, 165. Offers: SLU, Mizzou, Illinois, DePaul, Memphis, Kansas State, Oklahoma State, Wake Forest, Iowa, Florida State, Bradley, SMU, Wisconsin-Milwaukee. Interest: Butler, Ohio State, Tennessee, Stanford, Harvard. Latest (6/5): Austin says that out of all the schools on his offer list, Oklahoma State is probably the one recruiting him the hardest. Twitter: @_LarryAustin2_

Jordan Barnett: CBC, St. Louis, MO - SF: 6-7, 185. Offers: SLU, Mizzou, Butler, Purdue, Florida, Michigan State, Kansas State, Oklahoma State, Iowa, Iowa State, Stanford, Harvard. Interest: UNC, SIUC. Latest (5/22): Barnett mentioned that UNC had shown interest and been in contact several times. On 5/22, UNC got a commitment from 5-star SF Theo Pinson, which may lead them to back off Barnett. Previous: SLU and St. Louis Eagles alum Larry Hughes spoke to Barnett's Eagles team after a loss in Dallas on 5/16. Twitter: @JBounce33

Malek Harris: Carl Sandburg, Orland Park, IL - SF: 6-7, 200. Offers: SLU, Marquette, Creighton, DePaul, Mizzou, Iowa, Kansas State, Oklahoma State, Auburn, Oregon State, Illinois State, Miami-Ohio, Norfolk State. Interest: Illinois, Indiana, Louisville, Purdue, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Miami, Notre Dame, Vanderbilt, Dayton, Providence, Loyola-Chicago, Ball State, UC-Irvine. Latest (6/12): Harris received offers from Mizzou and Oklahoma State. Previous: Harris is starting to blow up. Twitter: @24_MoneyTeam_10

J.P. Macura: Lakeville North, Lakeville, MN - SG: 6-5, 185. Offers: SLU, Creighton, Dayton, Kansas State, Drake, North Dakota, North Dakota State, Northern Colorado, Vermont, South Dakota, South Dakota State, New Mexico State, Utah State, Toledo, Wyoming, Wisconsin-Milwaukee. Interest: Indiana, Wisconsin, Florida State, Iowa, Iowa State, Minnesota, NC State, Boston College, Providence, Nebraska-Omaha. Latest (5/21): After a number of offers from smaller schools (he must have played in tournaments all over the Great Plains based on his offer list), Macura has had a couple huge AAU tournaments (including the recent adidas VIP Exclusive Run) and is hitting the radar of Big Ten, Big 12, and ACC schools. He has shown a high-level 3-point shooting ability. Twitter: @jpmacura

Logan McLane: Greenfield School, Wilson, NC - PF: 6-8, 210. Offers: SLU, Seton Hall, Miami-Ohio, UNC-Asheville, UNC-Greensboro, Buffalo, Winthrop, Mercer. Latest (5/21): McLane gives some reasons why he likes his current list of offers. Twitter: @LMcLane4

Sean O’Mara: Benet Academy, Lisle, IL - C: 6-9, 240. Offers: SLU, Illinois, DePaul, Marquette, Xavier, Dayton, LaSalle, Boston College, Virginia, Iowa State, Georgia Tech, SIUC, SIUE, Loyola-Chicago, UIC, Oakland, Lehigh, Columbia, Eastern Michigan. Interest: Michigan, Notre Dame, Purdue, Iowa, Wisconsin, Northwestern. Latest (5/21): Considered one of the best centers in the Midwest, O'Mara is in the belly of the Big Ten and has their attention. He was dominant in an AAU Tournament in April. Offers are starting to cascade in. Twitter: @S3AN_54

Andre Walker: Bullis School, Clarksville, MD - C: 6-10, 210. Offers: SLU, VCU, Xavier, DePaul, Cincinnati, Temple, UMass, George Mason, SMU, Fairfield, Delaware. Interest: Georgetown, Indiana, Kansas, NC State, Maryland, Miami. Latest (6/6): Walker now has offers from VCU and DePaul. Previous: This guy is hard to Google. Xavier recently had a player by the same name, and there's another HS recruit with the same name. He wears rec specs. Twitter: @Andre_Walker21

Thomas Welsh: Loyola, Los Angeles, CA - C: 7-0, 245. Offers: SLU, Gonzaga, California, USC, Arizona State, Rice, Santa Clara, San Francisco, and Portland. Interest: UCLA, Arizona, Colorado, Wake Forest, Brown, UC-Santa Barbara. Latest (6/5): SLU is said to be one of Welsh's early offers, which is interesting, given that he's a Southern California kid with otherwise exclusively West Coast offers. He's listed by MaxPreps at 6-11, 245 and by Rivals as 7-0, 210; Scout takes the bigger number from each and calls him 7-0, 245. He played very well at the recent Pangos All-American Camp; Rivals said he's not fast or athletic but has tremendous hands and a soft touch and plays hard at both ends of the floor. "There aren't a lot of reliable low post scorers who have moves to counter the defense, and Welsh does. He is making a strong push for the rankings."

2014 Interest List:

Marcus Bartley: MacArthur, Decatur, IL - PG: 6-2, 175. Offers: Oklahoma State, SIUC, Bradley, Northwestern, Illinois State, Eastern Illinois, North Dakota State, South Dakota State, Tennessee-Martin, Southeastern Louisiana, William & Mary. Interest: SLU, Mizzou, Iowa, Georgetown, Harvard, Tennessee. Latest (5/21): Northwestern is recruiting him very hard. Oklahoma State is the biggest program to offer so far but he may be on the cusp of a few more. Twitter: @MB3_Dreamville

Josh Cunningham: Morgan Park, Chicago, IL - SF: 6-7, 195. Offers: Mizzou, Oklahoma, Iowa, DePaul, Nebraska, South Carolina, UMass, Bradley, Northern Illinois. Interest: SLU, Illinois, Michigan State, Minnesota, Illinois State, UIC. Latest (5/21): Cunningham opened some eyes at the recent Nike EYBL in Hampton, Virginia when he filled in for an injured 5-star player. He's said to be a gamer with explosive leaping ability and a nice 3-point stroke. Twitter: @JoshMCunningham

Austin Gillmann: Oakville, Oakville, MO - C: 6-11, 200. Offers: Illinois State. Interest: SLU, Wichita State, Bucknell, Lehigh, Elon. Latest (5/21): Gillmann has already visited SLU this spring (early May). He is a legitimate 6-11, but needs to add serious strength. He was a double-double machine his junior season at Oakville and has played well this spring in AAU ball. Twitter: @AUSTIN__g

Avery Johnson, Jr.: Cooper, The Woodlands, TX - PG: 5-9, 173. Interest: SLU, Baylor, LSU, Rutgers, Santa Clara, Bucknell. Latest (5/31): Johnson will be visiting SLU this weekend. The son of former NBA player and coach Avery Johnson, he recently made headlines when he Tweeted taunts at the Nets after losing to the Bulls in the playoffs (his dad coached the Nets before being fired). He's relatively hard to find on recruiting sites because A) most Google results have to do with that incident, B] there was a recent big-time football recruit named Avery Johnson who went to LSU, and C) there was a recent basketball recruit named Avery Johnson who went to San Francisco. Twitter: @itsaveryjohnson

Kelan Martin: Ballard, Louisville, KY - SF: 6-5, 185. Offers: Providence, New Mexico, Indiana State, Ohio, Western Kentucky, IUPUI. Interest: SLU, Butler, Xavier, Creighton, Mizzou, Kentucky, Louisville, Minnesota, LSU, Boston College. Latest (5/29): Martin has had an impressive spring on the AAU circuit and the offers are starting to roll in.

Mack Mercer: Plymouth, Plymouth, IN - PF: 6-9, 210. Offers: Boston College, Indiana State, Ball State, Kent State, Belmont, Loyola-Chicago, Rice, Vermont. Interest: SLU, Butler, Xavier, Mizzou, Indiana, Purdue, Notre Dame, Clemson, Mississippi State, Northwestern. Twitter: @MackMercer

Ikenna Okwarabizie: St. Louis Christian, St. Louis, MO - C: 6-10, 240. Offers: Southern Miss, SIUE. Interest: SLU, Marquette, Oklahoma, Tennessee, LSU, Auburn, Rice. Latest (5/21): Okwarabizie is just starting to emerge this spring and picked up his first offer from Southern Miss. More will be on the way. Twitter: @iykerulez1

Jalyn Patterson: Montverde Academy, Alpharetta, GA - PG: 5-11, 170. Offers: George Mason, Minnesota, Georgia Tech, Auburn, Georgia, Georgia State. Interest: SLU, Houston, Tennessee, Florida State, South Carolina, Charleston, Tennessee Tech, Georgia Southern, Kennesaw State. Latest (5/29): Of the three schools recruiting him hardest lately, he says, “I am planning on trying to get out to St. Louis and George Mason and probably Houston,” he said. “I am still thinking about other schools and choosing which schools I would like to visit but those are three that I am definitely hoping to get to.” Twitter: @jalynpatterson

Darreon Reddick: Belleville East, Belleville, IL - SG: 6-3, 200. Offers: DePaul, Valpo, Missouri State, Detroit, Toledo, Indiana State, IUPUI. Interest: SLU, Mizzou, Butler, Michigan, Xavier, Tennessee, Iowa, SIUC. Latest (5/21): Reddick visited Valpo with C.J. Rivers and both picked up offers. Twitter: @_14Reddick

C.J. Rivers: Cahokia, Cahokia, IL - PG: 6-2, 180. Offers: SIUC, SIUE, Miami-Ohio, Valpo, Toledo, Cornell, Brown, UIC, Wright State, Northern Kentucky. Interest: SLU, Illinois, Mizzou, Xavier, Tennessee, Drake. Latest (5/22): Rivers will visit Drake on June 12. Previous: Rivers visited Valpo with Reddick and both picked up offers. Rivers has visited SLU already. Twitter: @Cj_Rivers05

Marial Shayok: Blair Academy, Blairstown, NJ - SF: 6-6, 205. Offers: Villanova, Seton Hall, Providence, LaSalle, Cincinnati, Boston College, Minnesota, Rutgers, Kansas State, West Virginia, Texas A&M, Georgia. Interest: SLU, VCU, Dayton, Illinois, Purdue, Gonzaga. Latest (6/6): Shayok listed West Virginia, Providence, Boston College, VCU, Cincinnati, and SLU as the schools recruiting him the hardest. He said Minnesota, Rutgers, Kansas State, Seton Hall, and Villanova are also in the mix. He has not decided on any visits yet and doesn't plan to do so until August. He is considered one of the most athletic wings in the class of 2014. He's from a big-time basketball family: His father played at Dayton, his sister plays at Detroit, and his brother just transferred to UMKC from Bradley. Twitter: ToOffical_11

Wow, Welsh's stock is rising fast. From the past few days (he just played in the Pangos Camp):

@EvanDanielsFOX: Thomas Welsh. He can play at just about any school in the country. 7-footer from California.

@JoshGershon: Thomas Welsh keeps getting better and better. Really happy the way he's progressing. Big time hands, plays hard, rebounds,…

@JasonScheer: Really like Thomas Welsh. Improves every time I see him, nice touch around the basket, and blocking shots today

@Jason_Hickman: Like Loyola 7-footer Thomas Welsh more every time I see him.

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else, but SLU hosted its elite camp this past Sunday. There was some twitter buzz about the event and about the players that attended:

Ronnie Suggs (2014)

Ben Weixlmann@BWeixScout2 Jun

I also thought @RonnieSuggs32 showed me a lot today. His game continues to climb (and do so quite quickly). Jump shot is near automatic.

Shawn Roundtree Jr (2014)

@EHS_TEAM I've always been a fan of @2Yung4_Simba. I told him today that I believed he should be getting more D-1 love. No one plays harder.

@EHS_TEAM He has a high ceiling. Great athlete. @swjetsbbclub has a good one with Armon.

Shawn Roundtree Jr.@2Yung4_Simba2 Jun

"@DariusAustin23: I couldn't be guarded. Killing everybody." That's how I felt at the SLU camp today, wish you were guarding me!

Playing today felt good, came me a chance to just clear my mind. It was much needed.

Went hard at the SLU Elite Camp today! That hardwork showed, gotta more to work on though. Its a grind

Austin Gillmann (2014)

Austin Gillmann@AustinGillmann

2 Jun

On my way to the elite camp at SLU

Ike Okwarbizie (2014)

Ben Weixlmann@BWeixScout

2 Jun

2014 recruit Ike Okwarbizie and 2013 #SLU signee Reggie Agbeko are spitting images of one another. Separated at birth.

Prentiss Nixon (2015)

#SLU has offered 2015 G Prentiss Nixon following a strong showing at the Elite Camp, per @scott_chihoops.

@KyleBogie Yep. He did a lot of very good things today. Like his upside, and his jumper is on the money

#M.O.A.M To the Top@TheZero_Hero2 Jun

Headed down to SLU

Just picked up an offer from here #Blessed http://instagram.com/p/aEp4mJIoyE/

Had a great time down SLU camp today .. great talking with coaches and the players @DwayneEvans21 hometown bro #Billikens

Filip Serwatka (2015) and Matt Holba (2015)

@fserwatka @holbatron You guys were very impressive today at #SLU Elite Camp. Keep up the good work.

2015 kid w/ bright future. RT @fserwatka Had fun at SLU. Got to talk/learn from coaches as well as meet new players. Got to meet @BWeixScout

Trevor Andershock@INBBallSource2 Jun

I'm hearing from a source that Serwatka, Welmer, Holba and Taishaun Johnson all played well today at the St. Louis camp.

Filip Serwatka@fserwatka3 Jun

@INBBallSource thanks! I did play well. Missed a couple 3's but besides that I rebounded and handled the ball well and got a couple dunks.

Christian Willis (2016)

2016 Christian Willis (@cwill___Willis) was phenomenal today at #SLU. Scored in many different ways. Much improved since the HS season.

Jordan Barnes (2016)

Ben Weixlmann@BWeixScout

2 Jun

@JBtoocold Like I said to you and your mother earlier -- continue to work hard. Your vision is very rare for your age. Best of luck.

2016 PG Jordan Barnes showed high-level vision today. RT @JBtoocold Great time up at #SLU good meeting the coaching staff, & great tour!

Jordan Barnes@JBtoocold2 Jun

Great time up at #SLU good meeting the coaching staff, & great tour!! #Grind 

Jordan Barnes@JBtoocold3 Jun

Yes ma'am !! I know Jay doing the same ! RT "@Brandy_N_Cole: @JBtoocold congrats. I heard you handled yo business today!!!!!!"

(That last one is a reply to a tweet from Jayson Tatum's mom. Tatum was at tryouts for the USA under 16 team and did not attend SLU’s camp.)

Nai Carlisle (2016)

Trevor Andershock@INBBallSource

2 Jun

Indiana Elite 2016/West Lafayette HS point guard Nai Carlisle was offered by Saint Louis today per @Stof34

Others:

Trevor Andershock@INBBallSource2 Jun

Tucker Blackwell, Nai Carlisle, Matt Holba, Taishaun Johnson, Filip Serwatka and Elliott Welmer attended St. Louis University's camp today

Jaleel Joshua@jtwice_32 Jun

Wonder how my bros @TrynnaFunction @2Yung4_Simba doing at that SLU elite camp

TREE@TheReallTree2 Jun

Slu Elite camp Tree_Round https://vine.co/v/b3hQauuIQvF

Not all of the players at the camp are necessarily SLU recruits, but I thought some of this was of interest. If nothing else this adds some potential names for 2015 and 2016. IMO Prentiss Nixon in particular looks like a guy to watch closely.

Not all of the players at the camp are necessarily SLU recruits, but I thought some of this was of interest. If nothing else this adds some potential names for 2015 and 2016. IMO Prentiss Nixon in particular looks like a guy to watch closely.

Its a good thing that we have been recruiting this kid for a while because I have a feeling his recruitment is going to really explode.

Also, looks like Larry Austin isn't going to be a Billiken anytime soon:

Austin listed the offers he has received.

“Oklahoma State, Illinois, Memphis, Mizzou, Iowa, and Florida State.”

Are there any schools that are recruiting him the most aggressively at this stage?

“Oklahoma State is recruiting me the hardest I think.”

http://chicagohoops.hoops247.com/index.php/2011-08-04-18-06-26/1424-larry-austin-talks-recruiting

Also, Jordan Barnett doesn't mention SLU when listing schools he is interested in. Maybe a third consecutive trip to the tourney could change their minds.

http://www.hoops247.com/index.php/modules-menu/919-jordan-barnett-talks-recruiting

Also, looks like Larry Austin isn't going to be a Billiken anytime soon:

http://chicagohoops.hoops247.com/index.php/2011-08-04-18-06-26/1424-larry-austin-talks-recruiting

Also, Jordan Barnett doesn't mention SLU when listing schools he is interested in. Maybe a third consecutive trip to the tourney could change their minds.

http://www.hoops247.com/index.php/modules-menu/919-jordan-barnett-talks-recruiting

It is probably not a great sign, but I don't think you should read too much into players naming offers during interviews. If a guy gives a list that is his "final # schools" and SLU isn't on it, then you can assume SLU is out of the running. However, a lof of higher level recruits have tons of offers and just list the ones off the top of their head during these "interviews."