Recruiting - 2014

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't tell if serious.....

X, Temple, and Cincinnati are great, but nothing special. There's also George Mason, DePaul, Delaware, Fairfield. Not exactly big time.

Definitely serious. We have often been in competition with SEMO, SIU-E, Western Illinois, etc. X, Temple, Cincy, have all been in post season play relatively regularly and George Mason is another A10 school with a decent pedigree. I guess some people would like to see us competing with Duke, UNC, and KU, but that means we never get those recruits.

Definitely serious. We have often been in competition with SEMO, SIU-E, Western Illinois, etc. X, Temple, Cincy, have all been in post season play relatively regularly and George Mason is another A10 school with a decent pedigree. I guess some people would like to see us competing with Duke, UNC, and KU, but that means we never get those recruits.

Really? We recruit against semo, SIUE, and western Illinois?

Some people on this board really underrate the caliber of recruit we normally bring in.

Really? We recruit against semo, SIUE, and western Illinois?

Some people on this board really underrate the caliber of recruit we normally bring in.

Just going by the facts. Sorry if that doesn't work for you.

Can't tell if serious.....

X, Temple, and Cincinnati are great, but nothing special. There's also George Mason, DePaul, Delaware, Fairfield. Not exactly big time.

Huh? They're "great" but "nothing special" at the same time?

Also, each one of those teams has a better historical pedigree than SLU. Sounds like he'd be a good pick up.

Just going by the facts. Sorry if that doesn't work for you.

Which facts? Certainly not the ones surrounding the recruitment of the players on our roster? Or the players we've recruited but didn't land.

I'm not sure you have the correct meaning for the word "fact."

Just a note ----- DC Assault was the former team of current Maryland top assistant Dalonte Hill. Hill sound familiar? Hill is the former Charlotte player that had former DC Assault player Michael Beasely under "control" and locked in to go join Bobby Lutz at Charlotte until Bob Huggins hired him as an assistant at Kansas State and Hill arrived in Mahattan purporting while delivering Beasely as well.

Huggins and Beasely both left after one year, Beasley's freshman season. Huggins to return to alma mater West Virginia. Beasley, going pro,was chosen as a lottery pick in the NBA with the Minnesota Timberwolves. He is now with Phoenix. Hill stayed through 2011 with Frank Martin, and was rewarded in 2010-11 with a salary in excess of $423,00/year with a potential $80,000 bonus possible. The contract ran through 2015, making him then the highest paid assistant coach in the NCAA. The DC native joined Mark Turgeon's Maryland staff in 2011.

Maryland and the really bigger boys WILL come calling on young Mr.Walker. Watch. Let's see how "getting in and offering early" plays here.

Which facts? Certainly not the ones surrounding the recruitment of the players on our roster? Or the players we've recruited but didn't land.

I'm not sure you have the correct meaning for the word "fact."

Seriously? You are trying to say that we have not competed against those schools for recruits???

Seriously? You are trying to say that we have not competed against those schools for recruits???

We have not really competed against those schools for the majority of our kids.

You seem to be making the situation worse in your head than it actually was.

We have not really competed against those schools for the majority of our kids.

You seem to be making the situation worse in your head than it actually was.

Good Lord! I was simply making a positive comment on our recruiting and you have somehow succeeded in twisting it into a negative. Why are you even taking the time to do that?

Good Lord! I was simy making a positive comment on our recruiting and you have somehow succeeded in twisting it into a negative. Why are you even taking the time to do that?

No need to get so riled up.

You made a comment I felt wasn't in line with actual circumstances. When I responded to you, you claimed your statement was based on fact. As far as I can tell, it wasn't. No harm, no foul but I don't think there's anything wrong with trying to correct an inaccurate view of past recruiting.

No need to get so riled up.

You made a comment I felt wasn't in line with actual circumstances. When I responded to you, you claimed your statement was based on fact. As far as I can tell, it wasn't. No harm, no foul but I don't think there's anything wrong with trying to correct an inaccurate view of past recruiting.

It's not inaccurate, but it's not worth arguing with you.

It's not inaccurate, but it's not worth arguing with you.

What did I do that was so unreasonable besides disagree?

If you or anyone else can show me that those were indeed the schools we were recruiting against, I'd be happy to recant. But I don't think that's the case.

2014 Offer List:

Ore Arogundade: St. Viator, Arlington Heights, IL - SG: 6-3, 180. Offers: SLU, Creighton, SIUC, Murray State, Drake, Loyola-Chicago, San Jose State, Wright State, Toledo, Northern Illinois, San Francisco, Utah State. Interest: DePaul, Wichita State, Missouri State, Oregon State, Santa Clara. Twitter: @OreAro_23

Darius Austin: Cahokia HS, Cahokia, IL - SF: 6-6, 200. Offers: SLU, DePaul, UMKC. Interest: Illinois, Mizzou, Michigan, Xavier, Cincinnati, Iowa, Tennessee. Twitter: @DariusAustin23

Larry Austin, Jr.: Lanphier, Springfield, IL - PG: 6-1, 165. Offers: SLU, Mizzou, Illinois, DePaul, Memphis, Kansas State, Oklahoma State, Wake Forest, Iowa, Bradley, SMU, Wisconsin-Milwaukee. Interest: Butler, Ohio State, Tennessee, Stanford, Harvard. Twitter: @_LarryAustin2_

Jordan Barnett: CBC, St. Louis, MO - SF: 6-7, 185. Offers: SLU, Mizzou, Butler, Purdue, Florida, Michigan State, Kansas State, Oklahoma State, Iowa, Iowa State, Stanford, Harvard. Interest: UNC, SIUC. Latest (5/22): Barnett mentioned that UNC had shown interest and been in contact several times. On 5/22, UNC got a commitment from 5-star SF Theo Pinson, which may lead them to back off Barnett. Previous: SLU and St. Louis Eagles alum Larry Hughes spoke to Barnett's Eagles team after a loss in Dallas on 5/16. Twitter: @JBounce33

Malek Harris: Carl Sandburg, Orland Park, IL - SF: 6-7, 200. Offers: SLU, Marquette, Creighton, DePaul, Mizzou, Iowa, Kansas State, Auburn, Oregon State, Illinois State, Miami-Ohio, Norfolk State. Interest: Illinois, Indiana, Louisville, Purdue, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Miami, Notre Dame, Vanderbilt, Dayton, Providence, Loyola-Chicago, Ball State, UC-Irvine. Latest (5/29): Harris received an offer from Mizzou. Previous: Harris is starting to blow up. Twitter: @24_MoneyTeam_10

J.P. Macura: Lakeville North, Lakeville, MN - SG: 6-5, 185. Offers: SLU, Creighton, Dayton, Kansas State, Drake, North Dakota, North Dakota State, Northern Colorado, Vermont, South Dakota, South Dakota State, New Mexico State, Utah State, Toledo, Wyoming, Wisconsin-Milwaukee. Interest: Indiana, Wisconsin, Florida State, Iowa, Iowa State, Minnesota, NC State, Boston College, Providence, Nebraska-Omaha. Latest (5/21): After a number of offers from smaller schools (he must have played in tournaments all over the Great Plains based on his offer list), Macura has had a couple huge AAU tournaments (including the recent adidas VIP Exclusive Run) and is hitting the radar of Big Ten, Big 12, and ACC schools. He has shown a high-level 3-point shooting ability. Twitter: @jpmacura

Logan McLane: Greenfield School, Wilson, NC - PF: 6-8, 210. Offers: SLU, Seton Hall, Miami-Ohio, UNC-Asheville, UNC-Greensboro, Buffalo, Winthrop, Mercer. Latest (5/21): McLane gives some reasons why he likes his current list of offers. Twitter: @LMcLane4

Sean O’Mara: Benet Academy, Lisle, IL - C: 6-9, 240. Offers: SLU, Illinois, DePaul, Marquette, Xavier, Dayton, LaSalle, Boston College, Virginia, Iowa State, Georgia Tech, SIUC, SIUE, Loyola-Chicago, UIC, Oakland, Lehigh, Columbia, Eastern Michigan. Interest: Michigan, Notre Dame, Purdue, Iowa, Wisconsin, Northwestern. Latest (5/21): Considered one of the best centers in the Midwest, O'Mara is in the belly of the Big Ten and has their attention. He was dominant in an AAU Tournament in April. Offers are starting to cascade in. Twitter: @S3AN_54

Andre Walker: Bullis School, Clarksville, MD - C: 6-10, 210. Offers: SLU, Xavier, DePaul, Cincinnati, Temple, UMass, George Mason, SMU, Fairfield, Delaware. Interest: VCU, Georgetown, DePaul, Indiana, Kansas, NC State, Maryland, Miami. Latest (5/27): This guy is hard to Google. Xavier recently had a player by the same name, and there's another HS recruit with the same name. He wears rec specs. Twitter: @Andre_Walker21

2014 Interest List:

Marcus Bartley: MacArthur, Decatur, IL - PG: 6-2, 175. Offers: Oklahoma State, SIUC, Bradley, Northwestern, Illinois State, Eastern Illinois, North Dakota State, South Dakota State, Tennessee-Martin, Southeastern Louisiana, William & Mary. Interest: SLU, Mizzou, Iowa, Georgetown, Harvard, Tennessee. Latest (5/21): Northwestern is recruiting him very hard. Oklahoma State is the biggest program to offer so far but he may be on the cusp of a few more. Twitter: @MB3_Dreamville

Josh Cunningham: Morgan Park, Chicago, IL - SF: 6-7, 195. Offers: Mizzou, Oklahoma, Iowa, DePaul, Nebraska, South Carolina, UMass, Bradley, Northern Illinois. Interest: SLU, Illinois, Michigan State, Minnesota, Illinois State, UIC. Latest (5/21): Cunningham opened some eyes at the recent Nike EYBL in Hampton, Virginia when he filled in for an injured 5-star player. He's said to be a gamer with explosive leaping ability and a nice 3-point stroke. Twitter: @JoshMCunningham

Austin Gillmann: Oakville, Oakville, MO - C: 6-11, 200. Offers: Illinois State. Interest: SLU, Wichita State, Bucknell, Lehigh, Elon. Latest (5/21): Gillmann has already visited SLU this spring (early May). He is a legitimate 6-11, but needs to add serious strength. He was a double-double machine his junior season at Oakville and has played well this spring in AAU ball. Twitter: @AUSTIN__g

Kelan Martin: Ballard, Louisville, KY - SF: 6-5, 185. Offers: Providence, New Mexico, Indiana State, Ohio, Western Kentucky, IUPUI. Interest: SLU, Butler, Xavier, Creighton, Mizzou, Kentucky, Louisville, Minnesota, LSU, Boston College. Latest (5/29): Martin has had an impressive spring on the AAU circuit and the offers are starting to roll in.

Mack Mercer: Plymouth, Plymouth, IN - PF: 6-9, 210. Offers: Boston College, Indiana State, Ball State, Kent State, Belmont, Loyola-Chicago, Rice, Vermont. Interest: SLU, Butler, Xavier, Mizzou, Indiana, Purdue, Notre Dame, Clemson, Mississippi State, Northwestern. Twitter: @MackMercer

Ikenna Okwarabizie: St. Louis Christian, St. Louis, MO - C: 6-10, 240. Offers: Southern Miss, SIUE. Interest: SLU, Marquette, Oklahoma, Tennessee, LSU, Auburn, Rice. Latest (5/21): Okwarabizie is just starting to emerge this spring and picked up his first offer from Southern Miss. More will be on the way. Twitter: @iykerulez1

Darreon Reddick: Belleville East, Belleville, IL - SG: 6-3, 200. Offers: DePaul, Valpo, Missouri State, Detroit, Toledo, Indiana State, IUPUI. Interest: SLU, Mizzou, Butler, Michigan, Xavier, Tennessee, Iowa, SIUC. Latest (5/21): Reddick visited Valpo with C.J. Rivers and both picked up offers. Twitter: @_14Reddick

C.J. Rivers: Cahokia, Cahokia, IL - PG: 6-2, 180. Offers: SIUC, SIUE, Miami-Ohio, Valpo, Toledo, Cornell, Brown, UIC, Wright State, Northern Kentucky. Interest: SLU, Illinois, Mizzou, Xavier, Tennessee, Drake. Latest (5/22): Rivers will visit Drake on June 12. Previous: Rivers visited Valpo with Reddick and both picked up offers. Rivers has visited SLU already. Twitter: @Cj_Rivers05

Zane Waterman: Fayetteville Academy, Fayetteville, NC - PF: 6-8, 205. Offers: St. Joe's, Charlotte, Southern Miss, UNC-Asheville, Appalachian State, Winthrop, Gardner-Webb, Liberty, Manhattan. Interest: SLU, Cincinnati, NC State, Wake Forest, George Mason, East Carolina. Twitter: @Zane_Waterman

How do we know we are recruiting Waterman and Mercer? A quick google search turns up nothing about our recruiting of either of those.

I was taking RAG's word for it for now, since he did turn out to be right on Walker. I'll do more digging on them tomorrow. I haven't been able to confirm yet.

How do we know we are recruiting Waterman and Mercer? A quick google search turns up nothing about our recruiting of either of those.

Not where I got the info, but a quick google search on Mercer list SLU as having interest

http://ny2lasports.com/player_details.aspx?playerid=5149

With Waterman, I guess I should start a website? :D

Roy (or anyone else) - have you seen Donovan Franklin play? He'll be a junior this year and he's at O'Fallon, if I'm not mistaken. He's on the St. Louis Eagles team with Jayson Tatum but he's a 2015 instead of 2016 player. I'm just starting to see his name pop up as a potential big-time recruit but can't find a profile page on him anywhere but MaxPreps. Any thoughts on his game? Is he really a high-level player?