Recruiting - 2014

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you confirm that? And has SLU backed off completely?

I can confirm that he has no Iowa St offer but I have no idea whether slu is recruiting him or not. Last I heard SIUE was the main school on his trail.

I can confirm that he has no Iowa St offer but I have no idea whether slu is recruiting him or not. Last I heard SIUE was the main school on his trail.

I'll take him off the list.

http://www.verbalcommits.com/schools/saint-louis

It doesn't update immediately and isn't 100% complete, but it keeps getting better.

Too convoluted for me. It mixes in recruits with actual players. I'll make one in a simple spreadsheet. Unless that guy from Verbalcommits is still lingering and wants to make it easier to read :)

UNC had been talking to Jordan Barnett, but today just got a commitment from 6-6, 190 5-star recruit Theo Pinson. I'm guessing that will have them backing off Barnett.

Could someone put together a master chart with all of these kids, schools interested in them and the scholarship openings those schools will have in 2014? Also, if you could include any pics of hot sisters these guys have, that'd be much appreciated.

Could someone put together a master chart with all of these kids, schools interested in them and the scholarship openings those schools will have in 2014? Also, if you could include any pics of hot sisters these guys have, that'd be much appreciated.

See page 1 of this thread. I'm not going to do the second step, and the third probably involves photos of minors.

See page 1 of this thread. I'm not going to do the second step, and the third probably involves photos of minors.

Once the list gets narrowed down a bit and some of the kids announce their "final 3" or whatever, I might be willing to take a shot at the 2nd step (available scholarships at other interested schools). I might do it for the 2013 recruits if I get some time.

Once the list gets narrowed down a bit and some of the kids announce their "final 3" or whatever, I might be willing to take a shot at the 2nd step (available scholarships at other interested schools). I might do it for the 2013 recruits if I get some time.

Yeah, it'd be pointless this early for 2014 names.

Go to verbal commits for SLU and click on any playere we havew offered and it list all the schools that player has intrest from.

minor news

Coach Dana@swjetsbbclub9m

CJ Rivers will visit Drake on June 12th.

Retweeted by Earl Austin Jr.

Will he be visiting Drake in the studio or on tour?

Will he be visiting Drake in the studio or on tour?

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 Holmdel, NJ USA PNC Bank Arts Center now Tickets

you would think he would wait till june 2nd when drake will be in Chicago..

Tongue was firmly planted in cheek. Well, except for the hot sisters. And I'm just going to assume they're all over 18.

As long as we are on the topic of girls who are borderline 18 and recruits, I was wondering if anyone else has noticed these young ladies who have signed to play for the Kansas women's team. (https://twitter.com/Dollbaby_duo)

They follow Jayson Tatum and he follows them on twitter. I noticed this because I saw one of Tatum's teammates Tyler Cook tweet at them calling himself a KU recruit (not sure if he actually is or not) and asking for them to follow him.

I bring this up because it really gives Kansas an unfair recruiting advantage when they really didn't need one in the first place. Perhaps the SLU women's team needs to recruit more "talent" to give the men's team an advantage.

The list is still in progress. Please help me out on filling in details, offer lists, etc. - too much to keep track of by myself (and keep a job).

2014 Offer List:

Ore Arogundade: St. Viator, Arlington Heights, IL - SG: 6-3, 180. Offers: SLU, Creighton, SIUC, Murray State, Drake, Loyola-Chicago, San Jose State, Wright State, Toledo, Northern Illinois, San Francisco, Utah State. Interest: DePaul, Wichita State, Missouri State, Oregon State, Santa Clara. Twitter: @OreAro_23

Darius Austin: Cahokia HS, Cahokia, IL - SF: 6-6, 200. Offers: SLU, DePaul, UMKC. Interest: Illinois, Mizzou, Michigan, Xavier, Cincinnati, Iowa, Tennessee. Twitter: @DariusAustin23

Larry Austin, Jr.: Lanphier, Springfield, IL - PG: 6-1, 165. Offers: SLU, Mizzou, Illinois, DePaul, Memphis, Kansas State, Oklahoma State, Wake Forest, Iowa, Bradley, SMU, Wisconsin-Milwaukee. Interest: Butler, Ohio State, Tennessee, Stanford, Harvard. Twitter: @_LarryAustin2_

Jordan Barnett: CBC, St. Louis, MO - SF: 6-7, 185. Offers: SLU, Mizzou, Butler, Purdue, Florida, Michigan State, Kansas State, Oklahoma State, Iowa, Iowa State, Stanford, Harvard. Interest: UNC, SIUC. Latest (5/22): Barnett mentioned that UNC had shown interest and been in contact several times. On 5/22, UNC got a commitment from 5-star SF Theo Pinson, which may lead them to back off Barnett. Previous: SLU and St. Louis Eagles alum Larry Hughes spoke to Barnett's Eagles team after a loss in Dallas on 5/16.

Malek Harris: Carl Sandburg, Orland Park, IL - SF: 6-7, 200. Offers: SLU, Marquette, Creighton, DePaul, Iowa, Kansas State, Auburn, Oregon State, Illinois State, Miami-Ohio, Norfolk State. Interest: Illinois, Indiana, Louisville, Purdue, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Miami, Notre Dame, Vanderbilt, Dayton, Providence, Loyola-Chicago, Ball State, UC-Irvine. Latest (5/21): Harris is starting to blow up. Twitter: @24_MoneyTeam_10

J.P. Macura: Lakeville North, Lakeville, MN - SG: 6-5, 185. Offers: SLU, Creighton, Dayton, Kansas State, Drake, North Dakota, North Dakota State, Northern Colorado, Vermont, South Dakota, South Dakota State, New Mexico State, Utah State, Toledo, Wyoming, Wisconsin-Milwaukee. Interest: Indiana, Wisconsin, Florida State, Iowa, Iowa State, Minnesota, NC State, Boston College, Providence, Nebraska-Omaha. Latest (5/21): After a number of offers from smaller schools (he must have played in tournaments all over the Great Plains based on his offer list), Macura has had a couple huge AAU tournaments (including the recent adidas VIP Exclusive Run) and is hitting the radar of Big Ten, Big 12, and ACC schools. He has shown a high-level 3-point shooting ability. Twitter: @jpmacura

Logan McLane: Greenfield School, Wilson, NC - PF: 6-8, 210. Offers: SLU, Seton Hall, Miami-Ohio, UNC-Asheville, UNC-Greensboro, Buffalo, Winthrop, Mercer. Latest (5/21): McLane gives some reasons why he likes his current list of offers. Twitter: @LMcLane4

Sean O’Mara: Benet Academy, Lisle, IL - C: 6-9, 240. Offers: SLU, Illinois, DePaul, Marquette, Xavier, Dayton, LaSalle, Boston College, Virginia, Iowa State, Georgia Tech, SIUC, SIUE, Loyola-Chicago, UIC, Oakland, Lehigh, Columbia, Eastern Michigan. Interest: Michigan, Notre Dame, Purdue, Iowa, Wisconsin, Northwestern. Latest (5/21): Considered one of the best centers in the Midwest, O'Mara is in the belly of the Big Ten and has their attention. He was dominant in an AAU Tournament in April. Offers are starting to cascade in. Twitter: @S3AN_54

2014 Interest List:

Marcus Bartley: MacArthur, Decatur, IL - PG: 6-2, 175. Offers: Oklahoma State, SIUC, Bradley, Northwestern, Illinois State, Eastern Illinois, North Dakota State, South Dakota State, Tennessee-Martin, Southeastern Louisiana, William & Mary. Interest: SLU, Mizzou, Iowa, Georgetown, Harvard, Tennessee. Latest (5/21): Northwestern is recruiting him very hard. Oklahoma State is the biggest program to offer so far but he may be on the cusp of a few more. Twitter: @MB3_Dreamville

Josh Cunningham: Morgan Park, Chicago, IL - SF: 6-7, 195. Offers: Mizzou, Oklahoma, Iowa, DePaul, Nebraska, South Carolina, UMass, Bradley, Northern Illinois. Interest: SLU, Illinois, Michigan State, Minnesota, Illinois State, UIC. Latest (5/21): Cunningham opened some eyes at the recent Nike EYBL in Hampton, Virginia when he filled in for an injured 5-star player. He's said to be a gamer with explosive leaping ability and a nice 3-point stroke. Twitter: @JoshMCunningham

Austin Gillmann: Oakville, Oakville, MO - C: 6-11, 200. Offers: Illinois State. Interest: SLU, Wichita State, Bucknell, Lehigh, Elon. Latest (5/21): Gillmann has already visited SLU this spring (early May). He is a legitimate 6-11, but needs to add serious strength. He was a double-double machine his junior season at Oakville and has played well this spring in AAU ball. Twitter: @AUSTIN__g

Ikenna Okwarabizie: St. Louis Christian, St. Louis, MO - C: 6-10, 240. Offers: Southern Miss, SIUE. Interest: SLU, Marquette, Oklahoma, Tennessee, LSU, Auburn, Rice. Latest (5/21): Okwarabizie is just starting to emerge this spring and picked up his first offer from Southern Miss. More will be on the way.

Darreon Reddick: Belleville East, Belleville, IL - SG: 6-3, 200. Offers: DePaul, Valpo, Missouri State, Detroit, Toledo, Indiana State, IUPUI. Interest: SLU, Mizzou, Butler, Michigan, Xavier, Tennessee, Iowa, SIUC. Latest (5/21): Reddick visited Valpo with C.J. Rivers and both picked up offers. Twitter: @_14Reddick

C.J. Rivers: Cahokia, Cahokia, IL - PG: 6-2, 180. Offers: SIUC, SIUE, Miami-Ohio, Valpo, Toledo, Cornell, Brown, UIC, Wright State, Northern Kentucky. Interest: SLU, Illinois, Mizzou, Xavier, Tennessee, Drake. Latest (5/22): Rivers will visit Drake on June 12. Previous: Rivers visited Valpo with Reddick and both picked up offers. Rivers has visited SLU already. Twitter: @Cj_Rivers05

New names:

Mack Mercer

zane waterman

Avery Johnson, Jr.

Here's some real recruiting news:

SLU has offered 2014 C Andre Walker of Bullis School & D.C. Assault (Clarksburg, MD). He's 6'10" 210LBS and ranked as the #12 C in the nation in the class of 2014 as well as the #85 overall player. Scout has him as a 4 Star, Rivals and ESPN as a 3 Star. VerbalCommits also shows interest from Xavier, Temple, SMU, George Mason, Cincinnati, DePaul, Delaware, Fairfield, UMass, and VCU in addition to SLU.

SLU has offered 2014 C Andre Walker of Bullis School & D.C. Assault (Clarksburg, MD). He's 6'10" 210LBS and ranked as the #12 C in the nation in the class of 2014 as well as the #85 overall player. Scout has him as a 4 Star, Rivals and ESPN as a 3 Star. VerbalCommits also shows interest from Xavier, Temple, SMU, George Mason, Cincinnati, DePaul, Delaware, Fairfield, UMass, and VCU in addition to SLU.

I like to see us in that group of schools.

6'10 210... Didn't know that was possible