willie reed called up

From an outsider's perspective, Willie appeared to be very immature both as a student and as a ballplayer during his time at SLU.

He saw himself in mock drafts and simply couldn't take his academics seriously. That's not to say he was a bad kid, he just wasn't cut out for SLU. I'm not privy to all of his trangressions while at SLU, but it's my understanding that his suspension had more to do with the grand body of work and his role in the situation was simply the last straw...and even then he was given another chance which he squandered.

It's my opinion that he needed to cope with failure (going undrafted, getting cut, toiling in obscurity) before the lightbulb went off that he needed to work his ass off over months/years as opposed to days/weeks if he was ever going to make the NBA.

Plenty of kids screw up when they are 20, flunk out of college, face reality for a while, then re-emerge in a career that values talent and output more than academic record.

Congrats Willie

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he would of put us over the top this year. he was a head case compared to most on the team but not enough that it would harm his ability to make major contributions on the court. The whole suspension thing IMHO he got hosed no pun intended. Hope he makes some big bucks after all he's been through. I like how his dad stood up for him too. Not to beat the dead horse race thing but no way would he be called a head case if white. Spirited, immature, live wire but not a program ruining head case.

...lolol

From an outsider's perspective, Willie appeared to be very immature both as a student and as a ballplayer during his time at SLU.

He saw himself in mock drafts and simply couldn't take his academics seriously. That's not to say he was a bad kid, he just wasn't cut out for SLU. I'm not privy to all of his trangressions while at SLU, but it's my understanding that his suspension had more to do with the grand body of work and his role in the situation was simply the last straw...and even then he was given another chance which he squandered.

It's my opinion that he needed to cope with failure (going undrafted, getting cut, toiling in obscurity) before the lightbulb went off that he needed to work his ass off over months/years as opposed to days/weeks if he was ever going to make the NBA.

Plenty of kids screw up when they are 20, flunk out of college, face reality for a while, then re-emerge in a career that values talent and output more than academic record.

Congrats Willie

Yup. Congrats to Willie. Sometimes you need to hit bottom before you can succeed.

However, Willie, do not rent out World's of Fun again. That was a bad idea.

Or do it. Whatever works. Just invite me next time.

Congrats Willie

I never had any problem with Willie on the court. I thought he showed tremendous improvement from his freshman to sophomore seasons, suggesting he put in the time to work on his game. He was a hell of shotblocker and improved on his moves around the basket. Obviously free throws still needed a lot of work, but he appeared to give great effort, play with a lot of energy and came across as a good teammate who wanted to win. Once Cody joined up his sophomore season, you could see that we had the makings of a really special team.

I think he would of put us over the top this year. he was a head case compared to most on the team but not enough that it would harm his ability to make major contributions on the court. The whole suspension thing IMHO he got hosed no pun intended. Hope he makes some big bucks after all he's been through. I like how his dad stood up for him too. Not to beat the dead horse race thing but no way would he be called a head case if white. Spirited, immature, live wire but not a program ruining head case.

Perhaps you weren't here for the Brett Thompson era. Race has zero to do with it.......

And perhaps he doesn't follow WR on Twitter.

PERHAPS HE AIN'T NEVER STRAP ON HIS HEADSET AN SADDLE UP ON ETS BOTS LIIIIIIVE. 2K BABY, WHO WANNA PLAY ME!?!? MY GAMERTAG IS 0ffC0n$t@ntly. CAIN'T NOBODY BEAT OFF CONSTANTLY!!! YA HURD???

PERHAPS HE AIN'T NEVER STRAP ON HIS HEADSET AN SADDLE UP ON ETS BOTS LIIIIIIVE. 2K BABY, WHO WANNA PLAY ME!?!? MY GAMERTAG IS 0ffC0n$t@ntly. CAIN'T NOBODY BEAT OFF CONSTANTLY!!! YA HURD???

I beat 0ffC0n$t@ntly