What does Georgetown, Marquette, Creighton and Gonzaga know that we don't?

When I am in St. Louis and talking to some of my brothers and nephews/nieces about SLU Basketball some of the younger guys think I'm talking about SLU High School. I'd bet if the University did a poll in the St. Louis Metro Area that most young people 18 and younger would identify SLUH before SLU. "Where did you go to HS?" Also, before this tournament run I bet many people didn't even know SLU was D1! Getting into the BE and moving forward turns us from a Mid to a Major program in D1. Father either has to be the main driver or get out of the way and give the AD the full power to run this program like a Xavier or Creighton.

good luck with that, it will never happen

Rightly or wrongly, Father Biondi's commitment to the basketball program is going to be judged by what conference SLU is in. His trip was ill-timed, but we've beaten that to death. What happened in Brooklyn and San Jose is far more important to the University than anything he could have possibly been doing in Asia. But he was in Asia.

When I am in St. Louis and talking to some of my brothers and nephews/nieces about SLU Basketball some of the younger guys think I'm talking about SLU High School. I'd bet if the University did a poll in the St. Louis Metro Area that most young people 18 and younger would identify SLUH before SLU. "Where did you go to HS?" Also, before this tournament run I bet many people didn't even know SLU was D1! Getting into the BE and moving forward turns us from a Mid to a Major program in D1. Father either has to be the main driver or get out of the way and give the AD the full power to run this program like a Xavier or Creighton.

This is so incredilby wrong it seems like it was meant to be sarcasm

Rightly or wrongly, Father Biondi's commitment to the basketball program is going to be judged by what conference SLU is in. His trip was ill-timed, but we've beaten that to death. What happened in Brooklyn and San Jose is far more important to the University than anything he could have possibly been doing in Asia. But he was in Asia.

It's all about the almighty dollar. Father Biondi's annual trip to Asia brings over $4,000,000 in revenue to the school's general fund. Annually, There are more than 100 students from Asia that pays full retail price for their education.

It's all about the almighty dollar. Father Biondi's annual trip to Asia brings over $4,000,000 in revenue to the school's general fund. Annually, There are more than 1000 students from Asia that pays full retail price for their education.

FIFY

Also, it still doesn't justify scheduling the trip during March Madness. Spin it however you want. He could have easily appeased both his donors abroad and domestic by scheduling the trip at a different time.

It's all about the almighty dollar. Father Biondi's annual trip to Asia brings over $4,000,000 in revenue to the school's general fund. Annually, There are more than 100 students from Asia that pays full retail price for their education.

Which one year of the Big East TV deal covers. I'm not sure why you keep defending that trip, but it was badly timed. There are more almighty dollars to be had from Fox TV than Asia.

I've always thought the university would have benefitted from naming itself after a person (a la Marquette, Xavier, Creighton) than our city.

before he retires Biondi will rename the school after himself. Then we can lay all this St. Louis vs. Saint Louis stuff to bed.

People that live in St. Louis area ask a kid 25 and under what they know about SLU and see if they mention SLUH first....I think you will be shocked they will think you are talking about the high school. Our basketball program is so under the radar, this year and last helped, it isn't even funny. For anyone to say any different is missing my point. This is a problem......only winning can change.

People that live in St. Louis area ask a kid 25 and under what they know about SLU and see if they mention SLUH first....I think you will be shocked they will think you are talking about the high school. Our basketball program is so under the radar, this year and last helped, it isn't even funny. For anyone to say any different is missing my point. This is a problem......only winning can change.

Winning already is changing it. Clearly you don't live in town. This program got a ton of local coverage the last couple of years. Your small little group of people who don't know about SLU really says more about their ignorance than it does the program's perception throughout town. All they had to do was look at the Top 25 polls, turn on SportsCenter or the local news and buy a clue.

This might be the case if you are living in a house with high school age or near high school age males. It is definitely not the case for almost every household.

Really? I work at a place where young people come in all the time. Over the last 10 yrs, I've probably had hundreds of conversations about sports and basketball and since I'm a SLU fan the conversation goes to SLU. Never, ever, even once have I had someone mention SLUH.

You are simply wrong

I think you underestimate both the 25 & under crowd and the university brand. While this may be true for anyone under 14, any potential college student knows SLU as SLU and SLUH as SLU-High. ESPECIALLY those who have graduated high school. Like I said, maybe a high school sophomore would recognize SLU as the high school, but it's a lot more rare than you're saying, especially from those who are Catholic. People under 25 usually call it SLU-High.

People that live in St. Louis area ask a kid 14 and under what they know about SLU and see if they mention SLUH first....I think you will be shocked they will think you are talking about the high school. Our basketball program is so under the radar, this year and last helped, it isn't even funny. For anyone to say any different is missing my point. This is a problem......only winning can change.

i fixed it. you need to get new friends.

Maybe 12-17 year old Catholic kids in St. Louis and their immediate families; definitely not true for the balance of the population.