GDT: Selection Sunday

Pistol

355 lbs?!?!?! Holy Load of Crap, Batman!

Can do a google pic search. Definitely tall...I think it said he's part of the "tallest Canadian brother" combo. Definitely has some weight to him, but doesn't have the gut of a lineman or anything. Might test CE's will to take a charge....Could be a smoosh factor.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just looked up their roster...7'5" 355lbs...plays 25min a game. Had some strong games scoring games and a few where it looked like he disappeared. Doesn't look like he gets in foul trouble too much.

Sim Bhullar!

He signed with Xavier and then pulled out to go to a year of prep school for conditioning. He's a mountain.

These guys also have 6-10, 6-10, 6-11. They're big.

Great insight from one of their posters:

"The aggies should win it. They beat the loobs but the aggies are a better team. But talk is cheap and they will have to proveit."
I'm not sure what they are smoking, but they are in for a bit of a surprise.

Why so worried? Defensively, the only guys he can guard are CR and JM. He is going to be pulled out of position if they man him against RL or CE, as will their other bigs. Also, he shoots 46% from the stripe so we can use JM's 5 fouls if need be.

"The aggies should win it. They beat the loobs but the aggies are a better team. But talk is cheap and they will have to proveit."

Dont get me wrong I am a fan of drugs but this guy may need to go to lay off the hallucinogens

breaking-bad-meth.jpg

Overall, I think the committe got the right teams in the Tournament. The seeds and sites are messed up in some places but the right teams got in.

No love for the SEC. I shed no tear for them.

Come out, come out!

SLU has never been sent West (albeit still in the Midwest Region this year) in the modern era. So it is time. SLU was given a well deserved #4 seed.

Only non-stop STL to Bay Area is United to SFO, usually 1 evening flight per day. But there are 1 stops to SFO, OAK, and SJC (San Jose), as well as SMF (Sacramento). Sometimes Southwest has a 1 stop, stay on the plane. The games are at the HP Pavilion, aka the Shark Tank, which seats 17,000+, a double decked hockey arena.

Oregon will be in the same session as SLU, playing Oklahoma State in the other game in SLU's session. Oregon will have a lot of fans there.

The other session includes Cal, which was gifted a de facto home game vs. UNLV, no doubt to fill seats.

If anyone has tickets that they are not going to be able to use, please send me a Private Message. There is no shortage of interest in the Billikens out here. I should have no problem getting the tickets used, and by SLU supporters.

I'm reading the SLU opponent, New Mexico State (RPI 55) out of the WAC has the tallest team in the country. NM State was the #2 team this season in the WAC. The WAC regular season champ was NIT bound Louisiana Tech (RPI 53). NM State, from Las Cruces, near El Paso, TX, is an old SLU conference mate from the waning SLU years in the Missouri Valley Conference in the early '70's. Lou Henson made his name there before going to Illinois, and then returned late in his career.

As Dionne Warwick sings, Do you know the way to San Jose?

SLU is in the Big Dance!

ESPN showing the Bills a lot of love. Saying it is the worst possible 4 seed draw for Louisville. Nice...

I feel like the way we play defense, we can beat anybody. Louisville (or Gtown) might be the only team in the field that plays defense as well as us. Wouldn't be surprised to see the over/under on that match up be 105.