Recruiting - 2013

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Indiana All Stars released

http://www.indystar.com/article/20130409/SPORTS02/304090028/Indiana-All-Stars-Purdue-recruit-Basil-Smotherman-uses-junior-snub-motivation

ncluding the 6-7 Smotherman and 6-7 IndyStar Mr. Basketball Zak Irvin of Hamilton Southeastern, this year’s All-Star team is heavy on tall and versatile wing players. They include: Warren Central’s 6-6 Devin Davis, Cathedral’s 6-6 Collin Hartman, New Haven’s 6-7 V.J. Beachem, Triton’s 6-6 Clay Yeo (Valpo), Tipton’s 6-5 Mike Crawford (Saint Louis) and Castle’s 6-5 Blake Simmons.

Yeo and Crawford playing on the same team. Well, at least, Yeo and Keith Carter will have something in common

They're both quitters?

Did bbtds just get out-hoosier'd?

Never! I'm from Da Region. Da Bulls, Da Hawks, Da Cubs, Da Sox, Da F're, Jordan--no Da. Same Region as Albrecht, McGary and Robinson III. It's the rest of the Hoosier state that is prejudiced against Da Region. It's why Beilein got those guys.

Never! I'm from Da Region. Da Bulls, Da Hawks, Da Cubs, Da Sox, Da F're, Jordan--no Da. Same Region as Albrecht, McGary and Robinson III. It's the rest of the Hoosier state that is prejudiced against Da Region. It's why Beilein got those guys.

Crean and Painter both, mind you. Gary is a lot like West Laugh-a-yette, except there's more books in WL.

Looks like this guy was being recruited pretty heavily by Big10 schools. Not sure how many scholarships most teams have availabe / if A10 baskeball would ever interest this kid. That said, I wouldn't mind getting lucking and snagging a 6'8", 200 PF from Chicago late in the game: http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/highschool/chi-boys-hoops-setons-alex-foster-decommits-from-minnesota-after-tubby-smith-is-fired-20130409,0,5185346.story

Djambo update:

"6-10 Ibrahim Djambo of Three Rivers JC, MO will make Clemson his third official visit stop this weekend. Djambo has also visited Loyola of Chicago and SIU Carbondale. He will also visit Saint Louis and Southern Miss according to his coach. "He will take all the visits before deciding," coach Gene Bess said. Clemson has been recruiting Djambo since February. Brad Brownell has been out to see him and Bess said Djambo can fill a role for the Tigers. "They are interested in a 6-10 four man," the coach said. "They say that's what they need. He's excited about going there." Djambo is a native of Mali and has two years of eligibility remaining. He averaged 18 points, 9 rebounds and 2 blocks per game this season. He will join 6-10 Sidy Mohamed Djitte as official visits for Clemson this weekend."

http://www.goupstate.com/article/20130410/PSPORTS02/130419960

I don't know if its been posted or not but I found this on Rivals.com:

One of the top unsigned senior big men is off the board, and it looks like new St. Louis coach Jim Crews landed a good one in Reggie Agbeko.

At one point, the South Kent (CT) power forward, was being recruited by Duke, Oklahoma, Villanova and many other high and mid-major schools. One of the top rebounding prospects out there, Agbeko found a good fit at the A-10 school and chose them over Missouri State, Tulane, Tulsa, Kent State and others at days end.

"I felt it was a great fit," Agbeko told Rivals.com. "It's a good program that wins a lot and I fit right into the team with the guys they have."

I don't know if its been posted or not but I found this on Rivals.com:

One of the top unsigned senior big men is off the board, and it looks like new St. Louis coach Jim Crews landed a good one in Reggie Agbeko.

At one point, the South Kent (CT) power forward, was being recruited by Duke, Oklahoma, Villanova and many other high and mid-major schools. One of the top rebounding prospects out there, Agbeko found a good fit at the A-10 school and chose them over Missouri State, Tulane, Tulsa, Kent State and others at days end.

"I felt it was a great fit," Agbeko told Rivals.com. "It's a good program that wins a lot and I fit right into the team with the guys they have."

I hadn't seen it yet, but I'm not an insider either. This is great news. We get a rebounder AND finally a Head Coach at the same time.