10 years ago today

kshoe

SLU beat #2 Louisville with 25 from Marquee Perry starting an 8 game winning streak that nearly got us an at large bid to the dance. Good times and undoubtedly a game worthy of rushing the court.

10 years ago in the wee hours of the night, backhand threw up all over the parking lot of Fat Freddies after celebrating the huge win.

10 years ago in the wee hours of the night, backhand threw up all over the parking lot of Fat Freddies after celebrating the huge win.

I guess some things never change...except that Fat Freddie's no longer exists.

I guess some things never change...except that Fat Freddie's no longer exists.

probably were never able to get the puke cleaned off the parking lot and thus the property was condemned for "hazardous material waste".

10 years ago tonight, I decided to work a shift at the front desk at Dematt because I needed beer money. One of life's biggest regrets...

B-Roy sent me a photo of the court rushing. My wife attended the game and told me about the win when I called from Spain enroute to Kuwait. I was flying in a C5 when that win occurred.

One of my father's great regrets is that he missed that game. I was 24 and took a friend who had never been to a Billikens game before. He still has season tickets to this day. In the end the game didn't mean that much, team didn't make the tourney despite their late season run. Still is the best basketball game I've ever seen in person. I remember my section had a large contingency of Louisville fans. The final play was so great even most of them were cheering for us.

I remember jumping over the media tables and storming the court, only to be pushed down in the middle of the pack, jumped on and stomped on, then magically jacked up off the floor by some dude. Greatest night ever. If only JJ Stokes would have missed his shot at the buzzer when we were playing Mi$$ou, I would have had 2 court stormings under my belt.

B-Roy sent me a photo of the court rushing. My wife attended the game and told me about the win when I called from Spain enroute to Kuwait. I was flying in a C5 when that win occurred.

Dude - wow that would have been the exact same time went sent the first battalions/squadrons/ etc. over to Iraq. I remember being glued to FOX News watching that in Dematt...

How was flying in the old Fat Albert?!

Me too. I need to somehow convert it - I have no idea how to go about doing that.

1. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Easy+VHS+to+DVD+3+Plus+-+Windows/4798173.p;jsessionid=AA0ED0E6B30FE277537A8770C94BB28D.bbolsp-app04-74?id=1218684550129&skuId=4798173&st=vhs to dvd converter&lp=2&cp=1

or

2. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Toshiba+-+Multiformat+DVD-R/RW/%2BR/%2BRW+Recorder/VCR+Combo+with+HD+Upconversion/9642774.p;jsessionid=AA0ED0E6B30FE277537A8770C94BB28D.bbolsp-app04-74?id=1218136061726&skuId=9642774&st=vhs to dvd converter&cp=1&lp=6

we bought #2 above as we had about 4 million vcr tapes of our kids in their youth needed to convert. very easy.

I've got a converter at home, Box. Perhaps we should do a handoff at an upcoming game (although Saturday is out; I'll be in the city that's home to one of Kentucky's professional basketball teams this weekend).

PS I'll also go see if we have a VHS link in our video editing room here, which would be easier for all concerned.

I've got a converter at home, Box. Perhaps we should do a handoff at an upcoming game (although Saturday is out; I'll be in the city that's home to one of Kentucky's professional basketball teams this weekend).

PS I'll also go see if we have a VHS link in our video editing room here, which would be easier for all concerned.

Sounds great. Maybe we can make the exchange at the VCU game. Then I can play it on my laptop during the bus ride to Butler...

Sounds great. Maybe we can make the exchange at the VCU game. Then I can play it on my laptop during the bus ride to Butler...

The bus better have TVs so we can watch replays of the 2003 Louisville game, last year's Memphis and Xavier games, this year's Butler game, and KSDK's 1988 special,"Sit In On A Jam Session," which features a dunk with two-balls (don't even think about it, Jimbo) by Monroe Douglass.