VCU's Havoc Defense

moytoy12

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="jbizzle09" data-cid="342405" data-time="1360701228"><p>

<br />

<br />

Jay Bilas was talking about this on PTI the other day. Basically made the same point you are. He also pointed out that the increased number of charges called, leading to offensive fouls, is really hurting the game. Can't say that I disagree with him on that point (regardless of how good Cody is at taking charges.)</p></blockquote>

I've heard Bilas make that statement before and my reaction was the same then. If you just want to give up on the idea of charges and let the athletes do whatever they want, just watch the NBA and leave the rest of us alone.

A detailed look at VCU's havoc defense: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-basketball/news/20130211/vcu-press/?sct=uk_t11_a5

The press they run scares the crap out of me, even though we have very good guards and a number of people that can handle the ball. Let's hope that Crews gets them well prepared to handle this.

mckayladisappointed.jpg

I've heard Bilas make that statement before and my reaction was the same then. If you just want to give up on the idea of charges and let the athletes do whatever they want, just watch the NBA and leave the rest of us alone.

Amen. I like watching teams run an offense much more than just seeing the a bunch of 1 on 1 drives to the basket.

A detailed look at VCU's havoc defense: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-basketball/news/20130211/vcu-press/?sct=uk_t11_a5

The press they run scares the crap out of me, even though we have very good guards and a number of people that can handle the ball. Let's hope that Crews gets them well prepared to handle this.

mckayladisappointed.jpg

this time next year, she will be 18, and i WILL post bucknasty photos of her.

Havoc?!?

They should call their defense "grab, hold, foul and hope the officials let it go."

If the officials would call the game the right way VCU would be a medicore team.

The problem is that thw officials dont want to make it a 3 hour game by calling all the VCU fouls so they just let it go.

Sounds like the old SIU teams during their big years.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="RUBillsFan" data-cid="342432" data-time="1360705977"><p>

<br />

Amen. I like watching <em class='bbc'>teams</em> run an offense much more than just seeing the a bunch of 1 on 1 drives to the basket.</p></blockquote>

Agreed.

Would much rather watch Princeton dismantle a team with a billion backdoor cuts than Kobe and LBJ going one on one with 8 guys watching.

How have I not seen this before? Maybe the most badass quote ever by a college basketball coach.

He made his big splash at Utah, where he coached the likes of Keith Van Horn and Andre Miller and got to the 1998 Final Four. On game day, he invited a friend to the pregame walk-through. When it ended, he called his players together and invited the friend to listen. Utah was about to play lightning-quick North Carolina in the national semifinals. Utah consisted of huge, slow guys and Miller, soon to be a superb pro guard. Majerus told his team the strategy was to rebound, make an outlet pass and go, because "we are quicker than they are." He said that, once they wore down North Carolina, Coach Bill Guthridge would have to call a timeout, go to a zone and then they had them.

The big, tall, slow Runnin' Utes looked at him as if he had finally lost his mind.

That night, Utah got the ball off the boards and ran. Soon, Guthridge called timeout and went to a zone. Majerus had been right. He just hadn't been specific. What he meant was that Miller, who took most of the outlet passes and dashed to the basket, was quicker than North Carolina.

more here http://articles.latimes.com/2012/dec/02/sports/la-sp-1202-dwyre-rick-majerus-20121202

Not worried. Our guards are studs. I see Cory Remekun getting 2-3 press breaker handoff dunks off of this "Havoc" sh!t. Anyone can name their defense. I'm going to call SLU's defense SPOGWAD. Sh!t Pants Oh God Wash Ass Defense.

Oh. And I don't know if I'd brag about this footage as a perfectly sprung trap. Looks like back to back NO DOUBT FOULS right in front of TWO officials. If I'm the guy that got molested on that play, I get thrown out of the game, trying to fight everyone on that side of the floor. WTF.

130211.04.gif

I'd like to see that first guy try that on Jordair. He'd end up in the third row.

I would be more worried if this game was earlier in the season and we hadn't already faced two teams that press all game. Savannah State and UMass should have prepared us pretty well.

What's done is done; I screwed us by overlooking Charlotte. Not that it much matters, Richmond already exposed us.

Now, can we focus on VCU already?

73622090_display_image.jpg?1300134388

I'd prefer you expose her...did I just say that out loud? Oops.

Jay Bilas was talking about this on PTI the other day. Basically made the same point you are. He also pointed out that the increased number of charges called, leading to offensive fouls, is really hurting the game. Can't say that I disagree with him on that point (regardless of how good Cody is at taking charges.)

The problem is that so many of these refs call blocking fouls when someone comes within a mile of the offensive player. LET THE KIDS PLAY!!!!!

Don't show this to WP Jim today. He's still all worked up about those other pics. If he sees this he'll have a coronary. She's definitely all conference first team.
VCU_Pom_girl.jpg

that's outstanding, but seriously, was she just getting stir crazy and went to VCU to get her paralegal degree? she's a slampiece for sure, w/ some real ***** thickness. but i'm surprised there's no visible c-section scar. looks 35. maybe i'm just getting used to the anemic waifs that parade themselves around these days looking like hermione's afterbirth.

that's outstanding, but seriously, was she just getting stir crazy and went to VCU to get her paralegal degree? she's a slampiece for sure, w/ some real ***** thickness. but i'm surprised there's no visible c-section scar. looks 35. maybe i'm just getting used to the anemic waifs that parade themselves around these days looking like hermione's afterbirth.

I'm guessing VCU's recruiting dance team members from the local Crazy Horse or Dixie Belles.

What I notice... about the review of VCU's havoc is that the article spotlights what VCU does against lousy teams. The Bills will be better prepared for their press and will make them pay. Moreover, VCU won't get to press as often because they will be missing shots. They may be able to press a bit early in the game because the Bills will be inbounding the ball after picking up a charge, but by the second media timeout they'll have to adjust their layup-driven attack so they don't foul out all of their guards. Once it becomes a predominately half-court war, SLU will wear them down and win by double digits.

What I notice... about the review of VCU's havoc is that the article spotlights what VCU does against lousy teams. The Bills will be better prepared for their press and will make them pay. Moreover, VCU won't get to press as often because they will be missing shots. They may be able to press a bit early in the game because the Bills will be inbounding the ball after picking up a charge, but by the second media timeout they'll have to adjust their layup-driven attack so they don't foul out all of their guards. Once it becomes a predominately half-court war, SLU will wear them down and win by double digits.

Nice.......

'Like the way you think!

FYI: On the Chaifetz ticket website, for the $12, $20, and $32 price ranges only single tickets are available for the VCU game. Groups of tickets are still available in the $40 price range.

As far as I can tell the 1/2 price tickets for VCU in the $20 and $32 are still available via the StlToday.com deal. I would assume they would remove the game from the list if these were sold out.

Dude, how do you come up with this stuff? Real ***** thickness? I laugh everytime I read this......