What kind of Crowd on Thursday night

eastsidejoe

The game Thursday night looks like a sellout. Hopefully the older fans will not sit on their hands and not complain about fans standing. This is a very big game for us. I expect the Corral to be in full force, the student section bursting from the seems and the usual casual folks joing in with the cheering. Maybe the Backhand will show up with his brother and maybe Dirty will be there with his dad. The whole point is lets blow this Arena up with noise and not wait until there is 3 minutes to go in the game to do so. Everone feels we belong in the new league, then let's show how fwe really feel about our team and support them to the utmost, I'm just sayin., everyone bring it with them on Thursday nigh, and yes Pistol we will miss you.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any ideas or suggestions for the student section are welcome. Let me know on here and I'll try to make it happen.

First of all trying to come up with new ways to distract shooters on free throws and stuff. Would like to lose the balloons because students stop clapping and cheering and start making balloon shapes with their fans, but I haven't had any luck in getting rid of those in my 4 years.

Also, looking for something specific to Butler. A couple years ago we blew up a picture of some dude from Temple (Lavoy Allen maybe?) after he tweeted a picture of him going tanning. Looking for ways to get in their heads.

Also just any other random ideas you would have that would be cool, fun, distracting, unique, loud, etc. We're going to have 1000+ students each of these next 2 games. We really want to create a tough environment for opposing teams and this is a good week to get some things going.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="tarheelbilliken" data-cid="338290" data-time="1359332879"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="pretty_ricky" data-cid="338279" data-time="1359327171"><p>hopefully fans will come early to get settled in and take advantage of those happy hour beers. loosen up a little</p></blockquote>

<br />

what are the hours of happy hour? :rolleyes:</p></blockquote>

From time door opens until 30 minutes prior to tip off

hopefully fans will come early to get settled in and take advantage of those happy hour beers. loosen up a little

what are the hours of happy hour? :rolleyes:

The 2 dollar beers (and 2 dollar nachos) are from when the doors open till one half hour before tip. I think the doors open 2 hours before tip. Someone correct me if that is wrong.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="eastsidejoe" data-cid="338276" data-time="1359326174"><p>

The game Thursday night looks like a sellout. Hopefully the older fans will not sit on their hands and not complain about fans standing. This is a very big game for us. I expect the Corral to be in full force, the student section bursting from the seems and the usual casual folks joing in with the cheering. Maybe the Backhand will show up with his brother and maybe Dirty will be there with his dad. The whole point is lets blow this Arena up with noise and not wait until there is 3 minutes to go in the game to do so. Everone feels we belong in the new league, then let's show how fwe really feel about our team and support them to the utmost, I'm just sayin., everyone bring it with them on Thursday nigh, and yes Pistol we will miss you.</p></blockquote>

Not sure it's the old farts but rather the fans sitting in the primo seats who are sitting on their hands.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="eastsidejoe" data-cid="338276" data-time="1359326174"><p>

Not sure it's the old farts but rather the fans sitting in the primo seats who are sitting on their hands.

There are plenty of people in the primo seats that stand and yell. It is definitely getting better. Heck, just a few years ago we were all astounded when the students filled the student section at a big game. Now, during conference season, they are seriously overflowing the student section on a pretty regular basis.

Any ideas or suggestions for the student section are welcome. Let me know on here and I'll try to make it happen.

First of all trying to come up with new ways to distract shooters on free throws and stuff. Would like to lose the balloons because students stop clapping and cheering and start making balloon shapes with their fans, but I haven't had any luck in getting rid of those in my 4 years.

Also, looking for something specific to Butler. A couple years ago we blew up a picture of some dude from Temple (Lavoy Allen maybe?) after he tweeted a picture of him going tanning. Looking for ways to get in their heads.

Also just any other random ideas you would have that would be cool, fun, distracting, unique, loud, etc. We're going to have 1000+ students each of these next 2 games. We really want to create a tough environment for opposing teams and this is a good week to get some things going.

I've always thought that any of the signs worked best. I know some of them are starting to look a little tired but some new flashy signs would be legit

Doesn't Rotnei's sister play volleyball for SLU? Seems like if you wanted to play dirty you could probably work with that, but you would have to walk a fine line not offending his sister as well.

Doesn't Rotnei's sister play volleyball for SLU? Seems like if you wanted to play dirty you could probably work with that, but you would have to walk a fine line not offending his sister as well.

Yeah figured we should stay away from that

Yeah figured we should stay away from that

If you wanted to just be funny and not necessarily mean, you could make a sign that says something like "Hey Rotnei, your sister digs balls at SLU" or some other volleyball type pun that sounds dirty, but is really not. I suppose that might be taken the wrong way though and it might be best just to stay away.

If you wanted to just be funny and not necessarily mean, you could make a sign that says something like "Hey Rotnei, your sister digs balls at SLU" or some other volleyball type pun that sounds dirty, but is really not. I suppose that might be taken the wrong way though and it might be best just to stay away.

You would probably have to know Rotnei's sister and know how she would react to such a sign (if she would just find it funny or be offended), in order to make sure it was okay to do.

You would probably have to know Rotnei's sister and know how she would react to such a sign (if she would just find it funny or be offended), in order to make sure it was okay to do.

Maybe someone not affiliated with the athletic department could do something like this but guys like me and 05 probably need to stay clear of anything like that. It is funny though.