Bills by 1 over St. Bon

The Wiz

Another nail biter.

We are still at B+....St. Bon has moved up to B-.

As you know, one of the stats I harp on is opp 3pt shooting %. This will be especially important in this game not only because it will be close but because the Bonnies are one of the best shooting 3 pt teams in the A-10...2nd only to Richmond. Stopping 1 extra 3 pointer could be the difference in the game. I think the magic number for this game will be to hold St. Bon to under 32% from beyond the arc.

Another nail biter.

As you know, one of the stats I harp on is opp 3pt shooting %. This will be especially important in this game not only because it will be close but because the Bonnies are one of the best shooting 3 pt teams in the A-10...2nd only to Richmond. Stopping 1 extra 3 pointer could be the difference in the game. I think the magic number for this game will be to hold St. Bon to under 32% from beyond the arc.

He's the Wiz and nobody beats him! Thanks, The Wiz.

Go Bills!

Another nail biter.

Go Bills!

bills win by 6 and the building actually falls down as we leave. all the bonnie bricks rattle critical welds loose.

Favored. Harbinger of doom. We are favored, on the road, against a team that just wiped the asses of two supposed creme de la creme A10 teams in their home courts in Philly while we gagged and choked our way through a split with two bottom-feeders. And the Bonnies are hot. Bad timing for us. Call me skeptical. Can't see it but hope to be proved wrong even if it's just to refill kshoe's ammo belt against me. Go Bills.

This is a really ugly weekend around the A10. Not only us at Olean, but Rhode Island at Fordham. Ugh 1.0. While trend tells me Fordham at home, Rhodey's game against us skews the binoculars a bit. In a toss up, I'm going with the team that beat us ... Rhode Island.

Charlotte at GeeDub --- ugh 2.0. Charlotte proved to me they could win at home by beating X. GeeDub has won two straight on the road (Umass (+) and Rhode Island (not so +) and had Temple in hand at the Smith Center. I'm going GeeDub.

Ugh 3.0. Duquesne at Dayton. Cake walk #2 for the Fryers? Of course, Duqesne came in just as bad last year and beat Dayton at home. Double dose? Highly doubt it. Dayton.

Temple at Butler. Butler off a loss. Temple not that good. Barely squeaked by Penn at home and lost to the Bonnies. Butler is mad. Is Rotnei Clarke back? Butler.

Xavier at St. Joe's. Xavier showed they might be inflated with loss at Charlotte. St. Joe's struggling, losing at home to the Bonnies. Still leaning towards banking on th ehome fires and road woes and going with St. Joe's in this one.

La Salle at VCU. Bubble burst. Nice while it lasted. VCU stays unbeaten.

Went four and three last night. Took it in the chops on one-point losses by both Butler and Rhode Island. Have VCU over Richmond tonight.

What you thinking, Mr. Wiz?

What I'm thinking is, if we don't start getting some 3s to start dropping we're in big f'ng trouble. It's not like our inside game is anything to write home about. And we've never played well at the big TeePee in Olean. I'm kind of hoping it get's snowed out, c'mon Lake effect, and we make it up later when we're shooting better.

Another nail biter.

Go Bills!

The Wiz has been dominated this year. Backhand ran his own program for this game and he has the Bills by 2.

I think the key to the game is keeping them from making more shots than us which includes 3 pointers because those are worth more than the 2 pointers.

Is this the first time we've ever played a televised game at Bonaventure? I don't recall ever seeing a game from there, and have no idea what their gym looks like.

Hopefully their duct work is as impressive as Duquesne's gym.

Like I said in the other thread, if I can figure out how to do it from my iPhone, I'll post photos occasionally in the GDT on Saturday. I think I'm in the first row behind section B, which is the section immediately behind the Billikens' bench. I'm sure B will be full of those boosters from the charter. I should have a pretty good vantage point. My impression is that it's kind of a glorified HS gym: http://gobonnies.sbu.edu/inside_athletics/facilities/Reilly-Center

We've never played well in those kind of places.

Is this the first time we've ever played a televised game at Bonaventure? I don't recall ever seeing a game from there, and have no idea what their gym looks like.

i didnt know they had tv's in olean.

I don't know about their sheet metal work, but i bet the support scaffolding on their bleachers are top notch.

It looks pretty similar to LaSalle, ST. John's, and Duquense. JC ought to bring them out there today and say, "CE and RL measure the floor. KM measure the basket height. See, fellas, it's a basketball court. No different than the Fetz's. So there's no reason to be intimidated."

larry72 is right on. Typical high school gym common among northeast schools of this nature. Wouldn't be surprised if Canisuis, Niagara, Binghampton, albany, Iona and other shave similar faciltities.

On the flip side, here's my high school gym: http://www.ctideboysbasketball.com/id6.html i think it puts some of these places to shame.

Favored. Harbinger of doom. We are favored, on the road, against a team that just wiped the asses of two supposed creme de la creme A10 teams in their home courts in Philly while we gagged and choked our way through a split with two bottom-feeders. And the Bonnies are hot. Bad timing for us. Call me skeptical. Can't see it but hope to be proved wrong even if it's just to refill kshoe's ammo belt against me. Go Bills.

This is a really ugly weekend around the A10. Not only us at Olean, but Rhode Island at Fordham. Ugh 1.0. While trend tells me Fordham at home, Rhodey's game against us skews the binoculars a bit. In a toss up, I'm going with the team that beat us ... Rhode Island.

Charlotte at GeeDub --- ugh 2.0. Charlotte proved to me they could win at home by beating X. GeeDub has won two straight on the road (Umass (+) and Rhode Island (not so +) and had Temple in hand at the Smith Center. I'm going GeeDub.

Ugh 3.0. Duquesne at Dayton. Cake walk #2 for the Fryers? Of course, Duqesne came in just as bad last year and beat Dayton at home. Double dose? Highly doubt it. Dayton.

Temple at Butler. Butler off a loss. Temple not that good. Barely squeaked by Penn at home and lost to the Bonnies. Butler is mad. Is Rotnei Clarke back? Butler.

Xavier at St. Joe's. Xavier showed they might be inflated with loss at Charlotte. St. Joe's struggling, losing at home to the Bonnies. Still leaning towards banking on th ehome fires and road woes and going with St. Joe's in this one.

La Salle at VCU. Bubble burst. Nice while it lasted. VCU stays unbeaten.

Went four and three last night. Took it in the chops on one-point losses by both Butler and Rhode Island. Have VCU over Richmond tonight.

What you thinking, Mr. Wiz?

OK Taj....here is what I have.........

RI by 4 over Ford....Ford gives it their best shot and falls short

GW by 3 over Char.....GW, another team like the Bonnies who have improved this year to B-

Day by 17 over Duq....we let the air out of Duq....a laffer for Day

St. J by 5 over X....The Hawks show what they are made of this weekend

But by 8 over Tem....Butler trying to stay ranked....looking for blood

VCU by double digits over LaS....I will get you the exact spread after tonight's VCU/Richmond game. VCU disposes a good Richmond team....btw in a different thread I mentioned Richmond as the number one 3 point shooting team in the A-10...If they get hot from the arc they have the ability to surprise VCU.

So Taj....it looks like we are pretty much in agreement for Sat games except the Bills.....probability of a Bills win ....51.5%.....hope you are wrong.....Go Bills

Aloha Billikens! The Atlantic 10 Champions and Keepers of the Western Gate come in peace !

Great win in over that mighty Parochial school power house in Pittsburg.

Word has it that after the Dukane game the Billikens snuck into Ottervillle under the cover of darkness and 5 below zero! They are safe and at a secret undisclosed location. This little trick out of the Dayton play-book isn't going to work. They are being well fed, tonight's dinner was the Moo-shu Muskrat with Kung-pao noodles (tastes just like chicken) - breakfast, lunch, dinner these boys are going to be in hog heaven! Plus RickMa's favorite "Beef on Wik" (we use road kill Deer, it tastes the same) On top of that they're getting those free Chocolate Chip cookies, heated swimming pool and a jacuzzie - hell they'll never what to go back to gang land.

This years Bonnie team has lost its MoJo. I wouldn't put anything into the fact they just beat Temple and St Joes in Philly. Neither one are up to their old standard of play. With the Bonnies now way over confident and SLU well rested - well feed and comfortable in Olean they should win by 20-26 points. Unless you can't make your 3's and have no down low inside game, then the outcome might change.

BROWN INDIANS FOREVER

Reilly is not that bad. I've been to 3 games there as a friend of mine was stationed in upstate NY. Its nothing to brag about but markedly better than what the small NE schools generally offer. As far as the A10 goes I bet they are in the top half for facilities and atmosphere. Much nicer than LaSalle, St Joes, Fordham, Duquesne and the like.

Aloha Billikens! The Atlantic 10 Champions and Keepers of the Western Gate come in peace !

Great win in over that mighty Parochial school power house in Pittsburg.

Word has it that after the Dukane game the Billikens snuck into Ottervillle under the cover of darkness and 5 below zero! They are safe and at a secret undisclosed location. This little trick out of the Dayton play-book isn't going to work. They are being well fed, tonight's dinner was the Moo-shu Muskrat with Kung-pao noodles (tastes just like chicken) - breakfast, lunch, dinner these boys are going to be in hog heaven! Plus RickMa's favorite "Beef on Wik" (we use road kill Deer, it tastes the same) On top of that they're getting those free Chocolate Chip cookies, heated swimming pool and a jacuzzie - hell they'll never what to go back to gang land.

This years Bonnie team has lost its MoJo. I wouldn't put anything into the fact they just beat Temple and St Joes in Philly. Neither one are up to their old standard of play. With the Bonnies now way over confident and SLU well rested - well feed and comfortable in Olean they should win by 20-26 points. Unless you can't make your 3's and have no down low inside game, then the outcome might change.

BROWN INDIANS FOREVER

He never fails to disappoint. So nice to have certain constants in life.

I really enjoy the conference champion title used by a team that won the conference tournament and not the conference.

It is actually probably the right way to do it when every team plays an unbalanced schedule.

But the tournament seeding is based on the unbalanced schedule results which then produces a completely unbalanced schedule in the tournament as a result...

I really enjoy the conference champion title used by a team that won the conference tournament and not the conference.

It is actually probably the right way to do it when every team plays an unbalanced schedule.

But the tournament seeding is based on the unbalanced schedule results which then produces a completely unbalanced schedule in the tournament as a result...

I say we just give the title to Dayton every year just like their fans do every October.