New C7 Board

NJRedMan

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BAB does not have posting privileges on that Board, am not a member of the club.

Doesn't have posting privileges?!! What a joke!!! That board is a disgrace to the C7, as well as Catholicism, in general. The Pope has already disavowed it!

Bottom line: It's a 12 team league. The Billikens are in. So is Dayton. VCU was never mentioned in any meeting even remotely related to this new league. Neither was Witchita St... and Butler, for that matter, better get religion real soon!

Harry Statham is a neat guy. He's also quite the basketball coach.

He has a great NAIA record, but the transition to Division II has been slow. They were blown out by Missouri State of course, but they also nearly lost to an average Division III MacMurray squad at home.

He has a great NAIA record, but the transition to Division II has been slow. They were blown out by Missouri State of course, but they also nearly lost to an average Division III MacMurray squad at home.

Yeah, kinda saw that coming. The AMC was a fun game to watch. Defense was something of an afterthought.

only lost by 18 in Springvegas. Not exactly the best D1 team, but kept it respectable. They've had more trouble with good D2 teams like Bellarmine than they had with MO St. They're young, kind of a similar team to a Sodie Billikens team. A lot of blue collar guys, and a couple of quick guards who can't shoot. The difference is a lack of a Lisch or Liddell.

I did some Creighton questioning on the new C7 Board. Couldn't help myself on a popular string entitled "Can We All Agree On Butler, Xavier, and Creighton." I like the idea of being in the new conference with Creighton, but hate the idea of not getting in if they do. Here was my post:

"Someone at one of the C7 schools needs to explain to me the fascination with Creighton. I have followed the Missouri Valley Conference for years. The one thing that is a constant in Valley is the consistent turnover at the top.

There have been years, many of them, when Southern Illinois was the powerhouse team in the Valley (see the 90's). Missouri State was the top team for periods of time (won league in 05-06 & 04-05). Heck, even Bradley, Drake (won league in 07-08 & 06-07), and Northern Iowa have led the conference during certain years. Recently, Wichita State has had a lot of success. Currently, Creighton is the flavor of the month.

Before I get to my question of the C7 supporters, here are some statistics on Creighton. Between the 03-04 season and the 10-11 season (8 seasons) Creighton only finished in the top two teams in the Missouri Valley one time. I repeat, ONE TIME. This was in 08-09 when they won the league. During this time Wichita State won the league 3 times, Drake twice, and Missouri State twice. Bradley came in second 3 times, Southern Illinois twice, Missouri State once, Illinois State once, and Northern Iowa once.

Here are my questions to C7 schools: What if you were picking schools back when Southern Illinois was at the top of the Missouri Valley and consistently ranked in the top 25? Would you be happy being partnered with that school now? What if you had been choosing new schools to conference with at the end of the, let's say, 07-08 season and you grabbed repeat Missouri Valley Conference champion Drake? Would you be glad that you now had Drake in your conference? Would you be happy if you had Missouri State, or Northern Iowa, or Bradley, or Wichita State?

You should all carefully consider the history of the Missouri Valley before pulling a team into your new conference. In a few years you will probably have what Southern Illinois (among other examples as cited above) is doing now."

I did some Creighton questioning on the new C7 Board. Couldn't help myself on a popular string entitled "Can We All Agree On Butler, Xavier, and Creighton." I like the idea of being in the new conference with Creighton, but hate the idea of not getting in if they do. Here was my post:

Part of what sucks about conference realignment is that with at most 5 spots to fill and 6-7 teams that feel they are good enough to fill them, we all feel the need to bash teams that we otherwise respect or would love to be a part of a conference with. I'd love to play a home and home or be in the new C7 with Creighton but we sure as hell don't want them taking our slot. Same goes for Butler, VCU, Dayton, etc. It is what it is I guess.

I would love being in the conference with Creighton as well, but its dog eat dog at this point.

Also, I am happy to report that my post made some Creighton honk so mad that he replied with a post of his own that was complete with several photographs of their soccer facility, their baseball facility, and a shot from one of their women's basketball games.

"Someone at one of the C7 schools needs to explain to me the fascination with Creighton. I have followed the Missouri Valley Conference for years. The one thing that is a constant in Valley is the consistent turnover at the top.

There have been years, many of them, when Southern Illinois was the powerhouse team in the Valley (see the 90's). Missouri State was the top team for periods of time (won league in 05-06 & 04-05). Heck, even Bradley, Drake (won league in 07-08 & 06-07), and Northern Iowa have led the conference during certain years. Recently, Wichita State has had a lot of success. Currently, Creighton is the flavor of the month.

Before I get to my question of the C7 supporters, here are some statistics on Creighton. Between the 03-04 season and the 10-11 season (8 seasons) Creighton only finished in the top two teams in the Missouri Valley one time. I repeat, ONE TIME. This was in 08-09 when they won the league. During this time Wichita State won the league 3 times, Drake twice, and Missouri State twice. Bradley came in second 3 times, Southern Illinois twice, Missouri State once, Illinois State once, and Northern Iowa once.

Here are my questions to C7 schools: What if you were picking schools back when Southern Illinois was at the top of the Missouri Valley and consistently ranked in the top 25? Would you be happy being partnered with that school now? What if you had been choosing new schools to conference with at the end of the, let's say, 07-08 season and you grabbed repeat Missouri Valley Conference champion Drake? Would you be glad that you now had Drake in your conference? Would you be happy if you had Missouri State, or Northern Iowa, or Bradley, or Wichita State?

You should all carefully consider the history of the Missouri Valley before pulling a team into your new conference. In a few years you will probably have what Southern Illinois (among other examples as cited above) is doing now."

-can't a lot of these points be made against SLU?

-can't a lot of these points be made against SLU?

The main difference between Creighton and SLU is that SLU is in the St. Louis media market while Creighton is in Omaha. cgeldmacher's post highlights that other differences are fleeting. That is why SLU should appeal to the C7 more than Creighton.

The main difference between Creighton and SLU is that SLU is in the St. Louis media market while Creighton is in Omaha. cgeldmacher's post highlights that other differences are fleeting. That is why SLU should appeal to the C7 more than Creighton.

-I agree the tv market should fall in our corner but that was not addressed in the post

Looking at the remaining schools left in the Big East, I doubt they want to keep it in Madison Square Garden, so that maybe be a possibility with all the C7 schools within a easy 4 hour max drive from the Garden.

I am sure the Barclay Ctr is tied up in at least a 5 year contract with the A10.

Where would the C7 Conference Tournament be?

I think it would work out well to do the opposite of wherever the Big Ten is that year. currently the Big Ten alternates between the United Center in Chicago and whatever Conseco Fieldhouse in Indianapolis is currently called. That is actually probably too far west for the East C7 schools. What about Columbus every year? Relive the the 2012 Tournament weekend?

I just looked at the C7 board for the first time in weeks. It reminded me that everyone on that board thinks their team should be in, if not one of the C7. Even if they are a MVC team (Wichita St.), a huge public school from Richmond (VCU) and that other Jesuit schools west of SLU are better fits because of their national recognition (Creighton & Gonazaga), forget travel costs. It's time to sit back and enjoy this season and ignore the idiotic speculation. We are positioned to be fine in the future, enough of reading the idiot C7 board for awhile...

I just looked at the C7 board for the first time in weeks. It reminded me that everyone on that board thinks their team should be in, if not one of the C7. Even if they are a MVC team (Wichita St.), a huge public school from Richmond (VCU) and that other Jesuit schools west of SLU are better fits because of their national recognition (Creighton & Gonazaga), forget travel costs. It's time to sit back and enjoy this season and ignore the idiotic speculation. We are positioned to be fine in the future, enough of reading the idiot C7 board for awhile...

A thousand up votes! ONE THOUSAND UP VOTES TO YOU SIR!

This is quite literally the best thing said about this situation yet. Win. Win. Win. This Season. Its all we should be thinking about. None of this will happen until this off season.

A thousand up votes! ONE THOUSAND UP VOTES TO YOU SIR!

This is quite literally the best thing said about this situation yet. Win. Win. Win. This Season. Its all we should be thinking about. None of this will happen until this off season.

We'll worry about all of that after we cut down a few nets later this year. No biggie.