New C7 Board

NJRedMan

What a bunch of over inflated views of reality. The C7, with the exception of Marquette, Georgetown and Villanova, have zero relevance at the moment or in recent memory. Providence, Seton Hall, St. John's and DePaul are worse than any of the schools under consideration.

One thing is certain...Fox or whatever broadcast partner gets the rights will be doing a large amount of the dictating as to who gets in.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a bunch of over inflated views of reality. The C7, with the exception of Marquette, Georgetown and Villanova, have zero relevance at the moment or in recent memory. Providence, Seton Hall, St. John's and DePaul are worse than any of the schools under consideration.

One thing is certain...Fox or whatever broadcast partner gets the rights will be doing a large amount of the dictating as to who gets in.

I was referring to the new C7 board if it wasn't clear. No over inflated views here :)

Here is my debut post:

As you will be hearing from a lot more of us in the coming weeks, I wanted to make a few things clear:
1. The school is called Saint Louis University. SLU is acceptable as well. It is ok to refer to the city as St. Louis, but not the University.
2. Anyone who is doubting whether or not we are "worthy" of this new conference, must either be from one of the schools that is competing for a spot against us or from one of the dregs of the C7.

Let's get real here. You know you want us. We bring the facilities, institutional pedigree, and media market size/share that is sorely lacking from both a number of candidates, and frankly, a number of current members.

I know the university presidents (not internet posters) who will be making this decision understands this. And I'm willing to bet that they don't see anybody, including our less-established Jesuit brothers in Cincinnati at X as being a better candidate for this new conference. So enjoy bringing us into the fold. Come visit the Chaifetz Arena when your team comes to town and we might just buy you a beer (yes, we serve at our beautiful facility). But if you think for one minute that we can't hang, just ask the other teams being considered, because we've beaten everyone of them in the last 13 months, with exception of VCU (whose beat-down is but weeks away), and Creighton.

Here is my debut post:

As you will be hearing from a lot more of us in the coming weeks, I wanted to make a few things clear:

1. The school is called Saint Louis University. SLU is acceptable as well. It is ok to refer to the city as St. Louis, but not the University.

2. Anyone who is doubting whether or not we are "worthy" of this new conference, must either be from one of the schools that is competing for a spot against us or from one of the dregs of the C7.

Let's get real here. You know you want us. We bring the facilities, institutional pedigree, and media market size/share that is sorely lacking from both a number of candidates, and frankly, a number of current members.

I know the university presidents (not internet posters) who will be making this decision understands this. And I'm willing to bet that they don't see anybody, including our less-established Jesuit brothers in Cincinnati at X as being a better candidate for this new conference. So enjoy bringing us into the fold. Come visit the Chaifetz Arena when your team comes to town and we might just buy you a beer (yes, we serve at our beautiful facility). But if you think for one minute that we can't hang, just ask the other teams being considered, because we've beaten everyone of them in the last 13 months, with exception of VCU (whose beat-down is but weeks away), and Creighton.

Nothing like a sheat talking post that also includes a little bit of grammar/spelling police in it to foster a good message board debate...

Since 1990, Depaul has been to the tourney 4 times, providence has been 5 times, Seton Hall has been 7 times.

Since 1990, SLU has been to the tourney 5 times.

Since 1990, Dayton has been to the tourney 5 times.

That one particular poster wants to focus on the last 30-50 years, but that is ridiculous in my mind. If we're going to do that, might as well include SLU's 1948 national championship.

I'd rather focus on the last 20 or so years and project how things look for the next 20 or so.

Since 1990, Depaul has been to the tourney 4 times, providence has been 5 times, Seton Hall has been 7 times.

Since 1990, SLU has been to the tourney 5 times.

Since 1990, Dayton has been to the tourney 5 times.

That one particular poster wants to focus on the last 30-50 years, but that is ridiculous in my mind. If we're going to do that, might as well include SLU's 1948 national championship.

I'd rather focus on the last 20 or so years and project how things look for the next 20 or so.

I assume the guy who is talking about 30-50 years ago is a St John's fan.

Hey Bobby, you should go hit that C7 board with twenty aliases and start arguing with yourself and use your horrific talents for some good. As long as is doesn't spillover to this board it'd be ok.......

I'm not sure if that's a compliment or a complaint, but I'm good. Thanks, though. Steve was nice enough to let me back in the sandbox, so I'm trying to play nice and root for the Bills.

While not really a valid argument, there is little doubt that if the roles were reversed and the A-10 was looking to add 3-5 schools from the C7 you'd be hard pressed to convince me that Providence, Seton Hall and DePaul would be worth adding. It's just baffling to me the arrogance that some of those posters have about who is "worthy" of being added when the reality is only Georgetown, Marquette and Villanova (whos slipping) have any sort of a "brand name" right now.

I'm not sure if that's a compliment or a complaint, but I'm good. Thanks, though. Steve was nice enough to let me back in the sandbox, so I'm trying to play nice and root for the Bills.

All of the above plus a modicum of grudging respect. I'm just saying, I don't think Steve would mind if you used your evil powers for a good cause.....elsewhere

All of the above plus a modicum of grudging respect. I'm just saying, I don't think Steve would mind if you used your evil powers for a good cause.....elsewhere

I've taken my foot off the gas pedal as far as that goes. I'll go to war every once and a while if it's for a good cause. But hell, war is hell. I'm not here to stir the pot anymore.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="kappy96" data-cid="340481" data-time="1360082816"><p>

While not really a valid argument, there is little doubt that if the roles were reversed and the A-10 was looking to add 3-5 schools from the C7 you'd be hard pressed to convince me that Providence, Seton Hall and DePaul would be worth adding. It's just baffling to me the arrogance that some of those posters have about who is "worthy" of being added when the reality is only Georgetown, Marquette and Villanova (whos slipping) have any sort of a "brand name" right now. </p></blockquote>

Absent all other realignment activity, the A10 would add DePaul in a second if it could. It would be all about exposure to the Chicago media market. The same applies to the C7. On the court performance is very much secondary.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="kappy96" data-cid="340481" data-time="1360082816"><p>

While not really a valid argument, there is little doubt that if the roles were reversed and the A-10 was looking to add 3-5 schools from the C7 you'd be hard pressed to convince me that Providence, Seton Hall and DePaul would be worth adding. It's just baffling to me the arrogance that some of those posters have about who is "worthy" of being added when the reality is only Georgetown, Marquette and Villanova (whos slipping) have any sort of a "brand name" right now. </p></blockquote>

Absent all other realignment activity, the A10 would add DePaul in a second if it could. It would be all about exposure to the Chicago media market. The same applies to the C7. On the court performance is very much secondary.

I think most rational and logical minds would agree that media market is a MAJOR factor in who will get in because of the distribution it will provide for the broadcast partner. My point, which wasn't well made I guess, is that flipping the arguments that the loons on the C7 board are using against SLU (we are irrelevant in basketball) could easily be made against the majority of the C7 if the roles were reversed.

BTW: for those that missed it today Andy Katz is back to saying that the C7 may only add 3 and that Georgetown is pushing for Richmond.

I guess this makes sense from a travel perspective (Richmond being only an hour and a half away)? Or a potential 1-AA football conference? Who knows...

it also might be a matter that they need an eastern school to balance a two conference set up. look at the players rumored to be considered, on the eastern side, you have villanova, st johns, seton hall, georgetown and providence. on the west side, they have marquette, depaul, x, butler, and then creighton, slu, dayton? someone has to go east. thus substitute richmond or vcu for one of slu, creighton or dayton.