Any news on where Carter is transferring?

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Early speculation from those close to the program was Illinois. I have not heard anything in the last couple weeks, though.

seriously? that would surprise me.

He's close with Jabari Parker so my guess is he's taking a Dook on us to head to Durham as a packaged deal.

THAT would really shock me! you all sure must have seen more in his game than i saw. i was thinking our old pal porter would throw him a bone.

THAT would really shock me! you all sure must have seen more in his game than i saw. i was thinking our old pal porter would throw him a bone.

I think he will go higher than Loyola, but not much. Probably somewhere like Illinois St., maybe DePaul. It will likely be close to the Chicago area.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="billiken_roy" data-cid="334343" data-time="1357166997"><p>

<br />

<br />

THAT would really shock me! you all sure must have seen more in his game than i saw. i was thinking our old pal porter would throw him a bone. </p></blockquote>

He is not allowed to go to Loyola.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="kmbilliken" data-cid="334357" data-time="1357169173"><p>

He should either go to juco to prove himself or take a step down. He hasn't shown anything that would warrant a step up.</p></blockquote>

He played like 15 min here

And thats 14 min more than KMBilliken needs to assess a player.

Early speculation from those close to the program was Illinois. I have not heard anything in the last couple weeks, though.

seriously? that would surprise me.

Why? Do you think Carter is not good enough to play for the Illini? He was the second rated senior in the state of Illinois. Freakin' Trent Meachem played for the Illini. Tyler Griffey is getting a lot of minutes there. Do you think our other guards - KM, MM and JJ would be good enough to play for the Illini?

Does anyone know why he left?

Was it Crews?

Was he only committed playing for Majerus?

Was it grades? Was the end of the semester.

Didn't get along with his travel room mate?

Since he played in couple games, he gave up a year of eligibility, so I would thought it would have been best if he stuck it out. With KM rehabilitating, he might have gotten 10-15 minutes. If he produced certainly would made made him more marketable for a transfer after the Spring semester to a upper level D1 school. He is going to be out of any real basketball for a year. No place to work out and no real competition. Now, I have to agree with Roy, I don't think ILL would take him or even a DePaul. They are not going to want a poor student or a head case.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="tarheelbilliken" data-cid="334425" data-time="1357230514"><p>

Does anyone know why he left?<br />

Was it Crews?<br />

Was he only committed playing for Majerus?<br />

Was it grades? Was the end of the semester.<br />

Didn't get along with his travel room mate?<br />

<br />

Since he played in couple games, he gave up a year of eligibility, so I would thought it would have been best if he stuck it out. With KM rehabilitating, he might have gotten 10-15 minutes. If he produced certainly would made made him more marketable for a transfer after the Spring semester to a upper level D1 school. He is going to be out of any real basketball for a year. No place to work out and no real competition. Now, I have to agree with Roy, I don't think ILL would take him or even a DePaul. They are not going to want a poor student or a head case.</p></blockquote>

Best case scenario: was hurt - wasn't gonna play, knew km was returning - wasn't gonna play in conf games, mcbroom eats his lunch every day in practice - wasn't gonna play next year

Most likely case - he doesn't want to work/play defense

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="JeffinMH" data-cid="334436" data-time="1357234547"><p>

I heard he wanted to redshirt but I guess the coaches didn't give it to him. The rumor that he thought he came back to early. It sounds very strange to me.</p></blockquote>

I have no inside information but this is what I think happened...KC came here to play for Majerus. When he found out Majerus would not be coaching his plan was to redshirt this year and then transfer so he would have four years at his new school.

When the option of redshirting was gone he decided to transfer now to start the rerecruiting process earlier.

He could of played the rest of the year but in my mind there wad no way he was coming nack to SLU next year. His mind was made up from day one of practice.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="JeffinMH" data-cid="334436" data-time="1357234547"><p>

I heard he wanted to redshirt but I guess the coaches didn't give it to him. The rumor that he thought he came back to early. It sounds very strange to me.</p></blockquote>

I have no inside information but this is what I think happened...KC came here to play for Majerus. When he found out Majerus would not be coaching his plan was to redshirt this year and then transfer so he would have four years at his new school.

When the option of redshirting was gone he decided to transfer now to start the rerecruiting process earlier.

He could of played the rest of the year but in my mind there wad no way he was coming nack to SLU next year. His mind was made up from day one of practice.

Makes a lot of sense.

He was heavily recruited by Harriman and then really sold on SLU by Majerus. Once he got to campus and neither one was here his attitude changed. Not sure why he didn't want to stay, though, because by all measures, the current roster is full of great kids that encourage all of their teammates, plus the staff is experienced and have the same philosophy as Majerus.

Oh well, I hope he does well wherever he lands.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="tarheelbilliken" data-cid="334425" data-time="1357230514"><p>

Does anyone know why he left?<br />

Was it Crews?<br />

Was he only committed playing for Majerus?<br />

Was it grades? Was the end of the semester.<br />

Didn't get along with his travel room mate?<br />

<br />

Since he played in couple games, he gave up a year of eligibility, so I would thought it would have been best if he stuck it out. With KM rehabilitating, he might have gotten 10-15 minutes. If he produced certainly would made made him more marketable for a transfer after the Spring semester to a upper level D1 school. He is going to be out of any real basketball for a year. No place to work out and no real competition. Now, I have to agree with Roy, I don't think ILL would take him or even a DePaul. They are not going to want a poor student or a head case.</p></blockquote>

He came here for Majerus. Since Majerus was no longer coaching, he and his family wanted to go elsewhere. Also the coaching uncertainty we are currently having didn't help.

I gather transfer rules say he will have to sit out the first half of next year. Am assuming he stayed long enough to get his first semester credits, so there wouldn't be any eligibility issues. I have no idea why he left but the timing seems to support that he might have enrolled thinking RM was going to survive his illness and would return. We all know that was a longshot, but we don't know what SLU people were telling him. So, RM passes, and he says he's the reason I came here in the first place, so it's hasta la vista baby.

Second best player in IL and Chicago especially indicates he can play for the Illini or just about any BCS school that isn't loaded w/ incoming 4 and 5 stars. Too bad since RM was sooo high on the kid.

just FYI to a few of you:

KC does not lose a full year of eligibility; he can transfer and play in January 2014, I believe.

I also disagree with some of the evaluations -- he'll do well wherever he ends up, I think. The Big Ten is pretty stacked this year, but I think it's safe to say many programs would welcome him. I'll stand by Coach RM's original talking points. I also think that anyone at the NM game the other day should try to remember what Cory Remekun looked like as a freshman (i.e. helpless out there). Carter will be a very nice upperclassmen for someone.