Bills by 3 1/2 over New Mex

The Wiz

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="AlphaOne" data-cid="333876" data-time="1356978825"><p>

You're absolutely right. 13-1 with wins over 10-2 UConn and 12-1 Cincinnati definitely don't warrant a top 25 ranking. How silly of me to assume otherwise.<br />

<br />

I guess Wiz's calculations are spot on.</p></blockquote>

How does a loss to 9-3 Saint Louis University factor into those rankings?

The good news is this will be a good loss for you at the end of the year.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're absolutely right. 13-1 with wins over 10-2 UConn and 12-1 Cincinnati definitely don't warrant a top 25 ranking. How silly of me to assume otherwise.

I guess Wiz's calculations are spot on.

Dude you don't get it...he's not making a value judgement he is using an algorithm that generates the ranking system. Let me put this another way in case your the simpleton I think you are; he's using one of those computers.

You're absolutely right. 13-1 with wins over 10-2 UConn and 12-1 Cincinnati definitely don't warrant a top 25 ranking. How silly of me to assume otherwise.

I guess Wiz's calculations are spot on.

A top 25 rating in a voting poll on Dec 31 means nothing going into tonight or at the end of the season. About the only thing it will get you is being a four point underdog tonight. Enjoy the watching your dogs lose tonight.

wolf_dead_insnow1.jpg

Dude you don't get it...he's not making a value judgement he is using an algorithm that generates the ranking system. Let me put this another way in case your the simpleton I think you are; he's using one of those computers.

Hence why I said "Wiz's calculations". Obviously reading comprehension isn't your strength. Also it's "you're", not "your" when using the contraction for "you are".

Any type of ranking system or algorithm that doesn't have a team with our resume ranked is probably seriously flawed and doesn't deserve much credit.

Hence why I said "Wiz's calculations". Obviously reading comprehension isn't your strength. Also it's "you're", not "your" when using the contraction for "you are".

Any type of ranking system or algorithm that doesn't have a team with our resume ranked is probably seriously flawed and doesn't deserve much credit.

Easy, friend.

Kwyjibo posted the three best computer ranking systems and none of them have NM as a top 25 team. Don't get me wrong, if SLU had your resume I'm sure most posters would be clamoring that we were a top 25 team. But the numbers are the numbers and based on the numbers, y'all are not.

That said, clearly the writers seem to disagree as they have you ranked 20th in the latest poll.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="AlphaOne" data-cid="333889" data-time="1356981819"><p>

Well I'll take the only numbers that matter at this point in the season, the polls. You guys can have your computer rankings.</p></blockquote>

I wish NM was ranked #1.

Were going to beat you like Pierre Pierce beats his girlfriend. This time Alford won't be able to cover it up.

I've never seen a fan base have as much trouble quoting posts or just have this amount of general message board function ineptitude as this one. I hope for your guys' sake that the Billikens are better at basketball than the Billiken fans are at posting on the internets.

The quote function is malfunctioning you . Nice dig though. Really hurt.

I've never seen a fan base have as much trouble quoting posts or just have this amount of general message board function ineptitude as this one. I hope for your guys' sake that the Billikens are better at basketball than the Billiken fans are at posting on the internets.
The quote function is malfunctioning you . Nice dig though. Really hurt.

Feel free to go back to correcting grammar on your own site, too, chief.

You could start here: http://thelobolair.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41110&p=526221&viewfull=1#post526221

Then you could go here: http://thelobolair.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41110&p=526228&viewfull=1#post526228

After that you could go here: http://thelobolair.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41110&p=526231&viewfull=1#post526231

The neat thing is those are three consecutive posts in the same thread with UNM fans talking like cavemen.

grammarnaziinvalidargument.jpg

OK billikenboard posters get on the phones call up all those other ranking systems this dude has a point. Who has KenPom's #? Box? Give him a call. Tell him to change their programs until UNM is in the top 25.

PS: Sorry for calling you a simpleton, I didn't consider that you maybe a 12 year old child playing with your new chromebook. Thanks for visiting bro.

lol at "not having us as a top 25 team". Not sure if trolling or you're just new to this whole college basketball thing. We're 13-1 against a top 20 SOS, with two wins over ranked teams, including a top ten team on the road. I don't know what your criteria is for a team deserving to be ranked, but I'd be extremely interested to see what you would consider worthy.

Hmmm.......

Well I have the Lobos rated 46. I kept trying to work the numbers to push you higher but it just wouldn't work..... Every time I tried to push them higher it kept rejecting,,,,It said see S Dak St.. I was very disappointed that you came in at 46. I was hoping for top 20 , It is worth so much more to us when we beat a top team. Much to my relief (and yours) the writers came through with a top 20 ranking. Thank god those writers don't pay attention to numbers much. So it all works out ...you get your good ranking and we get to beat an over ranked team. Of course, I am sure you are convinced I am wrong in that you have this great team ...how could I favor the unranked Bills over the mighty Lobos....Hmmm ... I must be a homer. ....By the way KenPom, Sagarin, and Vegas are in our corner too. I guess we are all out to get you.

BTW, I took another look at the numbers and to be frank you have alot more to worry about than the Billikens. I found 4 teams rated ahead of you.....IN YOUR OWN CONFERENCE Wyo, SDSt,UNLV, and Col St. A 5th place finish would not be good for dancing. Of course you could always say that a Billiken loss caused this letdown against your own conference.

Look at the bright side of things. I still have you ahead of Air Force.

Here is wishing you a great season after tonight's game. Afterall you have to keep your numbers up if our win is going to mean anything.

Hmmm.......

Well I have the Lobos rated 46. I kept trying to work the numbers to push you higher but it just wouldn't work..... Every time I tried to push them higher it kept rejecting,,,,It said see S Dak St.. I was very disappointed that you came in at 46. I was hoping for top 20 , It is worth so much more to us when we beat a top team. Much to my relief (and yours) the writers came through with a top 20 ranking. Thank god those writers don't pay attention to numbers much. So it all works out ...you get your good ranking and we get to beat an over ranked team. Of course, I am sure you are convinced I am wrong in that you have this great team ...how could I favor the unranked Bills over the mighty Lobos....Hmmm ... I must be a homer. ....By the way KenPom, Sagarin, and Vegas are in our corner too. I guess we are all out to get you.

BTW, I took another look at the numbers and to be frank you have alot more to worry about than the Billikens. I found 4 teams rated ahead of you.....IN YOUR OWN CONFERENCE Wyo, SDSt,UNLV, and Col St. A 5th place finish would not be good for dancing. Of course you could always say that a Billiken loss caused this letdown against your own conference.

Look at the bright side of things. I still have you ahead of Air Force.

Here is wishing you a great season after tonight's game. Afterall you have to keep your numbers up if our win is going to mean anything.

And where did you have Cincinnati ranked? Fact is that this is practically the same unm team that was a kenpom top 25 team last year iirc. Maybe it's too early for your little model to have any predictive value.

And where did you have Cincinnati ranked? Fact is that this is practically the same unm team that was a kenpom top 25 team last year iirc. Maybe it's too early for your little model to have any predictive value.

I hope you realize that the RPI and AP polls have far less predictive power (after about 25 games the predictive power of the RPI approximates power (W/L, MOV) and efficiency models while writers never learn).

The problem here is that people select info that reinforces their prejudices rather than seek the best info. This happens with Billiken fans as well but most get it (some notables here think licking their finger is analysis too).