Keith Carter leaving SLU

billikens747

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple sources on twitter says KC is leaving the program. Confirms thoughts that he came here for RM. Tough lost.

Someone is going to get a really good pg.

Tough loss. But with MM, JJ, and KM for this year, it isn't one that should wreck the season. Also, we should be ok next year with McBroom, JJ, and MM. Not ideal, but we'll have experience at the guard position next year.

No doubt about it though, we lose a lot of talent off this year's team: KM, CE, CR and KC.

We are going to be hurting next year, not to mention after MM, JJ, DE, RL, graduate. Hopefully we will have enough to field a team

wow, wasn't even thinking about the year after next. that's depressing. We better get in this gotdamn conference and get a real coach. We could be staring down the barrel of the Soderberg years (at best) in no time.

wow, wasn't even thinking about the year after next. that's depressing. We better get in this gotdamn conference and get a real coach. We could be staring down the barrel of the Soderberg years (at best) in no time.

right now the way our roster looks with carter leaving, in two years a 16 -14 record (.520 winning percentage) would be awesome. this season is shaping up to be devastating to the program. we need to get a great coach asap in March.

Keith Carter Leaves Billiken Program

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Friday, Dec. 21, 2012

ST. LOUIS – Saint Louis interim head coach Jim Crews announced today that freshman guard Keith Carter (Chicago, Ill./Proviso East) has left the Billiken men’s basketball program due to personal reasons.

“When commitments are started, you don’t want to see things like this happen,” Crews said. “Unfortunately this is something that is consistent and constant in college basketball. With that said, we wish Keith the best in his future plans.”

Carter appeared in three games for the Billikens and averaged 3.0 ppg.

Hmmm ..... I always question the attitude of a player that transfers mid year.

i would assume one of two things. 1. he just didnt fit into the campus the team chemistry and was homesick, or 2. was p!ssed off he wasnt being used as he thought he should have been.

it will be interesting to hear if a more specific reason is given and second where he now lands.

That got me thinking

PG- Austin McBroom

SG- Crawford

SF- Drew

PF- Glaze

C- Manning

Yikes....

i would assume one of two things. 1. he just didnt fit into the campus the team chemistry and was homesick, or 2. was p!ssed off he wasnt being used as he thought he should have been.

it will be interesting to hear if a more specific reason is given and second where he now lands.

I could be wrong about this but I thought Carter said Wednesday was the first game he truly could've played in since his injury.

Could there have been an additional academic issue? The semester just ended and grades were due today.

3) He literally only came to SLU for Majerus.

A couple of the guys that cover Chicago recruiting said he only came to SLU because of Majerus and always wanted to go to a bigger school after he decommitted from Loyola. However, when the offers didn't come quick enough, Majerus convinced him he could be the next Andre Miller/ Kwamain.

3) He literally only came to SLU for Majerus.

A couple of the guys that cover Chicago recruiting said he only came to SLU because of Majerus and always wanted to go to a bigger school after he decommitted from Loyola. However, when the offers didn't come quick enough, Majerus convinced him he could be the next Andre Miller/ Kwamain.

Think it is the combination that he came to play for Majerus and that he was unhappy being the 4th guard now behind Jake Barnett. If healthy, I would agree with him that he should play over Barnett, who will get exposed bg time when A10 play begins

That got me thinking

PG- Austin McBroom

SG- Crawford

SF- Drew

PF- Glaze

C- Manning

Yikes....

Obviously it doesn't look good right now, but we've got 3 signing periods between now and then to bolster the squad. Gotta make a good hire.

I'm going to think positive. Perhaps he can join the following team:

Pg: Keith Carter

Sg: Ruben Cotto/ ET

SF: Anthony Mitchell/ Dustin McGuire

PF: Wille Reed/Adam Knollmeyer

C: Brett Thompson

Why would you want the kid to fail? The coach he came to play for is gone.