Big East Break-Up Thread (Merged)

The Wiz

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not Metz as the Tea Party members are Bat S crazy and delusional and are evil and hateful and full of lies and treasonous. So no.

I'm not in the Tea Party, but thanks for the label, or should I say libel? I'm a Catholic, Pro-Life voter. Have been one since I turned 18.

It just makes a lot of sense for the new conference to have the same number of teams in each division. I suspect they are looking at a wide range of possibilities and every basketball only team in the country is looking at this as a way to keep or make their team relevant. At this point, the C7 only have 5 teams in the east, but it looks like they would really like to have 7 in the Midwest. That means adding 2 teams in the east. VCU does not fit the culture, St. Joes is in Philly with Nova so it adds nothing to the TV market. Other teams likely bring down the power rating. Or the Beast says no to two of the following schools: Creighton, SLU or Dayton.

Creighton

Omaha

Marquette

Millwauki

Butler

Indianapolis

SLU

St. Louis

Xavier

Cincinatti

Dayton

Dayton

Depaul

Chicago

But there is another possibility. They could be looking at a west coast division, which would explain the discussion of Gonzaga and teams west of that. Then they could be looking at only 5 teams in the mid west. The other thing they could do is build a super conference with two Midwest divisions of five teams. One playing in the east and one playing in the west. That would take three more teams in the Midwest. Maybe Bradley, Detroit, Murray State or Valparaiso. A 20 team super BB conference would be impossible to ignore. The challenge is to keep the power ratings up and travel reasonable. I suspect they are fielding calls from all over the country. Those west coast teams are going to want to do something. In the mid west, Xavier and Butler are easy additions no matter what they do and they can add one more team to balance the current East Teams. After that they have to make a big decision.

Source on one of the Butler boards is saying the league will be 10 teams, with SLU, XU, and BU joining. The announcement will come fairly shortly.

I can't recall this person ever having false info

I hope the poster is correct, but this is a poster with 11 posts on that board.

Here's the thread I found: http://butlerhoops.com/showthread.php?tid=326

Here is what we know for sure at this point from reliable sources:

SLU is in.

SLU is out.

Dayton is in.

Dayton is out.

Dayton sucks (the one thing all sources have agreed on).

Butler is in.

Butler is out.

It will be all Catholic.

It won't be all Catholic.

The Zags are in.

The Zags are out.

San Fransico and St Mary's are both in.

Creighton is in.

Creighton is out.

Evansville is headed to the Horizon.

Creighton and Dayton will both be put in a couple year holding plan on their invite.

Georgetown led this whole thing.

Georgetown wanted one last chance to save the old Big East after the other schools decided to leave.

Georgetown is headed to the ACC.

The league will have 9 teams.

The league will have 10 teams.

The league will have 12 teams.

The league will have 16 teams.

The leaue will be coast to coast.

The A10 would like to expand to 21 teams.

The view from Fox Sp Mdwst

http://www.google.co...355534169,d.b2I

This is a little curious:

"Asked Saturday night during the Billikens' 73-51 win over Tennessee-Martin, SLU athletics director Chris May said he's yet to have any contact with members of the departing schools.

"At this point no," May said. "At this point were focused on how we can continue to help the A-10 and the A-10 is positioned well. We feel strongly about the Atlantic 10 and how it's taken its next steps with Butler and VCU while at the same time we feel good about where we're positioned nationally."

"Asked Saturday night during the Billikens' 73-51 win over Tennessee-Martin, SLU athletics director Chris May said he's yet to have any contact with members of the departing schools.

"At this point no," May said. "At this point were focused on how we can continue to help the A-10 and the A-10 is positioned well. We feel strongly about the Atlantic 10 and how it's taken its next steps with Butler and VCU while at the same time we feel good about where we're positioned nationally."

What do you find curious? ....the fact SLU has not been contacted or that SLU is being a good A-10er

Biondi mentioned that he has had talks with the Marquette President. May is giving the corporate line

What do you find curious? ....the fact SLU has not been contacted or that SLU is being a good A-10er

In the business world you do not openly acknowledge that you are going to merge or be acquired to the public or just anybody who asks you...