Big East Break-Up Thread (Merged)

The Wiz

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the fact that what started as a spoof of some old debates on the board has generated even MORE debate about some of these topics. This is a great thread... so many twists and turns.

I once read a theory about message boards in the 90s that suggested if a thread goes on long enough at some point it is inevitable that someone will be compared to the Nazis. I think its fair to say that in Billikens.com land we have a few of those topics that certain people just can't let go and if a thread goes on long enough the topic will come up.

Seriously, it's a 30+ page thread on potentially the biggest thing to happen to this program since Majerus was hired and people are rehashing this garbage. It's a fine argument to have, just do in a different thread.

You're right, I'm dying to hear from the next poster, writer, analyst, etc .... who has no clue about what's actually going to happen.

I once read a theory about message boards in the 90s that suggested if a thread goes on long enough at some point it is inevitable that someone will be compared to the Nazis. I think its fair to say that in Billikens.com land we have a few of those topics that certain people just can't let go and if a thread goes on long enough the topic will come up.

I for one, vow to never bring up Nazis.

does the student athlete scholarship define minimum athletic standards i.e. minimum points scored, rebounds, assists, steals, minutes played? the scholarship does define academic and personal behavior and actions? if the scholarship did define athletic performance, you have a winning point. i can assure you it does not.

a coach makes a commitment, and that coach is wrong on expectations on the court, that is the coach's problem.

btw skip, are you insinuating the likes of salecich didnt give the effort? (i use him as an example only) that kid was balls to the wall all the time. he just wasnt good. yet down the road he went with no slu diploma. i dont think that was fair.

Absolute hogwash; oversimplifcation of a very complex situation.

Yes, you can quantify a Presidential Scholarship GPA but who knows the teacher's interpretation of a specific grade of an essay for a certain student?

And there can be numerous issues with an athlete where a simpleton fan thinks the athlete is giving his best but the coach KNOWS there are a lot of other issues.

(SO, everybody, refresh my memory... which players that Majerus: 1) moved out for their own good and / or 2) moved out to get our program back to competitiveness quickly after Sodie left us with almost NOTHING, is Roy still whining about?)

You're right, I'm dying to hear from the next poster, writer, analyst, etc .... who has no clue about what's actually going to happen.

I'd rather there be nothing until there is something instead of two extra pages of nonsense that I have to sift through just to see if there is any new information.

I sure hope Horace and Obi don't log in today...otherwise you are in T-R-O-U-B-L-E

The only way I would be in trouble if we ever met is if they were smart enough to figure out the best way to do some damage would be to have Horace chase me down with his great "athleticism" and then have Obi sit on me. Clearly I got nothing to worry about. Plus, there is no way in hell they would log on here. Horace wouldn't be able to read it anyway and Obi's not likely to take a break from eating long enough to get on a computer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwins_law

I'd rather there be nothing until there is something instead of two extra pages of nonsense that I have to sift through just to see if there is any new information.

Am I understanding correctly, that you don't find my posts on the retention of student athletes informative?

This makes absolutely no sense to me.