SLU v. Rockhurst GDT

SluSignGuy

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Going on record jake Barnett will never contribute in a meaniful game for the bills

Sadly, have to agree. He should have stayed in Toledo. And I'm hoping I have to eat these words. I thought the kid was supposed to be a sniper off the bench. I don't see it.

What I saw .....Remekun and Manning seem to give hope that an interior game can be developed. I had Remekun 4-for-5 from the field and 2-of-4 from the line for ten. Manning was three-of-three from the floor and had like 4 blocks. I liked his moxie in deciding to mix it up with the Rockhurst kid in earning the double foul and then a late foul as well. Good not afraid to mix it up.

McCall had 14 by my count. Plus three or so steals. Evans was 5 of 7 with two free throws for 12. If you award him two offensive rebounds on that one play, he surpassed Carter as the leading offensive rebounder by 1. But three total is all I counted. Jett shot four of five, but only one was a jumper ---- from just inside the arc. Overall, Jett took nine shots or so .... some were negated/unofficial because he was fouled or the dunk was waived off but that one was the only jumper of the bunch. So he's one-for-one in my book while "officially" at 80% from the field. Ellis was six-of-seven from the line and the team shot 12-of-18 for 67%. Ellis finished with 12 but didn't make a three. Carter showed some moxie as well and was the second guy off the bench behind Ellis.

Barnett showed some game but nothing more to indicate he'll contribute as westy or someone said. I don't get the Glaze situation. He didn't appear until the 4:04 mark and we were lapping them at 72 to 35 around then. He then went one-for-one, blocking a shot an dgetting a pair of rebounds but brickigntwo free throws. He seemed to show a lot of energy but if he contributes any this year, I'll be stunned. Although I don't know why,he showed good effort. Assists seemed hard to come by but I had McCall with 3 and Evans, Carter and Barnett each with two. I also thought Rockhurst did a number to us on the boards. Maybe not. But it didn'thurt because they were quite weak.

All in all,just what a preaseson ranked team shoudl do. We'll be okay as we navigate the OCC schedule and await KM's return.

Finally, I love our band and likely thank goodness they were there but do we need one that large? I guess so or we'd get no one there but man, that is so massive enough that it fills the whole section.

You can't tell much from these exhibition games but I was pleased with what I saw. With Mitchell back we will overwhelm teams with our guard play and if Remekun and Manning continue to improve we will be tough to beat in conference play. We may struggle out of conference just because Mitchell is so good in creating a good shot for himself or for someone else.

In still hoping Drew replaces Barnett in the rotation... I was not impressed with Barnett

Fun game to watch. Crowd was pretty weak, even for an exh. game, however, I was surprised by how many students came out. The student section was easily 3/4 full.

As I have stated many times, my basketball IQ is pretty weak, but I will share my observations from being at the game.

I watched Carter a lot, especially on defense. He has great reflexes, is very quick, easily beat Rock U. off the dribble in the backcourt, is very poised, and will have no problem creating a shot. He even had a nice block on a short jumper. He never looked rattled to me. Given the Kwamain situation, this was very good news.

Impressed by Cory. He is athletic and seems to be more confident, of course this was Rock U. and not Butler or Kansas. He had some nice little shots that showed more patience than last year and showed finesse - not something I expected. There were times when we were big out there with Cory, Dwayne, Rob and Cody.

Manning also looked a little more confident. He'll get decent minutes and will be able to handle teams with big centers (not sure about teams with big and athletic centers though).

Loe was okay. Nothing notable.

Cody same, but with a little more aggressiveness than in the past.

Jordair - man am I glad this kid plays for us. He has ups like no one I have ever seen for his height AND his physical stature. He is a big kid. He just wants to play and mix it up all the time. He can finesse it or he can just take it to the hoop like a fullback. Love this kid. BTW - he almost took out a couple of fans in seats on the court and, this is really bad, he caused a guy to spill a completely full beer. Clearly, someone needs to talk to him about this...

McCall - again, I am really glad he plays for us. So quick, his shot looked good. Very confident. Will be a leader on the floor for sure.

Evans - Very mature on the floor. Appears to be working on that jumper. He will dominate anyone that is his size or even an inch or so taller. He is smart, he calls for the ball, he was yelling at people, he is a leader and knows it. Lucky we have him.

Glaze did not play enough to really show much, but he still reminds me of a 3 month old lab with tons of energy, flailing all around. He is aggressive and he wants to mix it up, but I need to see more to form an opinion.

Barnett - I have no idea what he is doing out there. He has a lot of energy, but his shot is not falling (I think he had one??) and he had a couple of bad possessions where he either lost the ball or almost lost the ball. I really just don't get it.

Drew played a little at the end. Seemed very nervous which is understood.

Kwamain had a great game, shot well, rebounded well...oh, sorry, I was dreaming.

Big surprise of the day: New pretzels in the concessions - very nice!

Very pumped for this season. This was only Rock U., but people around me were commenting that the team looked very relaxed, very poised, and very much ready to play. Long season in front of us, but this was a nice start.

Remekun had one and Jett had a monster dunk after the whistle. Jett has to be the most athletic guard we have had in a billiken uniform

I know he played in high school but you can't help but think he might be a better football player.

Remekun had one and Jett had a monster dunk after the whistle. Jett has to be the most athletic guard we have had in a billiken uniform

Sounds like CR showed flashes today. Lets hope he can do it in the real games against real competition.

Good to hear JJ is in beast mode already.

Just got home from the game. This game got me really excited for the season. There was a few series in a row where RU failed to get the ball to the rim. Dwayne Evans & Jett look like they are ready to dominate this season. Dwayne looks stronger, and more confident on the floor. It will be difficult for our opponents to match up with him. He will be one of our leaders. Jett just amazes me at his ability to miraculously levitate. McCall quietly added 14, looks solid.

Excited to see Keith Carter in action. Looks like he will fit perfectly into the system while KM is out.

Biggest factor of this season will be CR. We'll see how he plays in a real game, but he also looks much stronger/more confident.

So excited for the season to get underway. GO BILLS!

Just got back. Heard more crowd noise at some of the women's games in the past. Sad. Oh well.

Mom had a great time will post picture tomorrow. Thanks for the tickets. Rockhurst had some kids who could shoot! That kept the score close(ha ha).