SLU v. Rockhurst GDT

SluSignGuy

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Burns had very little help from his teamates and opponents put most of their efforts into defending burns every game. Burns accomplishments would have been tremendously more if he had the current billiken roster surrounding him.

Burns had very little help from his teamates and opponents put most of their efforts into defending burns every game. Burns accomplishments would have been tremendously more if he had the current billiken roster surrounding him.

You are right on the money, roy. Burns had to be pretty much a one-man gang.

-exhibition game showed some good and some bad, RockU getting offensive rebounds was a bit vexing, we missed some ft's, but that spurt to start the second half was nice

-if you are scouting us with KM not playing and your team can do it do you press for 40 minutes? our guard depth in the early going may be cause for concern

-have a GREAT season Bills!!!

Well it did not take long for the juice box and orange slices group to step forward - next some will be wanting to give out participation trophies.

I don't understand what you are trying to say. Is it that people on this board are over optimistic? Just not sure...

I was surprised to see CR starting but I figured he was being given a chance - always trying to see if the guy who looks like a player is a player - he lived up to my expectations which are not very high for him. That dunk in the second half was very slow and labored. He just has not developed.

CR starting should not be a surprise. I predicted it on this board a few months ago and I'm almost always right :lol: It makes perfect sense. Cody really liked coming off the bench last year and RM/Crews like having some firepower coming off the bench. I thought it was a huge advantage having CE and JJ coming off the bench last year. No team in the A-10 can match that. When KM comes back, we'll have CE, JJ, KC and JM as our four players typically coming off the bench. That's a strong group. As I also mentioned, just because CR is starting, doesn't mean he will be finishing the game. More often that not CE will be out there at the end of close games. He may be paired with Rob or Corey depending on match-ups and situations. As for Remekun's dunk, are you really being critical of that dunk, when he got the pass and was left all by himself near the basket??? He had all the time in the world to take his time and that is what he did. CR will do just fine in his role.

I never saw Burns play. Days before the internet and the only news on billiken bb for me was the college scores in the paper. But Jimmy Irving has to be one of the best guards ever to wear Billiken Blue. He could create, he could hit the mid range jumper, he could pass, could shift gears and had great handles. I can S't recall if he got drafted or not, anyone remember? Tarheel? WPJim? Sshoe (if you've sobered up).

72, I only got to see Burns twice. That was at the Connecticut Mutual Tourney at the Hartford Civic Center back around 80 or 81.

If I can compare him to player we are both very familiar with that would be Jimmy Irving. Both Jimmy and Burns were quick as lightening and had very good outside shots. If Jimmy had a 3 point line you probably could have added about 6-7 pts to his average. So both scoring would have comparable. Big difference is Jimmy's supporting cast was way better then what Burns had. Jimmy had Rogers, Paradowsaki, Ghost, Stallworth, Lockette, etc..

CR will have foul problems if teams go at him; he needs a lot of his own space. Neither he nor Manning is a bruiser under the boards and while we may like

to have a Heinrich at the 5 RM did not seem to recruit them and prefers his ball players lean like Willie. Too bad Willie did not graduate from a Jesuit high school-then we would have had a player