Spring Signing Period

Ben Weixleman tweeted that Majerus had an in house meeting with Alex Fertig yesterday or friday. 6'3" white guy from Cali sounds a lot like KL. Not sure what year he is. Would be a great pick up

What makes you say he would be a great pick up? I'm not saying he is or isn't but he's not highly recruited at all and has no D1 offers.

What makes you say he would be a great pick up? I'm not saying he is or isn't but he's not highly recruited at all and has no D1 offers.

All I've heard is heresay. But sounds like a KL clone, defensive minded, smart, clutch shooter... You get the picture. Here's a link to video of some sort of game he played in.

People need to stop the lisch comparisons. KL was good enough to go to just about any college he wanted. Thus other kid apparently has no other D1 offers. Being white and the same height don't qualify as reasons for comparison in my opinion. It's not fair to the kid.

People need to stop the lisch comparisons. KL was good enough to go to just about any college he wanted. Thus other kid apparently has no other D1 offers. Being white and the same height don't qualify as reasons for comparison in my opinion. It's not fair to the kid.

Sounds more like Christian Thomas than Kevin Lisch, to be honest. Remember, ET was a real late spring signing. At this point, RM is not looking for anyone to fill a need. Just looking to fill a scholarship and maybe earn his way towards playing time.

Who wouldn't want another stud power forward (like Karl Malone) or center (like David Robinson, Shaq, etc.) but the reality is that we have not had a good outside shooter since KL. We have had good guards but also struggled bigtime against the zone last year. If JB won't fill this role, then go get someone RM!!

Seriously ... who is really of the opinion that a late-signing freshman guard with no other D1 offers, is going to come in to a Rick Majerus program and contribute? Show of hands, please ......

@jjray ----- how are you defining "a very nice late spring signing" as you are with GG?

@Pirahna ---- "a great pick up?" How are you defining that?

@jjray ----- how are you defining "a very nice late spring signing" as you are with GG?

I'm not going to comment on the guard, because I have never heard of him up until a week ago.

GG wasn't a typical late spring signing. He was a highly recruited guy going to a top 30 program until the coach left. He was a 3 star (useless I know) recruit with offers from the BE, SEC, B12, etc. All indications are that he will be a contributor soon.

Who wouldn't want another stud power forward (like Karl Malone) or center (like David Robinson, Shaq, etc.) but the reality is that we have not had a good outside shooter since KL. We have had good guards but also struggled bigtime against the zone last year. If JB won't fill this role, then go get someone RM!!

-i agree clock

Kind of quiet. Seems like if the Bills were going to sign the shooting guard from Cali that they would have done it already. Perhaps we are after a big that was released from their letter of intent? There have been several announced recently.

Here is a Southern California big (eh, 6'7) being run off from Utah. The article makes it seem like the pains he was having senior year aren't a big deal.

I know the kid could excel big time in the class room,. as Harvard West Lake is one of the top high schools (academically) in the nation.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2012/04/utah-pulls-scholarship-from-basketball-recruit/1#.T5DG26sV1LU

SLU won't be signing the shooting guard from Cali that visited last weekend.

Does anyone know why? I'm not bummed about this either, especially if we can sign a talented big man. Kansas and Duke just lost freshmen forwards who are looking to play for other schools. They must be somewhat talented.

Does anyone know why? I'm not bummed about this either, especially if we can sign a talented big man. Kansas and Duke just lost freshmen forwards who are looking to play for other schools. They must be somewhat talented.

Casts off from Duke and Kansas seem ok to me.

I have no idea why we would or would not sign the kid from CA but since we are not yet in the spring signing period nobody knows if we will sign him or not unless someone knows that RM is not interested. To the point that if RM says to sign him then he must be good - let me remind you that RM said to sign ET and look how that worked out. He said to sign Jordan look out that worked out. My point simply is just because RM may be willing to take a flyer on a kid does not mean it will work out well - personally, I would not mind saving the schollie unless we can really get a proven player like a transfer or a kid who wants out of his LOI because the coach left and use it to get a good fall signing. By the way this not the same thing that Soderberg would do - he would save 2-3 schollies since he struck out and would go into the season very thin - we filled all our schollies this one just popped up so no need to do a panic signing.