What if he goes. . .

SLU7881

I personally do not believe Majerus is going anywhere but in the interest of playing along, some possible coaching candidates. My criteria? Not much except they're listed as candidiates for other head coaching positions at schools with some basketball pedigree.

Harvard coach Tommy Amaker,

Marquette assistant Tony Benford,

Duke assistant Jeff Capel

St. John's assistant Mike Dunlap,

Southern Miss coach Larry Eustachy,

New Mexico State coach Marvin Menzies,

Weber State coach Randy Rahe

Colorado State assistant Craig Smith.

Virginia coach Tony Bennett,

Former SMU coach Matt Doherty

Oh yeah, we want Doherty. He failed at UNC. The three Stooges could win at UNC. Win big. And Eustachy, better keep him away from our Saintsations and all the free Bud he could drink. Getting Bennet away from UVA for SLU? Good luck... you'd be better off buying a powerball ticket. Your odds are better.

I personally do not believe Majerus is going anywhere but in the interest of playing along, some possible coaching candidates. My criteria? Not much except they're listed as candidiates for other head coaching positions at schools with some basketball pedigree.

Matt Doherty? No way.

Eustachy is headed to Colorado State.

you're kidding about Doh, right?

What about Blake Ahearn? Jeez.

He'll be an unpaid Grad Asst/Free Throw shooting guru. We all know he's not good enough to be offered a full time position on SLU's staff.

Head coach

Matt Dickey

Coaching staff

Willie Reed

Ruben Cotto

John Stamos

Strength and conditioning

Brett Thompson

Solid staff although Obi Ikeakor would get my nod as Head of Strength and Conditioning. I thought we could have gotten Josh Harrellson on the staff, we waited too long to offer him a position though, he already had another job.

Solid staff although Obi Ikeakor would get my nod as Head of Strength and Conditioning. I thought we could have gotten Josh Harrellson on the staff, we waited too long to offer him a position though, he already had another job.

I'd keep Brett as Strength and Conditioning Coach, but hire Obise as Team Dietician.

No Sekue Barantine gets that award. He was the backup center on his juco team and we still offered him.

SB would definitely make the 1st team of all time worst, but I am sticking with Horace. Even before he enrolled, he barely became eligible. Sure enough, he couldn't hack it in the classroom and was out after a semester. On top of that, he couldn't play a lick.

No Sekue Barantine gets that award. He was the backup center on his juco team and we still offered him.

I don't know how I became the lone Sekue defender on this board but it happened. Sekue played and was not horrific his senior year. Horace didn't even see the floor if I remember correctly. Sekue was more valuable to the bills than Andrew Lattimer, Floyd Mcclain, Obi Ikeakor, etc.

Horace was the icing on the cake of probably the worst recruiting class in SLU history. Maguire, Knollmeyer, Dixon, and Obi. And two of those guys were 3 star recruits. Looking back it shows you how useless "stars" are.