I dont get why we havent marketed our basketball team more in terms of apparel

Perhaps late, but last year in say February of 2011, I was walking through the Finish Line store at West County Mall and found two awesome SLU t-shirts on a table in the middle of the store, right between UCLA and Notre Dame shirts and amongst KU, Mizzery, UNC, Texas, Illinois, Florida, and Duke shirts. I bought both of them. They're awesome, much better than anything they have at the bookstore or the arena. Not sure if they are still there or not, but I was pleased to see us on a table with big name athletic schools.

I bought a SLU sweatshirt there a few years ago that's better than anything I've ever seen at the arena or bookstore. I also bought an Adidas tech polo shirt from Sports Authority that's better than anything I've seen at SLU.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, didn't you guys know that "peach" Billiken t-shirts or "neon green" SLU t's are really hot right now! They can't keep them in stock! The reason no one wants it, is because no one can find it. It is a chicken or the egg question for local stores. However, they control the SLU Shop and it is bad. Even my 86 year old grand pa won't wear half the stuff in there. Go to any of the local St. Louis High Schools and take notes guys/gals. If they can wear Under Armor, Nike or Adidas, then I think you can get Billikens gear like that. Hire the person who runs Lindenwood's gear shop, they are able to get Adidas gear! Maybe they know a secret? Start at the SLU Shop and go from there. The only saving grace is that the place is never open, which helps keep most of the trash in there, and off of the streets. Marketing 101, walk a few blocks west and sit down and take some notes this summer. Sorry to be so harsh, but SLU has one of the best mascots in the NCAA and it is so wasted. Like I said, even my grand pa wouldn't be caught dead in some of the stuff in there. He said, about the jacket I got him for X-Mas "I'm not an old man!" Ha! Go Bills! 2012-2013 Final Four bound!!!

I got a really great sweatshirt from the bookstore. Its a white zip up with the billiken winking on the back. I love it ( cuz I assume hes a smart a$$ just like every other billiken fan). But I found it odd they didnt have it available online... I saw someone wearing it at the beginning of the season and wanted one ever since... finally had time to stop in the bookstore and there it was. I love love love it, but wish i didnt have to jump through so many hoops to get it. : /

I got a really great sweatshirt from the bookstore. Its a white zip up with the billiken winking on the back. I love it ( cuz I assume hes a smart a$$ just like every other billiken fan). But I found it odd they didnt have it available online... I saw someone wearing it at the beginning of the season and wanted one ever since... finally had time to stop in the bookstore and there it was. I love love love it, but wish i didnt have to jump through so many hoops to get it. : /

I was down at the bookstore in Busch Center today. There is a nice variety of Billiken gear on available. Stocked up on multiple items. Not to mention to mention a beautiful day for a quick stroll around campus to view all the lovely scenery including many lovely coeds in spring attire.

I talked to a buddy and she said the SLU Shop is ran by students!!! WTH? However, given the state of Billiken apparel this makes sense. Does anyone know this to be true? I don't think Mizzou or Kansas' gear shops are managed by the students. Where are the adults in the building? If this isn't true and someone from the university runs this shop....find that person another job. I would suggest something that doesn't require sales or marketing. Sorry, hope I am wrong and its true students run it. If so, that adult/staff member in charge of the students needs to do something else! God Bless.

I talked to a buddy and he said the SLU Shop is ran by students!!! WTH? However, given the state of Billiken apparel this makes sense. Does anyone know this to be true? I don't think Mizzou or Kansas' gear shops are ran by students. Where are the adults in the building? Thanks

I don't believe this is true. The guy who took the order for my jersey was well beyond college age.

The Billikens have a contract through Nike, right? They wear Nike stuff, so the only way you can get that is if you have a contract. Why can't they design some cool stuff for the SLU Shop at the 'fetz? Hell, aren't they getting all of the NFL teams this year? I think they can handle the Billiken Gift Shop. If not, then get Adidas or Under Armor when the contract is up! IMO. Go Bills!

Along the lines of Billiken gear, all I want for my car is a decent looking license plate frame. There currently aren't any available that look good - it just has to be blue with either "Saint Louis University Alumni" or "Saint Louis University Billikens." It's really not too much to ask for. I've checked at the bookstore, the arena and online, and the available options were not attractive.

plus the current version sold at the bookstore is constructed in a manner that covers part of the annual renewal sticker (at least in illinois) that by law must be fixed to the plate and able to be seen by our friendly local officers. i have been told the local policia do not really appreciate the holders as is.

plus they need another set of screws imo.

Along the lines of Billiken gear, all I want for my car is a decent looking license plate frame. There currently aren't any available that look good - it just has to be blue with either "Saint Louis University Alumni" or "Saint Louis University Billikens." It's really not too much to ask for. I've checked at the bookstore, the arena and online, and the available options were not attractive.

Mine just says "saint Louis University" on the top - in white lettering and blue background and the bottom says "alumni" on the bottom. Apparently they only felt like having it attached at the top, so it isn't very secure.

Jealous?

• 2 months later...

Last night at Dierbergs grocery I saw a SLU tervis glass for sale!! Someone, somewhere is doing something good!! Keep it up SLU

I bought a couple of them from the Dierbergs in Warson Woods - they're pretty sweet. The 16 oz glasses are $12.99 and the jumbo glasses are $16.99 (IIRC). Good for summertime drinking. I'll be bringing mine to the pool.

It's nice to see our gear mixed in with Mizzou, Illinois, Kansas, etc., and props to Dierbergs for carrying them. Hopefully people are buying them.