Rick on 590 right now

SShoe

Other notes:

Said Izzo wants to call him after the tournament to talk about some things.

New Mexico game next year will probably be on New Years Eve, they are trying to get it on national tv.

He is going to talk to the MVC about scheduling Creighton for the next year or two. He is willing to go there.

Tony Young has applied for the SIUC job. Doesn't know if he'll get an interview.

He hopes he doesn't lose Harriman, says he probably knows the whole system the best of the assistant coaches.

Is going to meet with Ellis's dad before he heads back to Austrailia to discuss Ellis's offseason program.

Barnett was a great 10th man. He needs to decide if he's going to put in the work to become a 6th, 7th, 8th man. Mentioned his off season improvement along with that of Ellis, Loe, Remuken as x factors for next year.

Will be traveling to Iowa and Wisconsin to look at recruits and Illinios to visit with Carter.

When asked if he would stay at SLU for the next 3-5 years he said he wanted to. Had no interest in coaching elsewhere. He does still want to do TV after he's done coaching. However said SLU has NOT approached him about an extension yet.

Is going to meet with Ellis's dad before he heads back to Austrailia to discuss Ellis's offseason program.

I'm excited about this. Ellis' dad was a pro, he knows what it takes. If he knows what Cody's supposed to be doing, maybe he'll be right there, sitting on his chest and sh!tting in his towels to make sure the work gets done. If Cody develops a bit more physically, and gets a bit more consistent w/ his shot, look out. Man, we are going to be bigtime next year. Our guards will be where they need to be. If our bigs improve, we have no flaws.

When asked if he would stay at SLU for the next 3-5 years he said he wanted to. Had no interest in coaching elsewhere. He does still want to do TV after he's done coaching. However said SLU has NOT approached him about an extension yet.

Now is the time for SLU to re-up Rick. That can only help with recruiting.

true story.... Friday at halftime i was waiting in line for the bathroom next to Chaifetz. The guy on the other side of him asks how long rick is under contact he says 'one more year'. guy then asks how long is he going to stay with us. Chaifetz replies 'however long I want him' then gives me a fist pound as I laughed in approval...... Badass donor right there boy

true story.... Friday at halftime i was waiting in line for the bathroom next to Chaifetz. The guy on the other side of him asks how long rick is under contact he says 'one more year'. guy then asks how long is he going to stay with us. Chaifetz replies 'however long I want him' then gives me a fist pound as I laughed in approval...... Badass donor right there boy

Gotta like a booster with swagger.

I may have briefly interrupted him during that conversation. As he was standing in that same line at halftime, I stopped to tell him "Thanks" while on my way out of the restroom.

They should rename that show MizzouTalk now that Rammer isn't on. They were all crying in their appletinis just before Majerus about watching the Tigers lose at Buffalo Wild Wings.

i listened this morning to mckernan's show (it's been a long time since i have) assuming there would be some billiken talk. the only billiken talk the entire show was a short approx 15 min discussion they couldnt figure out why billiken fans were so happy that mi$$ouri lost. i mean all of them are big fans of both basketball programs. they actually said that and didnt laugh.

i listened this morning to mckernan's show (it's been a long time since i have) assuming there would be some billiken talk. the only billiken talk the entire show was a short approx 15 min discussion they couldnt figure out why billiken fans were so happy that mi$$ouri lost. i mean all of them are big fans of both basketball programs. they actually said that and didnt laugh.

No joke: there was a dude at the SLU Pre-Game party wearing nothing but MU gear.

No joke: there was a dude at the SLU Pre-Game party wearing nothing but MU gear.

Yeah, who the hell was that? Why was he at a SLU reception in Columbus? I had so many questions but did not want to engage this individual, as he was watching his Tigers blow it to a 15-seed.

Unbelievable. I am always surprised at the number of people at the Fetz wearing MU Tiger gear. Get a clue!

i get so p!ssed everytime i see or hear it. there is a guy that sits behind me that every game i have to hear his opinion of how great the kittens are.

The Tigers are choke artists. I love it.

I couldn't make it to Columbus, but I was actually in Omaha watching the Tigers lose to Norfolk St. live and in person. I actually can't believe I haven't talked about this yet on the board.

I was there with my sister, girlfriend, and parents. My sister went to UVa and we were all there in Virginia gear but I had my Bills jersey on underneath... If I'm anything its superstitious... We were in the Virginia section but there was an obnoxious MU fan behind us. When my family started going crazy for the Spartans of Norfolk (who by the way, were a great time, they're an HBC and their band and cheerleaders were out of this world. Omaha is way too white a town for the funk that they threw down) the Mizzou fan asked why we were so happy. I replied "I went to SLU, I can't stand Mizzou."

He answered "sitdown, your game is later, the Tigers would kill the Bills." Before I had a chance to answer my girlfriend screamed "Then play us ya *****!" The entire section blew up laughing and the guy didn't say anything else. By the end of the game my Bills jersey was out and I was whipping my UVa shirt around my head, we had drank a few beers...

I wish this whole board could have seen the faces on the Mizzou crowd as that game was winding down. It was made so much worse by the fact that KU fans also filled a quarter of the stadium, the place was Wrestlemania loud down the stretch.

To top it all off when we went to a bar later to watch the Bills win there was a MU fan at the bar drinking his face off, he walked by our table (which at this point was singing the fight song standing in our booth) and muttered, "I can't ###### believe this."

I wish I was in Columbus, but if I had to have an alternate weekend, it went the way I wanted it to.

I'm excited about this. Ellis' dad was a pro, he knows what it takes. If he knows what Cody's supposed to be doing, maybe he'll be right there, sitting on his chest and sh!tting in his towels to make sure the work gets done. If Cody develops a bit more physically, and gets a bit more consistent w/ his shot, look out. Man, we are going to be bigtime next year. Our guards will be where they need to be. If our bigs improve, we have no flaws.

I really think Loe, Ellis, Jett, and Conklin were co most improved; but Ellis actually keeps up with his man on defense this year-I never thought I would see it. I was as if All of a sudden Drew Diener could run as fast as his cousin. Imagine what we will be like if Loe and Ellis both improve by the same amount for next year. Hell it even makes me think that CR could play with confidence by next year.

i thought what rm said was that izzo wanted to call him later this week. my impression was that izzo wanted to pick rm's brain for strategy things. rm commented he was not opposed to talking with izzo because he wants mich st to do well for the rest of the tourney.

Wonder what this is all about....