The wait until Fri-Sun is a killer, so....

slu72

Since we can only project so many brackets, play what if scenarios, and wear out the worry beads, I was thinking about the past 10 years of Billiken hoops. If you took all the players over the last 10 years 2002-12, who would RM give his 13 scholies to, who would start, who would get minutes in a 10 man rotation, and who would fill out the roster. One rule, players like WR, Cotto, Obi, etc aren't eligible.

Starters:

PG- KL

2-Fish (RM would want a D player like fish on the floor)

3-C. Sloan (believe RM would have loved him)

4-BC

5-IV

Rotation:

Reggie Bryant- he was a sniper

TL III- Not sure here as he may well have transferred out after his FR year

KM

CE

L. Meyer

3 Freshmen

MM, RL, DE

If TL left he would have offered JJ

Since we can only project so many brackets, play what if scenarios, and wear out the worry beads, I was thinking about the past 10 years of Billiken hoops. If you took all the players over the last 10 years 2002-12, who would RM give his 13 scholies to, who would start, who would get minutes in a 10 man rotation, and who would fill out the roster. One rule, players like WR, Cotto, Obi, etc aren't eligible.

Starters:

PG- KL

2-Fish (RM would want a D player like fish on the floor)

3-C. Sloan (believe RM would have loved him)

4-BC

5-IV

Rotation:

Reggie Bryant- he was a sniper

TL III- Not sure here as he may well have transferred out after his FR year

KM

CE

L. Meyer

3 Freshmen

MM, RL, DE

If TL left he would have offered JJ

Not sure how KM can not be in the starting lineup and Sloan is way over-rated by some Billiken faithful. He had a decent senior season and that was about it. Give me DE over Sloan any day. Ian would have done well playing for RM.

The real killer is that we have a long lay off between games and so far this year we have not been ready to play when this happens. Hope Rick keeps them focused and prepared.

We are 1-1 when we have a week or so off. We pummeled DU at home and lost to RI. Im not too worried about the lay off, recharge before the stretch run.

Perry didn't graduate until 2003, so unless he for some reason doesn't qualify, he needs to be on that list and in the starting lineup. IMO, he may have been the best of them all (at least the most clutch).

Sloan should barely be on the team, let alone the starting lineup. I would also have KM as the starting PG.

I think my ideal rotation is KM, MP, TL III, BC, IV, with a bench of KL, DE, JF, CE, RB, LM, RL, and maybe CS. Ask me again in two years - DE and/or RL could move up substantially and MM and/or JJ could be added.

I would take our current lineup as the starting lineup. I think the current 5 are better than any of their predecessors in the last 10 years. Mitchell was better as a freshman than Lisch was as a senior, so I certainly wouldn't start Lisch over Mitchell. Dwayne Evans is probably the best pure small forward we have had since Monroe Douglass; he is a totally different caliber player than Chris Sloan.

The only positions I would even debate are shooting guard and center. Ian has a good case at center, but Loe can do so many more things on the court. Marque Perry also has a good case as shooting guard, but McCall is a better outside shooter and would score a lot more if he was the focus like Marque was.

mitchell was handed the keys to the car and lisch and liddell were told to get out of the way because they werent his players. had the change happened the year before they would have both been run off the campus as well.

mitchell is a very good player and undoubtedly is headed to the billiken hall of fame some day. will probably end up higher on the all time scorers list as well, but i'd take lisch over him every day. better defender and a better shooter.

mitchell was handed the keys to the car and lisch and liddell were told to get out of the way because they werent his players. had the change happened the year before they would have both been run off the campus as well.

mitchell is a very good player and undoubtedly is headed to the billiken hall of fame some day. will probably end up higher on the all time scorers list as well, but i'd take lisch over him every day. better defender and a better shooter.

-1,000 Ridiculous. :rolleyes: RM still sings the praises of KL.

Speaking of Lisch, did you guys know he has become the "Robert Horry" of the NBL? I think he has something like five buzzer beaters in his first two seasons.

Also, I think I agree with Roy. Lisch starting w/ Kwamain coming off the bench. But hell, I wouldn't care. Give me both in a heartbeat.

The starting backcourt has to be Perry and Mitchell. Perry is head and shoulders above any Billiken player since. He was a FIBA all-star in europe and has been a consistent 15 + point guy in the top european leagues until the last two seasons. Ian deserves a spot right now, but Loe will pass him soon.

My Starting 5

G- Perry

G- Mitchell

SF- DE or maybe TLIII

PF- Conk

C- Ian

-1,000 Ridiculous. :rolleyes: RM still sings the praises of KL.

rickma says a lot of stuff to the press that are not necessarily what he believes and/or does. the king of double talk.

Perry didn't graduate until 2003, so unless he for some reason doesn't qualify, he needs to be on that list and in the starting lineup. IMO, he may have been the best of them all (at least the most clutch).

Sloan should barely be on the team, let alone the starting lineup. I would also have KM as the starting PG.

Once again, SShoe is correct. MP starts. I'm also not sure how Sloan could be on the list.

C'mon Man!

Broy- Cmon on over to section 108 and badmouth big Rick.

you know i badmouth rickma everywhere. always will. doesnt matter to me where i am.

I'd take Fisher over Lisch on the defensive end especially. Gotta have H and Claggs in there somewhere too.......

slu72 is basing this scenario on just the past 10 years of Billiken basketball. H and Claggs wouldn't be elgible.

Funny, because I remember it very differently. Yes, Mitchell was handed the keys to the car to run the point, but for most of that season, it was KL's and TL's team. It wasn't until the very end of the season that Mitchell became more of the go-to-guy and that was primarily because he was just playing better.

I'll give you that KL was a better shooter than KM, but not necessarily a better defender. Additionally, KM is a better passer, ball handler, and finisher around the basket. If you need someone to run the point on this all-decade team, I'll take KM. If you're filling that 2 spot (reserved for Marquee on my squad), it's KL.

You may have some different understanding based on your friendship with the Lisch family, but KL and TL had their entire senior season to be "the guy".

It almost seems hard to believe that KM even played on the same team as Lisch and Liddell. The Lisch-Liddell era feels like ancient history to me.

It also has that bad aftertaste, like waking up after a night carousing. You smile with that glow of the now and then you remember the recent past and shudder at where you were..........