start now, wait until next week (short) or after it happens...

Cowboy

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No need to be a condescending prick, I appreciate TVACH13 being on here and soliciting ideas.

Thank you. The decision to have the ceremony after the game is NOT an athletic department decision. It is a coaching decision. And we should respect their decision.

The players get emotional and don't think about basketball when the ceremony is before the game. Just ask Dayton. We kick their ass every Senior Night, they have their ceremony before the game. Just a theory.

Bottom line, stay after the game, we have some great videos and gifts for the guys. Check around the concourse for free posters of the guys, they look really nice. AND....Check out the pictures of the t-shirts in the arena on our Facebook. We got the second level done tonight, it looks awesome! Can't wait to do the lower bowl tomorrow!

Thank you. The decision to have the ceremony after the game is NOT an athletic department decision. It is a coaching decision. And we should respect their decision.

The players get emotional and don't think about basketball when the ceremony is before the game. Just ask Dayton. We kick their ass every Senior Night, they have their ceremony before the game. Just a theory.

Bottom line, stay after the game, we have some great videos and gifts for the guys. Check around the concourse for free posters of the guys, they look really nice. AND....Check out the pictures of the t-shirts in the arena on our Facebook. We got the second level done tonight, it looks awesome! Can't wait to do the lower bowl tomorrow!

The more I think about it, the more I'm not so sure it matters in terms of attendance. If you do it before the game, people are notoriously late and miss the ceremony. In addition, if the Fordham game is any indication, people had a lot of trouble with ticketing and traffic/parking because of the crowds which caused a lot of delays. If you do it after, at least it can be announced a number of times, and people can decide to stick around or not. It may be 50-50 in terms of the number of people there, before or after.

-i looked at the picture on facebook, very cool, i do have a question....it took how many people how long to put the shirts on the chairs???

When Xavier played at Dayton, the student section at Dayton wasn't allowed to make signs or do chants that referenced Xavier's brawl, suspensions, or media comments in any way. Has SLU done the same, or is it open season tonight?

When Xavier played at Dayton, the student section at Dayton wasn't allowed to make signs or do chants that referenced Xavier's brawl, suspensions, or media comments in any way. Has SLU done the same, or is it open season tonight?

-on some levels i can agree with the move by svu on this, on some levels it appears as a classic high school move

-i hope for open season, jeez they are self admitted "gangsters" :o

conklin before the game. cassity after

Uncalled for. Kyle Cassity was a starter for 3.5 years and helped bring this SLU program back to respectablity. He is still a contributor to this ball team and doesn't deserve crap like this.

Is Kyle a threat to score every time he touches it? No. Is he ever going to take over a game? No. That is not his game. Am I a Kyle Cassity homer? You're damn right. It burns my ass to read this board every time I come on here because of comments like this.

Uncalled for. Kyle Cassity was a starter for 3.5 years and helped bring this SLU program back to respectablity. He is still a contributor to this ball team and doesn't deserve crap like this.

Is Kyle a threat to score every time he touches it? No. Is he ever going to take over a game? No. That is not his game. Am I a Kyle Cassity homer? You're damn right. It burns my ass to read this board every time I come on here because of comments like this.

It was a joke. Here's another - Count me in the camp that is glad to have some Senior leadership off the bench this year!

While having the ceremony before the game may be the best way to recognize the kids it isn't the best way to win a game. I'd rather have the team preparing for a victory than making speeches and crying before it. Majerus is right on this.

While having the ceremony before the game may be the best way to recognize the kids it isn't the best way to win a game. I'd rather have the team preparing for a victory than making speeches and crying before it. Majerus is right on this.

I have changed my position on this. Definitely agree now!

When they announced the starting lineup I was suprised KC wasnt in it.

Then I read after the game Majerus asked him to start and he declined, not wanting to mess with the chmestry.

Playing time or not he is a leader of this team.

To be honest, that is truly a mark of a leader. Also, I think's it is now apparent, if it wasn't already, that Majerus truly cares about KC.

When they announced the starting lineup I was suprised KC wasnt in it.

Then I read after the game Majerus asked him to start and he declined, not wanting to mess with the chmestry.

Playing time or not he is a leader of this team.

wow. that is a standup move. it's going to be rewarded by homeboy going dancing. finally. congrats again to KC and BC on the huge win tonight.