Willie Reed in a NBA Training Camp

crymdg2

I expected Willie to be trying to latch on with Alex and Cleveland's D league team. Perhaps this is the first step in this process. Congrat to Willie for getting an invite to Cleveland's training camp. We can all be jaded about Willie's wasted opportunity at SLU but it only helps the prestige of the program if Willie succeeds as a professional.

WR may be a Diock Mfer, but sometimes you have to wonder what this team would have been like w/ him in the lineup. Not complaining at all about how we're playing, but for sure our rebounds would have been up, interior D would have been better, and we'd have seen some hi-lite dunks on ESPN. Then again, he may have been a locker room obliterator, so let's put the wondering on the shelf and be very thankful for what they've done w/o him.

These posts were not from me. I've asked for them to be removed and suspect some one was having some fun somewhere....

They didn't sound like you, Rich. Normally you are the voice of reason. Carry on, sir.

HARD WORK BEATS TALENT WHEN TALENT DOESN'T WORK

I never understand this one. Maybe he was talking about himself?

Oh, he has the talent to play basketball, and he's put in work at it. The problem was that he either didn't have the talent to be a college basketball player -- i.e., a student athlete -- or he didn't put in the work (in the books).

He came back within a few weeks because he was injured and didn't like the change of culture. I don't think he even played in any games.

This might be Willie's last shot. I think the D league would be ideal for him. Hope he sees the writing on the wall and realizes what the deal is.