Willie Reed in a NBA Training Camp

crymdg2

As good as WR was as a Soph (quite a few inconsisent and uneventful games as a Frosh), he had a very raw talent - a powerful game. He couldn't shoot a FT and he had no mid-range game. Also, he did not seem to be making very large strides in the weight room. Maybe he's a more complete player now, who knows. Frankly, I don't know or care. IMO, though, he completely lacked both a strong work ethic and smarts so I doubt he would have made the great strides BC (who has both a strong work ethic and smarts) has made. BC came in with arguably less raw talent and a much less size than WR. BC has become a really good collegiate basketball player and I just doubt WR would have. Personally, I'd much prefer watching CE, RL, CR, BC and DE.

WR may be a Diock Mfer, but sometimes you have to wonder what this team would have been like w/ him in the lineup. Not complaining at all about how we're playing, but for sure our rebounds would have been up, interior D would have been better, and we'd have seen some hi-lite dunks on ESPN. Then again, he may have been a locker room obliterator, so let's put the wondering on the shelf and be very thankful for what they've done w/o him.

We would still be ranked, I'd be on that. But you are correct, we have a very strong team this year and the "what ifs" are pointless.

As good as WR was as a Soph (quite a few inconsisent and uneventful games as a Frosh), he had a very raw talent - a powerful game. He couldn't shoot a FT and he had no mid-range game. Also, he did not seem to be making very large strides in the weight room. Maybe he's a more complete player now, who knows. Frankly, I don't know or care. IMO, though, he completely lacked both a strong work ethic and smarts so I doubt he would have made the great strides BC (who has both a strong work ethic and smarts) has made. BC came in with arguably less raw talent and a much less size than WR. BC has become a really good collegiate basketball player and I just doubt WR would have. Personally, I'd much prefer watching CE, RL, CR, BC and DE.

Disagree. The strides that Willie made between his freshman and sophomore season indicated to me that he was obviously capable of improving his game and probably would have continued to improve through his junior and senior seasons.

If Willie was still here, that would mean he would have put in the work on and off the court. And we'd be a top 10 team with Willie.

Even without the incident, Willie couldn't cut it in the classroom. He would have been gone in one way or another. I don't think he would have ever suited up last season. 'What Ifs' are nice but this was a no chance.

Even without the incident, Willie couldn't cut it in the classroom. He would have been gone in one way or another. I don't think he would have ever suited up last season. 'What Ifs' are nice but this was a no chance.

I don't disagree. My point being that if was here, he would have put in the necessary work to be here (in the classroom, in the practice gym, etc.). It's obvious he didn't put in the necessary work.