WR news?

slu72

Disappointed as well. Not sure why, but he is still using his slu email address. Any feedback on this for-da-love?

I mean, I believe you get to keep those addresses for life, don't you? Not really sure. I wouldn't expect an official release considering he wasn't even on the team. All I can say is he is gone, and his time at SLU is over. There's nothing really more to it.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean, I believe you get to keep those addresses for life, don't you? Not really sure. I wouldn't expect an official release considering he wasn't even on the team. All I can say is he is gone, and his time at SLU is over. There's nothing really more to it.

Thanks, I was just curious.

Thanks, I was just curious.

No problem.

To be fair about the whole thing I kind of feel for Willie. For those who are making comments about his Twitter updates, and etc., I think it's wrong to do. He meant all the stuff he said, and he wants to be playing for us next year, he just couldn't get it done in the classroom. It is definitely his fault, but that doesn't mean he was just bsing about wanting to return. As I've told someone else about him, he's a good hearted kid, who has made some bad decisions. Those go all the way back to how he was handled in high school. And it's really a shame.

I don't think we can conclude Willie didn't try. College isn't for everyone. Just because you can play basketball and graduate from high school doesn't mean you can pass college courses and maintain a 2.0gpa. Willie may have given it his best shot, but just couldn't cut it. This isn't an SEC school. Our players actually have to be able to cut it in the class room.

I don't think we can conclude Willie didn't try. College isn't for everyone. Just because you can play basketball and graduate from high school doesn't mean you can pass college courses and maintain a 2.0gpa. Willie may have given it his best shot, but just couldn't cut it. This isn't an SEC school. Our players actually have to be able to cut it in the class room.

You're right...I was rough on him when I first heard this. Some can cut it some cannot. Nothing against him. How is the Dude?

No problem.

To be fair about the whole thing I kind of feel for Willie. For those who are making comments about his Twitter updates, and etc., I think it's wrong to do. He meant all the stuff he said, and he wants to be playing for us next year, he just couldn't get it done in the classroom. It is definitely his fault, but that doesn't mean he was just bsing about wanting to return. As I've told someone else about him, he's a good hearted kid, who has made some bad decisions. Those go all the way back to how he was handled in high school. And it's really a shame.

I agree completely. I was really rooting for him personally. Whether it was his only real option to get back on the court quicker or not, it showed me something that he swallowed is pride and gave it a go back at SLU. There are many young men that would have never even attempted to set foot back on campus. I believe he was trying but it just wasn't happening for him. I am disappointed for him not me. We should not be selfish enough to attack him at this point. He didn't let me down. SLU will play basketball next year and I will be there watching with or without willie. I wish him the best and will follow him in his efforts just as I follow KL.

You're right...I was rough on him when I first heard this. Some can cut it some cannot. Nothing against him. How is the Dude?

Mea Culpas from myself as well. I just had pictures in my head of him on the inside next year w/ KM at point and saw us doing something special. Willing to concede he gave it his best shot, but not meant to be. I just hope the staff was not asleep at the switch and kept looking for a replacement. We desperately need a big man inside and shouldn't be counting on a freshman to handle the job.

Then why can you conclude that Willie DID try. I'd suggest that a kid who drops out at mid-semester did not try. Remember. This is the same kid who dropped out of a good highschool to go play for one of the basketball factories (what a dozen boys in a non-accredited high school)? Also, he was at SLU for only 2 years before he was placed on academic probation and not allowed to practice/play with the team. Admittedly without inside info, but I'd bet that WR was on some type of probation and had received several warnings prior to not being allowed to lift weights/practice and play. Doesn't sound like a kid who has tried much at all to me -- since half way thru high school!!

Then why can you conclude that Willie DID try. I'd suggest that a kid who drops out at mid-semester did not try. Remember. This is the same kid who dropped out of a good highschool to go play for one of the basketball factories (what a dozen boys in a non-accredited high school)? Also, he was at SLU for only 2 years before he was placed on academic probation and not allowed to practice/play with the team. Admittedly without inside info, but I'd bet that WR was on some type of probation and had received several warnings prior to not being allowed to lift weights/practice and play. Doesn't sound like a kid who has tried much at all to me -- since half way thru high school!!

Give it a rest. Going through the steps it took to be readmitted was more than many in his alleged situation would have done much less come back to St. Louis. Get off your high horse and without inside information give the kid the benefit of the doubt. Some just are not cut out for SLU course work.

Give it a rest. Going through the steps it took to be readmitted was more than many in his alleged situation would have done much less come back to St. Louis. Get off your high horse and without inside information give the kid the benefit of the doubt. Some just are not cut out for SLU course work.

Remind me again what you add to this Board??

Remind me again what you add to this Board??

LOL..... forgot that you are apparently the man. All bow to the all knowing and my opinion is always correct Clock_Tower. Sorry some are just not on your level or fulfill your expectations. Must be tough living on that mountain above everyone else. Congratulations!!!

Willie did have to eat some crow to attempt his comeback. That couldn't have been easy for him after the way his father went on the attack. Willie seems like a kid with pride. To get drug through the media like he was and then agree to jump through the hoops to get back in SLU's good graces would be a tough pill to swallow. I think if he did that he probably gave it a good try.

Willie did have to eat some crow to attempt his comeback. That couldn't have been easy for him after the way his father went on the attack. Willie seems like a kid with pride. To get drug through the media like he was and then agree to jump through the hoops to get back in SLU's good graces would be a tough pill to swallow. I think if he did that he probably gave it a good try.

No doubt WR's attempt to come back was difficult. Still, no more difficult than KM who, by all accounts, actually participated in the Situation unlike WR. Still, that does not indicate effort in the classroom. Out of respect for WR, I will not publicly post all that I know about WR's accademics other than to say the things we did and did not do clearly indicate a lack of academic effort.

Willie didn't have a lot of other options besides SLU. His grades were such a mess that it made it impossible for him to be admitted to almost any other school he would have tried to transfer to. He came back to SLU at the semester because it was his only option.

Naia schools are notorious for making up the rules as they go along. He probably could have went that route.

Good luck Willie! I'll miss the Rammer screaming "Jam Time Willie Reed!" Was hoping to hear that for two more years, but at least the '09-'10 season was a lot of fun.

VTIME just went from 6 to midnight.

At least Melvin Robinson didn't get in trouble. WR eclipses the emotional loss of the big guy with talent who can't lead us to victory

At least Melvin Robinson didn't get in trouble. WR eclipses the emotional loss of the big guy with talent who can't lead us to victory

Sadly, I don't think WR has the work ethic to go very far at the next level. I hope I am wrong as I am a fan of WR, but he seems to live off of his talent alone and that won't be enough moving forward.