Cody Ellis

Westy03

He will have shoulder surgery and is out for the rest of the year

i figured as much. it is rare that there isnt damage doe to the labrium, ligaments and/or the rotator cuff on a dislocation or separation regardless of the severity of the injury. to play would just be putting off the inevitable and at this point i'd much rather get cody back on the path of recovery than delay it in an effort get to double digit wins.

Told you so. Not that it's anything to brag about. That takes 38.8 ppg out of an average of 63.4 from last year's team. It passed "indvidual growth and OJT" a long time ago.

The race for the bottom three in the A10 has just intensified, and not in a good way for the Bills.

Charlotte and St. Joe's are a half game back os us with a game in hand. Charlotte should have beaten Rhodey this past weekend but lost in OT. Charlotte plays Dayton, Richmond and St. Joes at home and goes to SLU, GeeDub, and X. They could win two of three at home and even two of three on the road. I think they win those two at home (sans Richmond); making their game at us all important for us in terms of being in the A10 tournament.

St. Joe's is at Temple, Umass and Charolotte. And has home games with X, Richmond and the Bonnies. In al this, I think they might beat the Bonnies. Three wins ties them with us but we have the head-to-head tiebreaker if we close out the season w/o another conferenc ewin. St. Joe's lucks one out in these other five and we could be screwed. Stranger things have happen and THIS is Billiken Basketball.

A win over Charlotte looms critical if we want to get at least one post-season game this year.

-hope this does not impact his studies

-get well soon Cody

Unbelieveable bad luck year.

Is Spring Break soon? My son has his the 1st week of March. If its soon, maybe he could get done early part of Spring Break and by time its over his arm will be just in a sling allowing him not miss class. That should be good depending on the severity, with some good rehab, for him to start shooting again by end of summer.

Good luck Cody, get well soon.

Medical experts: will CE be ready to play with the team this summer in Austrailia??

Yes he will.

- Dr. Van Nostrand, from the clinic

In all seriousness, I really hope so. That is like salt in the wounds if he can't go home and play in front of friends and family. I assume this was an injury where there was no option of physical therapy vs. surgery?? I'm sure no one really knows for sure except the staff, but I'm curious. Maybe it was something they knew would reoccur without the surgery.

Yes he will.

In all seriousness, I really hope so. That is like salt in the wounds if he can't go home and play in front of friends and family. I assume this was an injury where there was no option of physical therapy vs. surgery?? I'm sure no one really knows for sure except the staff, but I'm curious. Maybe it was something they knew would reoccur without the surgery.

Oh crap, I never thought of that. Get well soon Cody.

I did this in the Dark Ages of medical surgery ... 1973. Operation was November and I was playing baseball again in March. Cold Pennsylvania March weather made it nearly impossible to stretch out to the level needed. I could npot, without great effort, make a throw from first to third. First to home was about it. I couldn't really "let 'er rip" until the warmth of summer finally took over. Basketball was never an issuethe following November. In fact, it was played all summer w/o reservation. Contact sports were another story. And i had total, reconstructive shoulder surgery.

With the advanced technology an dknowledge toady, I think the staff has said it will be surgery sooner or later. The labrum is torn (if so) and is unstable and small to begin with, why risk the chance that therapy will be enough. I am curious to know if its a full reconstruction. Some arthroscopic things can be done but is that enough. In any case, surgery now, with a full summer to heal and rehab, soun dlike next eyar and Australia too will be unencumbered.

Yes he will.

What about this mole, Dr. Van Nostrand?

I looked at a couple NBA players who had dislocations and opted for arthroscopic surgery. Their recovery time is not that long. 3 weeks inactivity and then rehab is started. I would say Ellis should be healed by the time we go to Australia in what August?

Good stuff 72.

As for "unbelievable" I just don't know. I think overall what this season did show is just how one-deep a program like ours is. It's tough enough to get decent players to come here and even if you do, one simple miscue can throw the whole system out of whack. I see Kragthorpe's article is out in the Salt Lake Tribune. Majerus' comment about BYU losing "Jimmer Burdette ... and the next guy" is quite direct and succinct. We've lost now arguably our best three. I don't know that even Kansas can survive that.

Motivations should be intense next year.

CE had to have same injury late last year;

Why didn't he take a redshirt this year? The

Coaching staff needs to use those in best

Favor of team and player. Other than shooting

I like what CE did to improve this year.

Hit the weights and be careful and you will

Lead the team again