Mitchell Cleared

slufan13

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we just consider the offseason following the 2009 - 2010 season to just be the longest one ever? We just get to the "next" season in 2011-2012?

See you tomorrow night Kwamain (I will be with my Dayton Fordham friend)!

i've itemized kwamain's contributions from last year. yeah... it's good to have our leader back.

• Was selected second-team All-Conference
  • led the team with 15.9 ppg and added 3.0 rpg
  • 557 points scored is second-highest total by a sophomore in school history
  • drained 64 3-pointers
  • handed out 106 assists with a team-high 50 steals, second most by a second-year player at SLU
  • had 10 points, three rebounds and three assists at VCU
  • poured in a game-high 21 points with five assists against Princeton
  • finished with 14 points, four assists and two steals against Green Bay
  • tallied 19 points and snared six rebounds against Indiana State
  • led the team with 18 points in the A-10 Championship against Rhode Island
  • poured in a game-high 20 points with five rebounds and two assists at Dayton
  • finished with seven points and tied for the team lead with four rebounds against Temple
  • poured in a game-high 23 points and added six rebounds in the Duquesne game
  • tied his career high with five 3-pointers en route to 21 points against Xavier
  • scored 11 points with four assists and three rebounds at Massachusetts
  • led the team with 13 points against Rhode Island and added four assists
  • forced overtime against Dayton with a 30-foot 3-pointer with 1.3 seconds left and finished with a game-high 21 points
  • added nine points, three rebounds and two assists at Saint Joseph's
  • was selected A-10 co-Player of the Week on Feb. 7
  • hit four free throws in the final minute and finished with 25 points to go along with four assists and no turnovers at La Salle
  • banked in the game-winning shot with 1.4 seconds left and finished with 17 points, 16 coming in the second half, against St. Bonaventure
  • tallied a game-high 18 points at Richmond on 9-of-15 shooting
  • finished the George Washington game with 13 points and four assists
  • had 13 points and five assists without a turnover against Fordham
  • scored 12 points and snared five rebounds at Charlotte
  • led the team with 19 points at Duquesne and sealed the victory with three free throws in the final 19 seconds of double overtime
  • sank 7-of-12 from the field against Richmond and finished with a game-high 16 points
  • led the team with 13 points at Bowling Green
  • scored 19 points and tied his career best with seven assists versus Eastern Illinois
  • registered a career-high 33 points against UMKC on 11-of-18 shooting
  • named A-10 Player of the Week for the period ending Dec. 27
  • scored 20 points in the Belmont game
  • led the team with 17 points against Rockhurst
  • poured in a season-best 22 points against Southern Illinois with four rebounds and five assists
  • tallied a team-high 16 points and had four steals at Georgia
  • scored 14 points to go along with three assists against Notre Dame
  • was saddled with early foul trouble and played a career-low 20 minutes against Iowa State
  • notched nine points, six assists (without a turnover) and a career-best five steals versus MVSU
  • had seven points, six assists, three steals and rebounds against Kennesaw State
  • hit 7-of-10 shots and finished with 20 points against Nebraska
  • chipped in 13 points, two rebounds, two assists and two steals versus SEMO
  • named an All-American by the National Strength and Conditioning Association

i've itemized kwamain's contributions from last year. yeah... it's good to have our leader back.

• Was selected second-team All-Conference
  • led the team with 15.9 ppg and added 3.0 rpg
  • 557 points scored is second-highest total by a sophomore in school history
  • drained 64 3-pointers
  • handed out 106 assists with a team-high 50 steals, second most by a second-year player at SLU
  • had 10 points, three rebounds and three assists at VCU
  • poured in a game-high 21 points with five assists against Princeton
  • finished with 14 points, four assists and two steals against Green Bay
  • tallied 19 points and snared six rebounds against Indiana State
  • led the team with 18 points in the A-10 Championship against Rhode Island
  • poured in a game-high 20 points with five rebounds and two assists at Dayton
  • finished with seven points and tied for the team lead with four rebounds against Temple
  • poured in a game-high 23 points and added six rebounds in the Duquesne game
  • tied his career high with five 3-pointers en route to 21 points against Xavier
  • scored 11 points with four assists and three rebounds at Massachusetts
  • led the team with 13 points against Rhode Island and added four assists
  • forced overtime against Dayton with a 30-foot 3-pointer with 1.3 seconds left and finished with a game-high 21 points
  • added nine points, three rebounds and two assists at Saint Joseph's
  • was selected A-10 co-Player of the Week on Feb. 7
  • hit four free throws in the final minute and finished with 25 points to go along with four assists and no turnovers at La Salle
  • banked in the game-winning shot with 1.4 seconds left and finished with 17 points, 16 coming in the second half, against St. Bonaventure
  • tallied a game-high 18 points at Richmond on 9-of-15 shooting
  • finished the George Washington game with 13 points and four assists
  • had 13 points and five assists without a turnover against Fordham
  • scored 12 points and snared five rebounds at Charlotte
  • led the team with 19 points at Duquesne and sealed the victory with three free throws in the final 19 seconds of double overtime
  • sank 7-of-12 from the field against Richmond and finished with a game-high 16 points
  • led the team with 13 points at Bowling Green
  • scored 19 points and tied his career best with seven assists versus Eastern Illinois
  • registered a career-high 33 points against UMKC on 11-of-18 shooting
  • named A-10 Player of the Week for the period ending Dec. 27
  • scored 20 points in the Belmont game
  • led the team with 17 points against Rockhurst
  • poured in a season-best 22 points against Southern Illinois with four rebounds and five assists
  • tallied a team-high 16 points and had four steals at Georgia
  • scored 14 points to go along with three assists against Notre Dame
  • was saddled with early foul trouble and played a career-low 20 minutes against Iowa State
  • notched nine points, six assists (without a turnover) and a career-best five steals versus MVSU
  • had seven points, six assists, three steals and rebounds against Kennesaw State
  • hit 7-of-10 shots and finished with 20 points against Nebraska
  • chipped in 13 points, two rebounds, two assists and two steals versus SEMO
  • named an All-American by the National Strength and Conditioning Association

this is why i want him to redshirt but also exactly why i won't be that upset if he plays. he could have a HUGE impact.

SLUFAN13 -

If you are happy he is playing this year then I would be happy if you never posted on this subject ever again. Unless you can honestly say you think a 17% shot at getting into the CBI is a good thing..

-Randy

SLUFAN13 -

If you are happy he is playing this year then I would be happy if you never posted on this subject ever again. Unless you can honestly say you think a 17% shot at getting into the CBI is a good thing..

-Randy

I just want to have some real excitement again this year. I know that's purely selfish and I clearly stated I'd rather him redshirt, but I wont be upset if he plays. I never said I'd be happy.

Would prefer he redshirt. But by 2012-13 I would hope someone could develop as a point guard. McCall anyone.

This Dude guy is an idot! I sit next to him at all the games and he complains about how bad we are. There's only one man who can change that. Seriously, I guess it's Kwamain's decision, and we'll either get a lot better or bide our time until next year.

From the tone of this thread I can't tell if people actually read the article from the post. It says pretty clearly that Kwamain will not play in the Fordham game. Its silent on future games.

Kwamain Mitchell has gotten the necessary waiver from the NCAA to be eligible to play and has joined St. Louis University on its trip to play Fordham tonight, but coach Rick Majerus said Tuesday that Mitchell would not play.

"He might be available to play, but he's not going to play," Majerus said. "Unless we ended up with four players and he's the fifth. He's not going to play. He's not ready to play."

Mitchell was readmitted by the university on Jan. 6 and has had three practices with the team, which left for a weeklong trip to Pennsylvania right after he came back. Because Mitchell missed a semester, SLU needed to petition the NCAA for a waiver making his eligibility retroactive to his situation at the start of the fall semester. Until he got that waiver, Mitchell was not allowed to travel with the team. SLU apparently got the news Tuesday morning in time for Mitchell to make the team's charter flight for New Jersey for the game.

"You can't get in shape in time," Majerus said. "Look at Cody (Ellis) last year. ... Do we need Kwamain? We have to do what's fair to him. We're not giving up on the season. We just had a great practice. We're just shorthanded."

"Unless we ended up with four players and he's the fifth. He's not going to play. He's not ready to play."

I could see Mitchell heading to the scorers table trying to check into the game because Conklin became the 5th player to foul out by committing a reach in foul 55 feet from the basket

Thats when Majerus stands up and does his best Gene Hackman imitation.

From the tone of this thread I can't tell if people actually read the article from the post. It says pretty clearly that Kwamain will not play in the Fordham game. Its silent on future games.

Kwamain Mitchell has gotten the necessary waiver from the NCAA to be eligible to play and has joined St. Louis University on its trip to play Fordham tonight, but coach Rick Majerus said Tuesday that Mitchell would not play.

"He might be available to play, but he's not going to play," Majerus said. "Unless we ended up with four players and he's the fifth. He's not going to play. He's not ready to play."

Mitchell was readmitted by the university on Jan. 6 and has had three practices with the team, which left for a weeklong trip to Pennsylvania right after he came back. Because Mitchell missed a semester, SLU needed to petition the NCAA for a waiver making his eligibility retroactive to his situation at the start of the fall semester. Until he got that waiver, Mitchell was not allowed to travel with the team. SLU apparently got the news Tuesday morning in time for Mitchell to make the team's charter flight for New Jersey for the game.

"You can't get in shape in time," Majerus said. "Look at Cody (Ellis) last year. ... Do we need Kwamain? We have to do what's fair to him. We're not giving up on the season. We just had a great practice. We're just shorthanded."

Yep. Basically all it says is that he would only play if everyone fouled out and we were down to 4 players. So, Majerus is already letting everyone know that he will not play Mitchell against Fordham. I think this is Majerus' way of telling KM that it is best to redshirt this year and just look towards next season. However, anyone that says they would not be crapping their pants and excited beyond belief if Mitchell decided to play tomorrow is a damn liar! Even knowing that the best thing possible is for him to redshirt, who wouldn't love going to our last 7 home games watching Km do what he does best? We all know that it is best for him to sit this year, but I would LOVE watching him play right now!

I could see Mitchell heading to the scorers table trying to check into the game because Conklin became the 5th player to foul out by committing a reach in foul 55 feet from the basket

Thats when Majerus stands up and does his best Gene Hackman imitation.

:lol: Great Post! Mostly, because its all true...

Majerus has always maintained that he defers to the player on whether to redshirt. So either a) Majerus does not know KM's intentions (seems unlikely); b)KM has not made his intentions known (also seems unlikely); or c) KM has said he wants to play. Majerus may be doing his best to influence KM's decision but my total wild-ass guess is that KM has told Majerus he wants to play this year.

Excited? I would be infuriated.

Really? I don't think I would be upset at all. It is ultimately his choice. Sure, we want him to graduate and we want the Bills to be in the best possible situation for the longest possible time. But, in the end, we are all fans and we pay ticket prices to watch this team. The team will be fine without KM there in 2012-13. The recruiting has already taken care of that. If he wants to play, so be it. And if he does, I will completely support him! However, I think the majority of us would rather see him for 2 more full seasons. It is in everyone's best interests that he does that at this time.

Basically, if he plays the product will be better for the short term. That, selfishly, makes me more excited as I have already paid ticket prices for this year. I haven't purchased anything for next season. Of course, I will purchase my next season tix as soon as they become available, but why wouldn't I be selfishly excited watching a player as exciting as KM this season if i could? So, I am saying to KM, please redshirt. But, if you don't, I will understand and will be cheering you on for the last few games.

Yep. Basically all it says is that he would only play if everyone fouled out and we were down to 4 players. So, Majerus is already letting everyone know that he will not play Mitchell against Fordham. I think this is Majerus' way of telling KM that it is best to redshirt this year and just look towards next season. However, anyone that says they would not be crapping their pants and excited beyond belief if Mitchell decided to play tomorrow is a damn liar! Even knowing that the best thing possible is for him to redshirt, who wouldn't love going to our last 7 home games watching Km do what he does best? We all know that it is best for him to sit this year, but I would LOVE watching him play right now!

Then I must be a liar. I hope he does not play until next year. There is no big deal in watching him play tomorrow or any other time THIS SEASON. Wait until he is in shape and can help the team reach the NCAA tournament.

Really? I don't think I would be upset at all. It is ultimately his choice. Sure, we want him to graduate and we want the Bills to be in the best possible situation for the longest possible time. But, in the end, we are all fans and we pay ticket prices to watch this team. The team will be fine without KM there in 2012-13. The recruiting has already taken care of that. If he wants to play, so be it. And if he does, I will completely support him! However, I think the majority of us would rather see him for 2 more full seasons. It is in everyone's best interests that he does that at this time.

Basically, if he plays the product will be better for the short term. That, selfishly, makes me more excited as I have already paid ticket prices for this year. I haven't purchased anything for next season. Of course, I will purchase my next season tix as soon as they become available, but why wouldn't I be selfishly excited watching a player as exciting as KM this season if i could? So, I am saying to KM, please redshirt. But, if you don't, I will understand and will be cheering you on for the last few games.

I agree with you.

Id have a few things go through my mind if I heard he was going to play and it would go a little something like this

1st: Hmm thats weird.

Time peiod: Early AM brains not working right yet, still tired and wee bit hungover)

2nd: WTH are they doing this for it makes no sense

Time period:midmorning Hangovers gone but still not feeling up to par, nead something to eat

3rd This is crap. Once again SLU sends out a mass email to all SLU supporters and instead of asking for money they ask you to bend over. THis scool is really pissing me off. THey are going to get beat again tonight, And I have to wacth it online!!!!

Time period in between Brunch and my post brunch bongrip

This is when I start to calm down.

1st: Crack a beer time. Sit down, watch Sports Ceneter and get depressed becasue SLU is never on there

Time early evening getting reading to have a few drinks and get ready to watch a struggling ream

2nd: pour a shoot,Tequlia or Whickey would be the choice

TIME pleyer introudctions getting excitd for the game not even thinking about mitchell

3rd: Role a big phat spiff sink into my reclyner, and turn on the computer

Time: Tip off kwamamin is out, Im confused by this and not sure what to think about it....so I think for a second and then role another spliff

4th Happy to see him play again and happy he is on the court. Just kind of wish he would of given it more thought.

Time: 3 minutes 4 seconds into the game. KM hits a three, then steals the inbounds pass and gets a quick dunk. 5 pts in 5 seconds

The next games I wont even think about it. Ill still wish he would of reshirted but I will block that out and just be happy he can play